Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 08:53 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's not what this new policy from Asheville is doing.

It's similar to Tim SCott's Opportunity Zone that Republicans love so much. Same idea.
I visit Asheville all the time and rarely do I even see a black person ! The mountains of NC never had a huge black community , look it up , blacks were not welcome in them thar mountains.
Don't think anyone should worry about this raising taxes very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 08:55 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Ya, that's apples to apples.

It's a simple choice, now weighted by the idiocy of the left.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:16 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
It's a simple choice, now weighted by the idiocy of the left.
You're going to pretend that people go to The Biltmore and to Carowinds for the same purposes?

Old 07-16-2020, 09:27 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
This is correct, the last thing anything either of the Carolinas need is another transplant from the North. Yet they keep coming, just like they have been for several decades now.
And the transplant influx is not just happenstance. Theres an agenda behind it. We have the same thing happening out West. The CA loons have now firmly occupied the entire Pacific coast. Oregon and Washington except for Eastern WA are leftist cesspools.

Now they are focusing hard on the intermountain West. Via the Clark county population base and Washoe in the North Californication is dominating in NV. My home state is nothing like it used to be. We natives are being pushed down.

CO has fallen and New Mexico is on it's way. Arizona is in the sights and Idaho is seeing a huge influx of Californicators. It's a helpless feeling when these leftists take over. They've got the numbers to just overrun us. And they're doing it.

Eastern Washington wants to split the state and Northern Nevada does to. We're mostly rural farming ranching and mining communities in the North minus Reno/Sparks. Having Vegas basically dictating to us via voter base sucks.

That tiny corner of a huge state. I'm sure it's the same in the South East. We rural folks are going to have to make some sort of stand or we'll see our whole lifestyle stolen. By leftist out of state transplants supposedly fleeing the BS where they're from but dragging it all with them.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:44 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You're going to pretend that people go to The Biltmore and to Carowinds for the same purposes?

Anybody else seeing this guy who can't understand that the Biltmore Estate and Carowinds theme park are both tourist destinations?

This concept overloading your intellect, Hooligan? LOL. People.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:25 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Anybody else seeing this guy who can't understand that the Biltmore Estate and Carowinds theme park are both tourist destinations?

The poster in question displays has little, if any, intellect; like many on the left. They live in an alternate reality.

I haven't been to the Biltmore since 3rd grade and Carowinds since they took out the Borg coaster, that thing was cool. Either way this is still another example of Asheville circling the drain like other liberal cities.

Hertiage USA was another local tourist destination, that strangely enough, took the same exit off of I77 as Carowinds to get to.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:32 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:

I lived right by Carowinds (Steele Creek and then Pineville).

I can promise you that the average Carowinds attendee is not the same demographic as the average Biltmore attendee. It's not complicated, I assume you've been to both? You see a lot of Olmsted designed gardens and wineries at Carowinds or a lot of roller coasters and water slides at Biltmore?

Both tourist destinations? That's like saying the New York Philharmonic and Black Sabbath are both concerts.

How's your intellect, professor?

Old 07-16-2020, 12:04 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
And the transplant influx is not just happenstance. Theres an agenda behind it. We have the same thing happening out West. The CA loons have now firmly occupied the entire Pacific coast. Oregon and Washington except for Eastern WA are leftist cesspools.

Now they are focusing hard on the intermountain West. Via the Clark county population base and Washoe in the North Californication is dominating in NV. My home state is nothing like it used to be. We natives are being pushed down.

CO has fallen and New Mexico is on it's way. Arizona is in the sights and Idaho is seeing a huge influx of Californicators. It's a helpless feeling when these leftists take over. They've got the numbers to just overrun us. And they're doing it.

Eastern Washington wants to split the state and Northern Nevada does to. We're mostly rural farming ranching and mining communities in the North minus Reno/Sparks. Having Vegas basically dictating to us via voter base sucks.

That tiny corner of a huge state. I'm sure it's the same in the South East. We rural folks are going to have to make some sort of stand or we'll see our whole lifestyle stolen. By leftist out of state transplants supposedly fleeing the BS where they're from but dragging it all with them.
Same thing is happening EVERYWHERE in America. So-called "progressivism" (we are now more and more seeing is just closeted COMMUNISM/communists) is cancer. They destroyed my city with their poison, and then they are leaving now because they aren't happy with the communists they put in power...only to move to half decent suburbs, only to repeat voting in Marxists. They make me sick. I hate them with every shred of my soul for ruining the city my family gave their blood to.

There is only one solution for this cancer of communism...

Old 07-16-2020, 12:06 PM

30,258 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/ashevi...lack-citizens/

I just dont understand...how many people today are slaves? My father was first American born in my family, we had no,slaves. So are we responsible for something that happened so long ago? So do you believe in reparations?
Quote:
"The reparations won’t come in the form of direct payments to black residents — instead, investments will be made in areas that see racial disparities, the Citizen Times said.

A Community Reparations Commission will be formed to recommend how those resources will be used."
In other words, just another lie to gain more money for the city to squander as they please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yes.

you are responsible.

this isnt about black people. this isnt about slavery. This is about a communist move in this country. This is about hard left redistribution of wealth. this is about breaking America.

Cloward and Piven are alive and well!
Highly recommend that everyone read the above over and over and over and over again until it sinks in. The poster is dead on.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:10 PM

6,158 posts, read 7,228,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Please stop. They are fortunate they are in America, where every one of their long lost brothers in Africa would give anything to be.

A great many of them have terrorized every urban area in America...they commit 70%of all violent crime in this country.

I am sorry, but as noted above, they have access to reparations - It's called welfare.
So are you saying all black are on or need welfare???? There is a good number of white people on it too. As far as equality, there is systematic racism designed to make it harder for black people to achieve success. How many African Americans do you see sitting on the boards of America's greatest companies?

Why are home prices in certain white neighborhoods jacked up above there real value? I could go on an on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies