Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2020, 01:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
wearing a mask outside is ridiculous. people should mind their own buisness.
You not wearing a mask outside and spreading the virus while I walk by is my business Jack.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:24 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
wearing a mask outside is ridiculous. people should mind their own buisness.
No it is not.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:30 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You not wearing a mask outside and spreading the virus while I walk by is my business Jack.
this explains why i got dirty looks at the park today walking maskless. i literally walked 10 feet, out of my way around everyone! people are assimilating and they hate common sense. that means you, jack

Old 11-28-2020, 11:38 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
I started wearing two or three masks for double or triple protection. That way the virus knows I can protect myself and it will give up and go away. I mean business. This virus is very deadly, but a piece of cloth will destroy it and make it go away.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
How is containing the spread of any virus pointless?

Do you understand what containing the spread means?

We have 331 M people in the US. Currently over 13.5 M are infected with COVID-19. Just 12 days ago it was only 11 M infected. You don't see the need to contain the spread of a virus that has already infected over 13.5M people and killed 271,942 people?
Coronavirus is different from influenza, and that means it can be contained.

No one that I know thinks that this virus will magically disappear when the weather turned warm or by wearing a mask.

Mask don't stop anyone from acquiring a virus. Masks are intended to lower viral spreading. That's all they are intended for.
There's very accurate testing being used in most hospital settings. See post above so that you can update your knowledge on COVID-19 testing.
The majority of Covid testing is based on a PCR testing which was not set up for a corona virus nor does it specify what virus is being tested for. Just look at how many people tested positive once and got other tests and then tested negative. It is giving us useless results.

People are usually the most contagious before they get tested. So they pass the virus for days and then feel sick and then get tested. By then they have passed a virus onto others.

Trying to stop virus spread is pointless as we can see through lockdowns and masks. It hasn't changed one thing, people still get sick and they continue to blame social gatherings, restaurants, bars, etc. It is making people think that health officials and politicians can control a virus after 9 months and yet no results. The virus is here, lets focus on keeping people healthy and the fact most young people will survive. Instead we are scaring people and making them wear bacteria traps on their face. When they come out they will have a weakened immune system. We are exposed to viruses and germs all the time, it is what builds are immune system, but now we act like someone being sick is something they did wrong.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
How is containing the spread of any virus pointless?

Do you understand what containing the spread means?

We have 331 M people in the US. Currently over 13.5 M are infected with COVID-19. Just 12 days ago it was only 11 M infected. You don't see the need to contain the spread of a virus that has already infected over 13.5M people and killed 271,942 people?
Coronavirus is different from influenza, and that means it can be contained.

No one that I know thinks that this virus will magically disappear when the weather turned warm or by wearing a mask.

Mask don't stop anyone from acquiring a virus. Masks are intended to lower viral spreading. That's all they are intended for.
There's very accurate testing being used in most hospital settings. See post above so that you can update your knowledge on COVID-19 testing.
The testing is still only emergency FDA approved and never been officially approved. It is a joke and why many test positive and have no symptoms and aren't sick. I get it, we just say they are asymptomatic to make the tests look accurate. It isn't like our health officials have been wrong at all (sarcasm added if you couldn't tell).

Old 11-28-2020, 11:57 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
The majority of Covid testing is based on a PCR testing which was not set up for a corona virus nor does it specify what virus is being tested for. Just look at how many people tested positive once and got other tests and then tested negative. It is giving us useless results.

People are usually the most contagious before they get tested. So they pass the virus for days and then feel sick and then get tested. By then they have passed a virus onto others.

Trying to stop virus spread is pointless as we can see through lockdowns and masks. It hasn't changed one thing, people still get sick and they continue to blame social gatherings, restaurants, bars, etc. It is making people think that health officials and politicians can control a virus after 9 months and yet no results. The virus is here, lets focus on keeping people healthy and the fact most young people will survive. Instead we are scaring people and making them wear bacteria traps on their face. When they come out they will have a weakened immune system. We are exposed to viruses and germs all the time, it is what builds are immune system, but now we act like someone being sick is something they did wrong.
The PCR test is specific for SARS-CoV-2. It is expected for the test to become negative as someone recovers from the infection.

Wearing a mask will not weaken the immune system. Health care personnel were having skin problems related to wearing N95 masks for extended periods. Those are preventable.

It is not necessary to be exposed to a potentially lethal infection in order to "build" your immune system.

Asymptomatic infections are the reason that everyone should use masks, socially distance, and mind hand hygiene.

Not all survivors are returning to their pre-infection state of health.

Old 11-29-2020, 08:16 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,390,202 times
It simply astounds me how so many folks truly believe that they are smarter than the vast majority of scientists and medical professionals when it comes to COVID-19. The ignorance is overwhelmingly astounding.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:21 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,419,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
I started wearing two or three masks for double or triple protection. That way the virus knows I can protect myself and it will give up and go away. I mean business. This virus is very deadly, but a piece of cloth will destroy it and make it go away.
Even if you wear 10 mask made from cloth you still go out with less than 20% protection. For example if you spray water on a screen door the water will still pass through it. Spray water through 5 screen doors and the water is still not stopped.OnlY a real medical approved mask can filter out viruses .Even though they only cost pennies to make the n95 mask are still not available to us..... WHY NOT?

Old 11-29-2020, 11:55 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
The masks are just like condoms: control devices forced upon us by Communists to destroy the American way of life. I'll never wear either as long as I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies