Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 05:32 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This boy Jimmy strikes me as an effete little hater who had it out for this girl through high school. She was a pretty blonde cheerleader and he was a biracial boy with some sexual confusion. She said “I can drive, n****s” after getting her license. For this grave offense he held the 3-second video clip for over TWO YEARS, waiting for his big moment. That’s the behavior of a very angry and messed-up young man.

The University of Tennessee reacted in a most typically woke fashion: get themselves away from the girl as quickly as possible. Imagine that. An institute of higher learning didn’t feel like turning this into a teachable moment.

This young man will get his some day. Oh yes he will.
Meh. Lots of people behave badly and do messed up things, especially when they're young. What matters here is not that some young nobody named Jimmy did a bad thing. It's that a public university, and America's most important newspaper, helped him do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 05:54 PM

1,958 posts, read 702,684 times
All of us in here are missing ONE big question here. Is she a GOP? I saw many many dems did stupid things. They never get cancelled. WHy did she get cancelled?

Old 12-29-2020, 06:08 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I agree, though I have strived to make my kids understand that even though their friends use it (they’re black), they cannot do it. I just have a hard time understanding how people put so much power into words. People tell me dumb blonde jokes all the time and I just laugh with them. I know they don’t mean it in a negative way. We are creating victims left and right, and the newfound freak out over name calling is adding to it.
Well, it is coming to the point not to have any friends that are different than you are. Those black friends can easily entrap your kids to say something, then post a cut of it to the world a few years from now.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:10 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
All of us in here are missing ONE big question here. Is she a GOP? I saw many many dems did stupid things. They never get cancelled. WHy did she get cancelled?
Nah, she was canceled because she's an ambitious, attractive, blonde white girl who offended a member of the aggrieved class. Apparently he originally called her out as a hypocrite when she expressed support for the BLM movement. So if there IS a lesson to learn here, maybe it's that she'll reconsider her support for the most powerful and well-heeled grievance cult of them all. Let her get a taste of the logical outcome of her advocacy.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:58 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, it is coming to the point not to have any friends that are different than you are. Those black friends can easily entrap your kids to say something, then post a cut of it to the world a few years from now.
No my kids aren’t dumb and their friends are cool. I would hate for the world to go back to segregation. I love that my kids are friends with people of all different races and first generation Americans whose families come from all over the world.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:08 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Default Nyt

I am unable to understand why the NY Times has an role in this matter other than reporting it well after it occurred.

Am I missing something?

Old 12-29-2020, 10:32 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Social media lynching of white people. Lefties call it "social justice."

Old 12-29-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I am unable to understand why the NY Times has an role in this matter other than reporting it well after it occurred.

Am I missing something?
The article linked to in the OP explains the NYT's role at length. Did you read it?

Old 12-29-2020, 11:17 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,753,407 times
Its 2020. She f’ed her own life. When older she can still be a stripper!

Old 12-30-2020, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Its 2020. She f’ed her own life. When older she can still be a stripper!
Why RU mad at this girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies