Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2021, 01:37 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times

Advertisements

I don’t really care, it’s good for young people from all races to have positive roll models. I would like to see our country adapting a Native American history month, I’m surprised there isn’t one already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 01:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
You anti Black History Month blowhards can blow hard all you want. Black History Month is here to stay and isn't going anywhere.

Old 02-04-2021, 01:46 PM

89,052 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
Man, stop the bloviating. Europeans practiced the Arab/Islamic form.
When? Only after Africans exported their cultural norm of chattel slavery to other parts of the world. Why deny actual history?

Quote:
The main thing that you're missing are the systematic restraints that was placed on my people through to to the Civil Rights period.
I have news for you. The Jim Crow Democrats and their teachers unions are STILL placing systemic restraints on Blacks. The proof:

Percent of 12th grade students of each race/ethnicity who are proficient or above, by race/ethnicity group:

Mathematics:

Overall: 26%

Asian/Pacific Islander: 47%
White: 33%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 12%
Hispanic: 12%
Black: 7%

Reading:

Overall: 38%

White: 47%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 26%
Hispanic: 23%
Black: 16%

National Assessment of Educational Progress - NAEP - 12th Grade Mathematics and Reading

Does anyone really believe that Blacks, Hispanics, and American Indians/Alaska Natives are congenitally that much less intelligent than Asians and Whites? Or are our country's public schools doing a spectacularly crappy job of educating our children - our nation's future - due to widespread systemic institutional racism and only some groups have figured out how to partially rise above that travesty on their own?

Old 02-04-2021, 01:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You anti Black History Month blowhards can blow hard all you want. Black History Month is here to stay and isn't going anywhere.
Nobody is against the black history month. We are all against racism except for you guys.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:07 PM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I don’t really care, it’s good for young people from all races to have positive roll models. I would like to see our country adapting a Native American history month, I’m surprised there isn’t one already.
Everyone born here to citizen or legal immigrants is a native Americans. There are no special ones.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:10 PM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
I'm not just anti-black history month but anti-any race or ethnic group having a month dedicated to them. We should have an American history month that is dedicated to us all. However, history is taught in our schools so I really don't get the point of that either.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:13 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
People who are against Black History month are only against it because they are racist.

Old 02-04-2021, 02:14 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Thank you. Those who keep on complaining about Black History Month need to answer this question: What else can you do besides complain?

Old 02-04-2021, 04:58 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,562,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
When? Only after Africans exported their cultural norm of chattel slavery to other parts of the world. Why deny actual history?

I have news for you. The Jim Crow Democrats and their teachers unions are STILL placing systemic restraints on Blacks. The proof:

Percent of 12th grade students of each race/ethnicity who are proficient or above, by race/ethnicity group:

Mathematics:

Overall: 26%

White: 33%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 12%
Hispanic: 12%
Black: 7%

Reading:

Overall: 38%

White: 47%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 26%
Hispanic: 23%
Black: 16%

National Assessment of Educational Progress - NAEP - 12th Grade Mathematics and Reading

Does anyone really believe that Blacks, Hispanics, and American Indians/Alaska Natives are congenitally that much less intelligent than Asians and Whites? Or are our country's public schools doing a spectacularly crappy job of educating our children - our nation's future - due to widespread systemic institutional racism and only some groups have figured out how to partially rise above that travesty on their own?
What Most Experts Aren't Telling You During Black History Month. John Azumah explains some nuances that your average European American just overlooks because these are just "Blacks catching other Blacks, they're the same."

Slavery Before the Trans-Atlantic Trade is a good article and paragraph five tells of the difference between the African institution and the European one (which was more Islamic).

Regarding the educational statistics, I agree that the teaching methods can be better. It does start in the home first and I think that we're in a time where information is very abundant and the parents can position their children in a better spot so as to not be too reliant on teachers trying to teach.

That's why it's important for us so-called Black Americans (cringe) to speak on our history amongst one another. That would spark us to overcompensate because we need to get out of this position. I'm not going to get too deep into it.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:04 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Everyone born here to citizen or legal immigrants is a native Americans. There are no special ones.
I was talking about the ones here before us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies