Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2020, 10:51 AM

23,646 posts, read 12,553,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I have no idea what Dem leaders are saying. *I* am saying it.
You have no idea? Nice that you admit you don't know, and it seems you don't care, what your leaders are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 10:55 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
And the democrats are trying to use mail in voting to commit fraud. Trump is doing what's best for America and Americans. If you can go shop, go to church, go out and do ANYTHING then you can go vote IN PERSON.
WRONG: Democrats more often vote by mail than Republicans. The results of the close vote in Oklahoma to pass more Medicaid proved this to be true. That is the real reason why Trump and Republicans are so strongly opposed to mail in voting. If only more Republicans voted by mail, the debate would be the other way around. Meanwhile, do you not find fault with Trump who votes by mail? Like Trump, not everybody finds it convenient to vote in person.

Furthermore, for further proof, research shows that 58% of the people who said they'll vote by mail will vote for Biden.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 08-14-2020 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Additional point.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:01 AM

23,646 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
So if I following this correctly you think the law says we must force postal workers to work unlimited hours to get the mail out otherwise it is being delayed? I would say the a postal worker has a right to an 8 hour day and 40 hour week as the entire labor movement in the United States was born to protect.
Yep.

Seems that person, and others like her, would rather the postal workers have a higher risk of catching the virus by working those longer hours, just so that they can hide in their houses instead of masking up and going to the polls. I thought masks worked?

Old 08-14-2020, 11:03 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,222,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Not throwing money down the drain by funding the USPS even more is the right move. Demoncrats want this crackpot idea of universal mail in voting THEY find a way to fund it because it ain't happening with Trump as president thankfully! Oh and I never said I believed in the constitution or anything else. Trump is doing what's best for America and Americans, I can see it and that doesn't mean its gotta be within the constitution that all of a sudden demoncrats claim to care about.

Please explain how making voting more difficult is in the best interests of America and Americans? The fraud rate for vote by mail is .00006%. The new crackpot head of USPS has already done a bunch of damage to the agency. We have vote by mail in Oregon and I love it!

Old 08-14-2020, 11:06 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,996,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
So if I following this correctly you think the law says we must force postal workers to work unlimited hours to get the mail out otherwise it is being delayed? I would say the a postal worker has a right to an 8 hour day and 40 hour week as the entire labor movement in the United States was born to protect.
Someone knows little about a collective bargaining agreement.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep.

Seems that person, and others like her, would rather the postal workers have a higher risk of catching the virus by working those longer hours, just so that they can hide in their houses instead of masking up and going to the polls. I thought masks worked?
They have been prohibited working overtime. Therefore don't be surprised to hear of reports that letters and especially packages pile up to levels not seen since Christmas time and the UPS strike.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Trump needs to FULL ON BLOCK all attempts for the dirty Democrats to steal the election.
But Trump gets your full approval to continue voting by mail?

Old 08-14-2020, 11:09 AM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Someone knows little about a collective bargaining agreement.

Someone's major problem in the union versus management fights is his people being mandated to work overtime when they want to go home. Branch and National officers take a different view.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
“Mail ballots, they cheat,” Mr. Trump said. “Mail ballots are very dangerous for this country because of cheaters." - President Trump

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” - President Trump

So vote by mail voting is "safe and secure, tried and true" in Florida, a primarily red state but in other non red states vote by mail ballots "cheat" and will make this election most "inaccurate and fraudulent election in history"???

Is President Trump's main concern about mail in voting potential voter fraud (which study after study shows voter fraud is extremely rare) or something more sinister?
Presidential elections have been close in Florida. I don't get why Trump praises the mail-in system of voting in Florida as safe and secure.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:13 AM

948 posts, read 922,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Voting is not an endowed right, but a government privilege.
What are you, a Russian troll trying to sabotage American democracy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies