Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 02:52 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
I dont see the problem.

Consider an eye exam

Old 11-10-2020, 02:53 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Works for me.

Old 11-10-2020, 02:53 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,241,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is practically guaranteed to make a bad situation worse.

DeSantis pushes expansion of Stand Your Ground law as part of ‘anti-mob’ crackdown

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...247094007.html

Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand Florida’s Stand Your Ground law — a move that critics say will allow armed citizens to shoot suspected looters or anyone engaged in “criminal mischief” that disrupts a business.

Lawyers say it’s just one of the many troubling aspects of the draft bill being pushed by the Republican governor in response to police-brutality protests that erupted across Florida and the United States this summer.

“It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions,” said Denise Georges, a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor who had handled Stand Your Ground cases. “It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”
Stand Your Ground Amendments
776.08 Forcible felony.
. . . device or bomb; looting; criminal mischief that results in the interruption or impairment
of a business operation; arson that results in the interruption or impairment of a business
operation; and any other felony . .

The intent of Stand Your Ground laws is to protect a person from an imminent threat without requiring a duty to retreat.

Under this legislation, if a criminal that identifies as a peaceful protester threatens to loot/destroy my business, I am no longer required to cower. If the criminal that identifies as a peaceful protester becomes an imminent threat to me because I won't allow him to loot/destroy my business, I would now be permitted to use lethal force.

If you remove the leftist hyperventilating from the article, there's not much left to read. Here's a direct link to the drafted legislation below.

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-n...eadmore_inline

Old 11-10-2020, 02:55 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Good. This means BLM lowlifes can’t descend on innocent elderly couples just tying to eat a pleasant meal.

Old 11-10-2020, 02:55 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
Quote:
DeSantis pushes expansion of Stand Your Ground law as part of ‘anti-mob’ crackdown

Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand Florida’s Stand Your Ground law — a move that critics say will allow armed citizens to shoot suspected looters or anyone engaged in “criminal mischief” that disrupts a business.
They REALLY need this in Portland. This would solve so many problems

Old 11-10-2020, 02:56 PM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
This is practically guaranteed to make a bad situation worse.

Lawyers say it’s just one of the many troubling aspects of the draft bill being pushed by the Republican governor in response to police-brutality protests that erupted across Florida and the United States this summer.

“It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions,” said Denise Georges, a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor who had handled Stand Your Ground cases. “It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”
He is just as jacked up mentally as trump - who voted for this nut case ?

Old 11-10-2020, 02:56 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Works for me.

Yeah! Screw the Constitution and that silly due process nonsense!, eh?

So much for the BS of the "Patriotic Right".

Old 11-10-2020, 02:57 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Anyone notice how the leftists’ defense immediately goes to thugs threatening people and their businesses rather than the innocent people being threatened?

Another example of Leftist Reverse World.

Old 11-10-2020, 02:59 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So much for the BS of the "Patriotic Right".
I can't think of too many things more patriotic than shooting an antifa leftist trying to burn down a federal building, but I guess that's just me

Old 11-10-2020, 02:59 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Anyone notice how the leftists’ defense immediately goes to thugs threatening people and their businesses rather than the innocent people being threatened?

Another example of Leftist Reverse World.
Yep! Lefties care more about the criminal than they do the victim. It really is as simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies