Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2020, 10:07 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I won’t watch even one NFL game. Not one. Not even if the Titans go to the Super Bowl. They’ve gone woke so let’s make em go broke. Tune out America!
I'll try not to watch my Vikings. Hopefully I can work on my house or go golfing on my Sundays now.

Sad to see my favorite undrafted.local boy Adam Theilen, a decent Christian and hard worker, get caught up in a league pushing communism (anti-Christiantiy), but this is what the NFL has decided to roll with, much like all of America at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 10:33 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
What a bunch of RW virtue signalling. The pregame show goes to the top of the hour. Commercial. Then about 60 seconds of the announcers previewing the game. Kickoff. No commentary during the game. Game over. TV off.
Sensibilities remain violation free.
I guess that must make sense to you, what ever the heck you said...

Old 09-08-2020, 10:33 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I'll try not to watch my Vikings. Hopefully I can work on my house or go golfing on my Sundays now.

Sad to see my favorite undrafted.local boy Adam Theilen, a decent Christian and hard worker, get caught up in a league pushing communism (anti-Christiantiy), but this is what the NFL has decided to roll with, much like all of America at this point.
If we stop watching in large numbers we can hurt the NFL. We can thin the wallets of the owners and the organization. Only then can the leadership of the NFL be changed and policy changes. Only through abandoning NFL football can we force them to drop the politics and social justice crap. Stop watching, cancel any cable channel that has been purchased to watch the NFL, don’t buy NFL merchandise and certainly don’t attend a game. Let the Woke support their organization. Let’s teach the NFL who has been buttering their bread.

It’s football......drop the communism.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:39 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
In this thread is just a sampling of how upset fans are right now without a single game yet played. What this doesn't even take into account is that players have been pushing to boycott a game in protest of Jacob Blake. I can only imagine the damage that will cause if they actually go through with something like that

Old 09-08-2020, 10:40 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
If we stop watching in large numbers we can hurt the NFL. We can thin the wallets of the owners and the organization. Only then can the leadership of the NFL be changed and policy changes. Only through abandoning NFL football can we force them to drop the politics and social justice crap. Stop watching, cancel any cable channel that has been purchased to watch the NFL, don’t buy NFL merchandise and certainly don’t attend a game. Let the Woke support their organization. Let’s teach the NFL who has been buttering their bread.

It’s football......drop the communism.

I'm with you. I absolutely do want to hurt them for forcing their trash upon me.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:43 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm waiting to see the Anifa marchers do the half time show
What would that look like? A fake storefront wheeled out so a bunch of guys can loot it and run away in unison?

Old 09-09-2020, 08:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Two thoughts to add here.

First, why do we keep seeing the word "communism" used to describe the sickness that has been allowed to ravage our world of sports? What we're seeing is racism - purely and simply. Anti-white racism. It has nothing to do with "communism" and to use that word is to confuse and divert focus.

Second, the silliness of key players like Drew Brees thinking that by apologizing for their initial gut feelings and acting to embrace BLM, they're going with the flow, is boundless. And I don't mean to single out Drew Brees....he's just the first example that comes to mind because his story got more publicity. And by key players, I don't mean just on-field players. I mean owners, head coaches, and all others with prominent roles in sports.

My strong suspicion is that 90% of these guys share our disgust with allowing this racist plague to spread unabated, but feel that they're trapped in roles where they must "support" what idiots like Goodell tell them to "support". They think they're being good team players....think they're gliding down the highway when, in fact, they're slip-sliding away. Because the fans are the flow....we are the flow.

Thoroughly misguided as he is, Kaepernick could teach them a thing or two about courage. And that right there is pathetic.

Old 09-09-2020, 08:58 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,232,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Two thoughts to add here.

First, why do we keep seeing the word "communism" used to describe the sickness that has been allowed to ravage our world of sports? What we're seeing is racism - purely and simply. Anti-white racism. It has nothing to do with "communism" and to use that word is to confuse and divert focus.

Second, the silliness of key players like Drew Brees thinking that by apologizing for their initial gut feelings and acting to embrace BLM, they're going with the flow, is boundless. And I don't mean to single out Drew Brees....he's just the first example that comes to mind because his story got more publicity. And by key players, I don't mean just on-field players. I mean owners, head coaches, and all others with prominent roles in sports.

My strong suspicion is that 90% of these guys share our disgust with allowing this racist plague to spread unabated, but feel that they're trapped in roles where they must "support" what idiots like Goodell tell them to "support". They think they're being good team players....think they're gliding down the highway when, in fact, they're slip-sliding away. Because the fans are the flow....we are the flow.

Thoroughly misguided as he is, Kaepernick could teach them a thing or two about courage. And that right there is pathetic.
I wonder if team unity will be splintered. Will we see more personal fouls?

Did Drew apologize realizing he could be in a dangerous place with unspoken 'bounties' placed on his head?

Old 09-09-2020, 08:59 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
I love it like the French passionately singing the Marseilles a song about defending your selves from invading murderers and rapists
They proudly stand defenseless and let it happen

Old 09-09-2020, 09:06 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
why do we keep seeing the word "communism" used to describe the sickness that has been allowed to ravage our world of sports? What we're seeing is racism - purely and simply. Anti-white racism. It has nothing to do with "communism" and to use that word is to confuse and divert focus.
It's a complicated onion to peel away my friend. The BLM initiative is part of an "intersectional" coalition from academia, which is fundamentally Marxist / Communist. Marxism is a worldview that human suffering is only a result of oppression and that oppressed victims must fight oppressors by any means necessary. So they go out looking for people to call themselves victims and use them to attack the power structures so they can take power for themselves.

That is the root of things, but at the BLM-NFL level of course you are right. This Critical Race Theory nonsense is racist by any normal person's definition and that is how most people see it. Two wrongs don't make a right, and any discrimination is immoral discrimination even if the target is Jewish or white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2tQathSxpg[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies