Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 09:39 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,022,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I see.

Just another subverted demoralized zombie.

Lock him up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 09:39 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This will certainly make me rethink my decision to vote for Whirlpool for president.
LOL... We ended up with Whirlpool... Trump lies so much he's on a permanent spin cycle.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:40 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So you are saying Trump pays $450 more a year in taxes than a typical illegal alien.
I have no idea. I just know someone claimed that illegals paid more than $750.

What we "know" is that Trump said he donates his salary, which would seem to actually be true. And we know that Dems wanted him to divest from all his interests. Instead, they're all up in arms over emoluments because he owns something of all the Trump properties.

Quote:
While it’s true that President Donald Trump has donated his salary to different federal agencies throughout his term, he still profits off of real estate and other business dealings. It would be false to say he works for “no money.”
he apparently also gets some royalties from some European "Apprentice" spinoff. That would seem to be actual income, but nobody's privy to the deal.

Anybody that owns investment (read: income-producing) real estate knows that it's great for generating TAX losses (depreciation) while still generating cash flow (income).

To give one brief example, the Doral Resort he bought for $150MM. Whatever value was placed on the hotels themselves, that's depreciated over 28 years. The actual dirt of the golf courses has an undepreciable value, but the "golf course improvements" (ie the grass and the greens and the cart paths, etc) - those are depreciable over 15 years I believe (could be even faster).

So, you'd like to value the land as low as possible, but if you do so fraudulently, then the IRS gets involved. Let's say it was valued like this:

$20MM land
$54MM buildings
$76MM equipment, etc

So, every year you are claiming ~ $7MM in depreciation to offset actual income made. The reason this is - well, you don't just demolish the building after 27 years, but you do need to spend cash to remodel it. You replace hotel beds and furnishings, etc - and depreciation allows a business to accumulate the cash to do this.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:41 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nobody claimed it came from the IRS. There are people in the private sector who would also have had access to his returns.
Then whoever had that info under an agreement of trust and privacy (if they even did) committed the felony. Where the person(s) who stole the info and then gave the stolen info to the NY Times actually worked is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that even if that person was legally allowed to view that information, several very clear and distinct laws made it a felony for them to share that information with anyone without Donald Trump's explicit permission.

An individual citizen of the US has had their individual liberty grossly violated. Period. The violation is, in point of fact, a felony violation of several federal laws. The NY Times, in publishing said illegally obtained information, is guilty of several felonies under federal law as well.

That nobody but a handful of people recognize this saddens and repulses me.

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Youtuber Styx vlogged about Trump's tax returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFy_LwNKiQ

And one commenter on his vlog dropped a good point about when the NYT will investigate Warren Buffett's tax loopholes.

Still, that's made us a good distraction from Ilhan Omar's fraud as one Youtuber mentionned.
Warren Buffet has already made a statement that he has paid taxes every year since 1944, and he currently pays million of dollars a year.

I doubt he's worried very much, even if he watches the vlogger.

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
If only there were documents Trump could release that would clear up this confusion.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:42 AM

Donald Jr. just gave an interview on his Dad's taxes this morning.

He was coked to the gills.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:43 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If only there were documents Trump could release that would clear up this confusion.
Again, the financial disclosure that Trump had to give to run for President is MUCH more revealing than any tax return, but you don't know much about it, do you? Just all hate Trump, all the time.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
With $400 million in debt- he wouldn’t even be given the lowest government security clearance because that amount is considered problematic and open for bribery/treason. He’s a huge national security threat. On this alone he should be ineligible for holding any position

I've heard this from more than one security clearance expert ....hmmmmm

I don't know....

Old 09-28-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Again, the financial disclosure that Trump had to give to run for President is MUCH more revealing than any tax return, but you don't know much about it, do you? Just all hate Trump, all the time.
I hate liars, cheaters, swindlers, grifters, criminals, traitors, ...

No. His financial disclosure forms were not more revealing. That's why all the fuss today.

I also don't care much for morons and fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies