Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 09:30 AM

25,448 posts, read 9,813,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Apparently Trump is in really bad financial shape. Not surprising he wanted this hidden. The dude is broke.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ump-taxes.html

Sorry its a pay wall. I am sure this will be all over shortly.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.
He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.
Because of course. However, he and his followers will either chant fake news or they just won't give a damn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 09:30 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,022,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Put up or SHUT UP!!!
lock him up.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:31 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
New York Times IS dirt. They don't have to dig for it. They've been reporting corrupt lies for years. They reported that hellary's chances of winning in 2016 were over 90%. How's that workin' for ya?

I'll give the leftists this, they are like a mad dog with a bone when it comes to trying to take down President Trump and his supporters. Mad being the operative word here.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:31 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
That is interesting he has $300 million coming due soon. What are the details of that? Is any of that public?
From what I've seen, it's owed to Deutschbank, who didn't want to make the loan to him but did it anyway. It's possible he had a last-minute cosigner. I wonder who has that kind of cash laying around in a cigar box waiting to help a homey out...?

Old 09-28-2020, 09:33 AM

494 posts, read 180,164 times
Quote:
I am a business owner who has had real estate investments for years. I get all of that. I am not claiming to have $10 billion dollars in assets like Trump has. No problem taking legal deductions.

Like myself you appear to be a middle class or upper middle class person. Lots of people like you or myself. What I have read so far and I understand there will be much more released in coming weeks but so far it does not paint the picture of someone who is one of the richest people in the world. It shows an upper middle class / borderline rich person who has a lot of debt and a lot of businesses that are hemorrhaging money. Or at least that is what he is claiming on his taxes.

That does not make him a criminal or a servant to Russia but it does show someone who exaggerated their wealth and lied about much of it.
It possibly does when he has $421M in loans coming due over the next couple of years that he personally is on the hook for. It has not been made clear to whom those loans are from so how can we possibly trust him to run the country without second guessing every decision he makes and if it benefits him in some way instead of the people. Look at his Covid response. It was beneficial to his businesses (hotels, golf courses) to downplay the situation so as not to cause harm to his bottom line because he can't let those businesses fail. The guy has been profiting off of the Presidency for 4 years now. 300 days of golf all at his resorts where the tax players are paying insane amounts of money to his resorts/golf clubs. It's all about trump and it always has been and always will be. I won't be shocked to see over the next couple of years him being convicted of tax fraud and/or it coming to light that his loans were made by people that he personally helped during his presidency. Excuse me now, I have to go get a haircut because i need to be presentable for my Zoom meeting.............let me go write that off

Old 09-28-2020, 09:34 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Disgusting Liberal Crybabies!

Earlier this year, ITEP reported Netflix and Amazon paid no federal taxes. Other companies on this list include Chevron, Delta Airlines, Eli Lilly, General Motors, Gannett, Goodyear Tire and Rubber, Halliburton, IBM, Jetblue Airways, Principal Financial, Salesforce.com, US Steel, and Whirlpool.
This will certainly make me rethink my decision to vote for Whirlpool for president.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:35 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What I expected honestly.

So Breitbart, The Blaze, InfoWars, Conservative Treehouse, Fox News and One America News.
Those are opinion sites, not news gathering organizations. I can do a personal blog and have every bit as much validity as most of those.

ABC, NCB, CBS, NPR, NYT, Time, Newsweek, WaPo, L.A. Times, et cetera. Fox gets 25% credit, because they do report some news along with their main offering of "entertainment"

Old 09-28-2020, 09:37 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
So, with that logic.....

Why did Trump claim such a large loss on his taxes?

Surely, he should just pay his wealth bracket fairly and not
take 70,000 deductions for hair. If his hair is such a problem
that he needs to spend 70k on it, surely he would reject that
gift of a deduction and simply shave his head???

No hair, problem solved. 70k deduction goes away. His tax
bill goes up. His problem to solve, not the IRS.

Exactly who needs to get a grip?

I don't know if you checked out the deductions Trump and
Congress are no longer allowing "We the People" to take for
our own deductions at tax time now.
Excuse me. Most individuals and all the corporations I know take every LEGAL tax deduction they can. Trump's lawyers and accountants see to that. He's not sitting at his kitchen table doing his tax returns. If you have a problem with U.S. and State tax codes (the law), lobby your representatives to have them changed.

494 posts, read 180,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
New York Times IS dirt. They don't have to dig for it. They've been reporting corrupt lies for years. They reported that hellary's chances of winning in 2016 were over 90%. How's that workin' for ya?

I'll give the leftists this, they are like a mad dog with a bone when it comes to trying to take down President Trump and his supporters. Mad being the operative word here.
if these are lies I'm sure trump would have already filed a Libel lawsuit and demanded a retraction. His big response was "fake news...nothing to see here folks, just keep moving along."

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
lock him up.
I see.

Just another subverted demoralized zombie.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies