Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 05:23 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If Trump "dodged" taxes LEGALLY, then so what? Its normal to attempt to minimize the taxes you have to pay, so long as its done LEGALLY.

The ~55% that pay no taxes, are doing so legally, so my problem is not with them, it's with politicians who write the tax code that allows more than half to freeload upon the backs of the rest of us. That is wrong.
I suppose your solution does not include changing the code to effectively enable us to collect more from corporations and the ultra wealthy so the middle-class doesn’t always get squeezed so hard, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 05:31 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
A reminder. Yesterday's NYT exposé was just the first in a series on the topic of Trump's swampy financial machinations & manipulations, woeful lack of business acumen/chronic massive losses, his staggering amount of debt and the implications of it all.

There are those that are working overtime to convince us that it is only about the puny 750 dollars Trump paid in taxes for several years--- or the no income tax at all in 11 of the 18 years that the Times reviewed--- as he shirked his civic duty; or that his poor citizenship is evidence of his common sense.

Nothing to see here, the charlatan is a genius for stiffing America, they say.

But there is more to see. There was more to see yesterday and there is more to see in the coming days and weeks. Don't be duped a second time, America. Read it for yourselves as opposed to blindly buying into the prolific, abbreviated, Barr-type fraudulent summations.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-28-2020 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 09-28-2020, 05:32 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
If Trump "dodged" taxes LEGALLY, then so what? Its normal to attempt to minimize the taxes you have to pay, so long as its done LEGALLY.

The ~55% that pay no taxes, are doing so legally, so my problem is not with them, it's with politicians who write the tax code that allows more than half to freeload upon the backs of the rest of us. That is wrong.
There was a prior investigative article that indicated how his father inflated and falsely claimed improvements on properties in addition to many other deductions that were illegal, problem is the statute of limitations is far gone. The real estate tax code is ripe with loopholes for abuse. The 2017 Tax Code Reform Act neglected to address these abuses. Like Leona Helmsley said, only the little people pay taxes.

Abuses like this shouldn't be tolerated by either party, this is one of the reasons for the income disparity.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:34 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
A reminder. Yesterday's NYT exposé was just the first in a series on the topic of Trump's swampy financial machinations & manipulations, woeful lack of business acumen, his staggering amount of debt and his chronic losses and the implications of it all.

There are those that are working overtime to convince us that it is only about the puny 750 dollars Trump paid in taxes for several years, as he shirked his civic duty; or that his poor citizenship is evidence of his common sense. Nothing to see here, the charlatan is a genius for stiffing America, they say.

But there is more to see. There was more to see yesterday and there is more to see in the coming days and weeks. Don't be duped a second time, America.
Keep trying, Coyote, Trump keeps running ahead!!!!!

Meep meep!!!

Old 09-28-2020, 05:35 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
oh they are now trying the tax return fake news again.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:37 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
One of his campaign messages was that he knows how the elite exploits the tax system to pay low taxes and that he would close those loopholes. Instead he delivered a tax break.

Rates were non-competitive and needed to be reduced.

Has nothing to do with loopholes that are special favors left in the tax code for friends of lawmakers.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:44 AM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Don't know why this is news since most level-headed people know he's paid very little in taxes over the past several decades ... as did most of the politicians in DC.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:52 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
You sound jealous that he is a Billionaire, and you are not.
Those returns don’t paint the picture of a billionaire, more a house of cards.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:58 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I don't care about how much trump paid in taxes as long as the irs rules were followed. this 'news' won't affect my vote in november.

trump's tax information may have been legal to publish by the nytimes, but someone broke the law by stealing these records. theft of personal irs information makes me wonder how safe my records are....

Old 09-28-2020, 06:05 AM

558 posts, read 338,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't care about how much trump paid in taxes as long as the irs rules were followed. this 'news' won't affect my vote in november.

trump's tax information may have been legal to publish by the nytimes, but someone broke the law by stealing these records. theft of personal irs information makes me wonder how safe my records are....

Donald is on the payroll. It is a legit question to see if he has conflicts of interest.

Are you paranoid to think anyone cares about a tax return on your 6-figure income? You make $100K, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies