Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 02:45 PM

1,503 posts, read 608,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I agree the university should not have done anything.

But according to them, it was about how much pressure they were getting from the student body, and the threats to the girl.

They even thought she would not be safe on campus. This sickness must be cured.
Well,
I would consider this in a positive key.
After all, she is now saved from being indoctrinated in the woke-ridden idiots-ruled "University of Tennessee".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 03:01 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Do you really think she only said it once?

How about not saying it at all? This happens every year. A white person gets caught saying the N word and they act shocked and surprised when people get upset. "But, but black people can say it, why can't I?"

The solution is, is to STOP SAYING THE WORD.
Either everyone stops saying it, or no one should. The idea that some people can say it and others can't is blatant, rank hypocrisy.

I don't say that word because I don't wish to cause offense to people. But on the other hand, the notion that there are some things you "can't" say is completely antithetical to the idea of freedom of speech. Little by little, bit by bit, our freedoms are being chipped away by the SJW mobs who seek to harm people who say or do or think anything they don't like, and the craven institutions who cowardly cave in to them.

Another take away is, stop listening to rap music. No good comes of it.

Old 12-30-2020, 03:03 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Either everyone stops saying it, or no one should. The idea that some people can say it and others can't is blatant, rank hypocrisy.

I don't say that word because I don't wish to cause offense to people. But on the other hand, the notion that there are some things you "can't" say is completely antithetical to the idea of freedom of speech. Little by little, bit by bit, our freedoms are being chipped away by the SJW mobs who seek to harm people who say or do or think anything they don't like, and the craven institutions who cowardly cave in to them.

Another take away is, stop listening to rap music. No good comes of it.

Also, why isn't anyone upset that white music producers get rich off selling "music" with the word abundantly sprinkled throughout the tracks?

Why aren't the wokies and race-activists calling for a boycott?

Old 12-30-2020, 03:54 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Jimmy is a despicable two-faced rat. It's not that he released the video, but the way his mind comes up with such a devious plan to wait in order to maximize the shame and humiliation the lady would receive. Seriously, who the hell does something like that.

But you have to realize that he is a reflection of his family and how he was raised, plus he's just another narcissist looking to maximize his own social media publicity.

There is no indication that Mimi ever had any bad intentions using the "N-word," and most definitely it was used in the context of mimicking rappers with no racist intent behind it. Certainly in this hypersensitive PC society of ours using the "N-word" publicly in ANY context is an absolute no-go.

But now this poor girl was basically forced to withdraw because of the cowardly actions of the University of Tennessee which took the easy cop-out way and quickly washed their hands of it. I guarantee if this was a star Black athlete who had videos surface of him making disparaging slurs against other races, the university would have backed the athlete and would have only given slaps on the wrist if any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1nJt8px9aA

Old 12-30-2020, 04:05 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:

How about not saying it at all? This happens every year. A white person gets caught saying the N word and they act shocked and surprised when people get upset. "But, but black people can say it, why can't I?"

Evidently that school district has a problem with racial insensitivity, this language should not be accepted.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:27 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Not really. The only newsworthy thing is that people think it’s newsworthy.
Whether it's newsworthy or not, the story should inform or remind all sensible white people of any age that saying the n word can damage your life. Students in particular can be lulled into using the word because they might hear it used casually in school and music.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:53 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:

As if white teens innocently copying black pop culture use of the word "******" is the only thing these idiots are up in arms over. If not that it would be something else. The solution is to show a little backbone and stand up to the woke bullies.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:37 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Random ironic thought:

A 15 year old can shoplift, rob, and a whole host of crimes, get caught, and it is usually expunged once they are 18.

She said the N word at 15 at is a pariah for life.

Conclusion: Saying the N word once is worse than robbing a store.
You are better off killing someone than using the n word.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:20 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No my kids aren’t dumb and their friends are cool. I would hate for the world to go back to segregation. I love that my kids are friends with people of all different races and first generation Americans whose families come from all over the world.
We ARE in a world of segregation.The are separate race dorms at many campuses; separate race graduations; segregated Miss America and so on. It isn't white people who are demanding this separation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
An upper middle class white girl from a gated community being outed by a black teen from a biracial family with a cop, losing her college acceptance and all this in an area where slaves were sold and a school district that tolerates racism. Not newsworthy?
Can someone explain why Ralph Northam is still the governor of VA? The racist state with racist school districts and racist 15 year old white girls? What Northam did as an adult was 10x worse than what Mimi Groves did, but somehow Cancel Culture never cancels Lefties.

Quote:
Do you really think she only said it once? How about not saying it at all? This happens every year. A white person gets caught saying the N word and they act shocked and surprised when people get upset. "But, but black people can say it, why can't I?" The solution is, is to STOP SAYING THE WORD.
Yes, because the context she used it in is the context where she learned it; from hip hop culture.

If the solution is "STOP SAYING THE WORD" then everyone should "STOP SAYING THE WORD".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
As if white teens innocently copying black pop culture use of the word "******" is the only thing these idiots are up in arms over. If not that it would be something else. The solution is to show a little backbone and stand up to the woke bullies.
Quite right.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:30 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Also, why isn't anyone upset that white music producers get rich off selling "music" with the word abundantly sprinkled throughout the tracks?

Why aren't the wokies and race-activists calling for a boycott?
You think that’s bad? Why aren’t more people mad that record companies think nothing of encouraging music glorifying rape culture, sexism, or murdering people for disrespecting? They’ve been making money off that for years and years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies