Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 06:45 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,565,672 times

Advertisements

Trump paid nearly no taxes for most of the last FIFTEEN years thus not contributing to the military budget to protect America, pay our soldiers, educate our children, support our law enforcement, run our courts, build roads and infrastructure, aid the poor, etc....

He paid nearly no taxes because his losses were so huge for so many years. Trump is apparently as incompetent a businessman as he is president.

Last edited by MMS02760; 09-28-2020 at 06:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 06:46 AM

4,192 posts, read 2,512,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
some posters seem outraged that the tax laws are currently arranged to allow people to escape taxes. perhaps their outrage should be directed at congress... even at joe biden who was in congress and the white house for "180 years" and could have changed the tax code?
One Senator can't change the code. Obama's tax reform bill was killed by the GOP in 2013.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:46 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
We don't know that. What banks do they have loans from? But in the end, we know he's the emperor without cloths. Its little wonder he squandered the booming economy Obama left him.

When it comes to business, Trump has a head full of stump water. When it comes to destroying the US, he is doing a great job. It would be just sad that he can't step up to the mark, but his ineptitude on the pandemic has left over 200,000 dead, thousands more struggling with medical bills. All the while, he hides behind a wall of people who are regularly tested for Covid. If its a hoax, why worry?
Go pound sand. Blaming Trump for covid deaths when good people stayed locked down but YOUR SIDE went out on nightly looting and rioting parties. For a couple of thugs.
And hey brainiac..Presidents dont create good economies. Industry and consumers do. It happens when there is confidence, and the likes of you bashing the president for everything under the sun, much of which democrats caused, does nothing for that.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:48 AM

6,365 posts, read 4,193,409 times
The NY Times is dirt! Who cares about the Presidents taxes since it’s the politicians who are responsible for our tax laws!

We should care more about the presidents decisions regarding the people of the United States rather than his personal finances.

Meanwhile many of the so called “leading politicians” have built enormous wealth by using their political platform. Where are The NY Times articles regarding Pelosi, Obama or Biden’s great wealth❓

The Toilet Paper Times will do anything to Trash Trump❗️

Old 09-28-2020, 06:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Wow, this 70k really has you liberals in a twist. lol. Big freaking deal.
I am not liberal, but yes, tax fraud/evasion is a big deal. Al Capone went to prison for the very same thing.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:49 AM

37,229 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Jealousy & envy permeates the Libs on this thread. Some can't stand that Trump is wealthy, & they're not.

They have fully abandoned the peace, love, coexist, tolerence, kumbaya mantra of the left. They adopted hate, vitriol, anger, revenge, instead.

When they are winning its all but when they are losing, they get & then they

When some people don't make the grade in their own lives, they tend to lash out at others who have. It's petty, & sad, but its life.
Wrong. I am absolutely thrilled that I am not "wealthy" like Trump. I worked fifty years and built a comfortable retirement. The big different in us is that I was honest and paid my taxes, and I won't be spending my retirement in an orange jump suit making license plates.

I need to run now. I hear the fish are biting.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You expected him to simply make a full confession when he got caught...?
Got CAUGHT doing WHAT?

Old 09-28-2020, 06:53 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Than stop blaming the poor people or ones not working from leaching from the system. Your so blind to see that Trump is leaching too. It’s not smarter it’s called hypercritical! Just stop with y’all bs.
At least Trump has worked his entire life unlike the leaches who don't and don't think they should have to. Big difference don't you think?

Old 09-28-2020, 06:53 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Is the President in violation of any tax laws?

No?

He has a great accountant and has learned how to work the US tax code. Like most wealthy people.

End of story.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Wrong. I am absolutely thrilled that I am not "wealthy" like Trump. I worked fifty years and built a comfortable retirement. The big different in us is that I was honest and paid my taxes, and I won't be spending my retirement in an orange jump suit making license plates.
I think its up to the IRS to determine whether Trump committed a crime, not you or the Times.
So paying taxes makes you honest?
I think its not cheating on them and so far there is no evidence of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies