Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 07:32 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
That's right.

Listen to Steve Harvey. His said his barber cut his hair for $1500 a cut, 4 times a week for show business. 6k a week for 52 weeks that's $72,000

No, it’s $312,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 07:32 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I see we are back to his dumb taxes nobody with life cares about. His taxes is like clockwork when Democrats have a crappy candidate and no platform. Lol
And defending him no matter what, is like clockwork to die hard supporters. At this point, we'll take that crappy candidate over the crook we have in there now, racist crook that is.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:33 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Apology accepted. I understand now why that word has slipped into your vernacular.

It’s incumbent upon the IRS to investigate and take measures against tax evaders and tax frauds. I trust them to ferret out any improprieties - not The NY Times. They do not have my trust. We don’t even know what specific documentation they are using to determine his “guilt”.
Right but the NY times is mocking his "business acumen" by noting big losses and then is all upset that he hasn't paid taxes on losses?

What am I missing?

I mean if he'd made tons of money and paid no taxes that makes sense that something may be wrong.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:33 AM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Guess what mouth breathers!

Since 2013, I have only paid $1500 in taxes!

When you run your own business, or when the IRS considers you a business, (self employed), you get a whole lot of write offs due to expenses for running that business (or being self employed - because YOU are the one who pays for everything out of pocket, not some employer).

If you want to cry about this, I suggest that you contact the IRS and tell them how so unfair you think it all is.

And then go ahead and tell us how many people you've employed in the last 20 years.

You and the NYT are about to look just as stupid as Rachel Maddow did when she "got Trump's taxes for 2005 right here. We got it!"

I didn't realize that people were so stupid they don't understand things like this.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:34 AM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Ypu suppose any negative information on Trump, true or otherwise, is going to sway anyones vote? Same with Biden.

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I am finding the narrative to be extremely odd.

"Trumps lost tons of money, he's got debt etc."

followed by...

"Trump hasn't been paying hardly anything in taxes"

So, which is it? Because the news articles and posters here seem to be upset that he's not paying taxes on negative income?

P.S. I never have or will vote for Trump but I find this sort of thing to be a clear political attack and of dubious legality. I also find the fishing expedition investigations by the various democratic prosecutors to be some scary stuff as well, something out of the playbook of other countries where political rivals are "investigated". Most of it's just hot air for publicity but it's ugly to see.
Why is that an either/or proposition? Would the latter not be an indication of the former?

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They didn’t reveal all his losses or the fact that he paid zero tax over 10 years.
All corporations and even individuals have occasional losses. Do you know anything about busies, finance or economics? Also, they did reveal his income, and sources of income. So, you're wrong. Again.

494 posts, read 180,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Did he do anything illegal? If so, I’m sure the IRS would have came down on him already. They don’t care who you are!.

When you have businesses operation in the millions/hundreds of millions and you take losses, you can write off most of those losses. It’s called a Net Operating Loss.

He said it during his last campaign. “Why would I want to pay more taxes than I’m legally obligated too?” I must say that I agree.
It is illegal to pay Ivanka approx $700,000 in consulting fees and write it off for the Trump organization when she is an employee of the Trump organization. It was to a so called unnamed consultant on two Trump projects, but that same exact figure shows up in Ivanka's financial disclosure form. The guy is a crook.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:36 AM

558 posts, read 338,504 times
If I hire my kids and son-in-law to look busy, is that a tax deduction?

Old 09-28-2020, 07:37 AM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I am finding the narrative to be extremely odd.

"Trumps lost tons of money, he's got debt etc."

followed by...

"Trump hasn't been paying hardly anything in taxes"
The two are connected and are counter to Trump's narrative of being one of the richest most successful people in the world. What it says to me is he has had some very bad investments that exceed his taxable earnings for 10 of the last 15 years. And this is during the time when he was making all the apprentice money which appears to be his biggest windfall of his career and still he was in the red.

If I am missing something here, do explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies