Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2021, 09:18 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why would millions of immigrants leave their own countries?
People emigrate for all different reasons. Who are you referring to?

Both of my parents are immigrants. My father didn’t even want to stay here but he met my mother.

I have friends who have come here and left. They are black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 11:21 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Green mariner has hit the nail on the head. Besides resentment, hateful, ignorant, add misplaced jealousy, disgruntled envy to the list of short comings.
Hardly. Jealousy! Really?
Of what exactly?

Old 02-04-2021, 12:03 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Don’t try it. You made sure to group all Black people together. But you made sure to separate Asians because you don’t want to admit that Asians on a whole do not outperform whites on tests in Britain either.
Admit it?

No, of course all Asians don't outperform whites in Britain. Pakistanis certainly don't and they're the largest Asian group in that country. "Asian" is not really a meaningful way to group people. "East Asian" is, since Chinese, Koreans and Japanese are closely related genetically.

Quote:
The point is that certain African and Asian groups outperform whites in Britain. Others do not.
And that point is not in dispute.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:18 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Firstly, I want to wish everyone a Happy Black History Month this year regardless of political beliefs. However, why is it even political in the first place? It is a month to celebrate important people and events in the African American community, who pioneered change and freedom for their community. Why are some people against honoring such a month to a group that has suffered so much oppression and violence in American history and nevertheless persevered.
I am already sick of it and it just started.

We have hispanic heritage month and its barely even mentioned.

Native Americans and Asians have a month, but no one even celebrates it. Why are we just celebrating black americans?

Old 02-04-2021, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Green mariner has hit the nail on the head. Besides resentment, hateful, ignorant, add misplaced jealousy, disgruntled envy to the list of short comings.
Definitely not

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Everyday is black history month.
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Black History Month, really who cares?I get a bit annoyed about all the commercials, both on t.v. and on Social Media Sites, especially after we keep seeing them day in and day out for a month. Kind of how i feel about election time. it gets a bit tiring after a while. i.e. it feels like too much spam of the same commercials over and over again.
That's what it is for me too, I can't even go to Amazon, hulu or Youtube without seeing something..meanwhile the months for Native Americans, Asians and Hispanics are largely ignored. All this is being pushed by whites in high CEO positions that have white guilt I guess.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Hardly. Jealousy! Really?
Of what exactly?
Exactly right? I guess jealous of playing a victim..they are really good at that.

I saw a youtube video and the comments from black americans were atrocious..everything from they were treated worse than Jews(as if!) to how they should exclude mixed race individuals. If a white person had said that, heads would have rolled.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:45 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Admit it?

No, of course all Asians don't outperform whites in Britain. Pakistanis certainly don't and they're the largest Asian group in that country. "Asian" is not really a meaningful way to group people. "East Asian" is, since Chinese, Koreans and Japanese are closely related genetically.

And that point is not in dispute.
It's a small pool of the best from Africa and other countries who don't represent their respective population averages against the vast British (white) population average. If you comparing the white British, you have to compare them to the larger categories of black and Asian. It's still not a totally fair comparison but you end up like always with whites in the middle.

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures....t#by-ethnicity

Old 02-04-2021, 03:29 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Because slavery is the reason Black Americans are here in the first place.
Keep harping on the past and there is no room for the future, we all need to what's best and try to move on. There is nothing wrong with being reminded of the past occasionally to prevent it from ever happening again. This is why I am against tearing down the confederate statues.

Old 02-04-2021, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
do you understand the context of what has happened in the United States? You enslave and oppress a group of people for centuries, then act shocked when they want to get in a metaphorical circle and celebrate themselves. I don't understand some of yall.

And why does this issue only come up with black people. I know the answer, but i just want to hear you all say it. Why aren't you all boycotting Chinatown? Why aren't you all boycotting Little Italy? Do you all boycot St. Patrick's day parades? I have not once ever heard anybody say "why do Chinese people need their own segregated area?" What about Koreatown in southern California? What about Little Havana in Miami? What about Greektown in Chicago? Are you all boycotting this stuff? But black people have a symbolic month that nobody is really forcing on you and it's a major problem? SMH
I will say one thing a little off subject, none of those areas you listed(emboldened) haven't anywhere near the crime rate that any black area anywhere has? Why is that? I'll be waiting for an answer.

Old 02-04-2021, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
when or where is black history month forced upon you? Are people forcing you at gun-point to acknowledge anything? And example are perfect because they are tangible places, they are better examples than a "month". And yes, conservatives very much care if a group of people get together and celebrate themselves...when it's black people. This thread is literally about why black people would celebrate themselves. I'll give you another example. There was a thread here about black harvard grads having their own ADDITIONAL private graduation after the official graduation. People are here were mad that black people got together and had their own private ceremony celebrating themselves. Don't play this game. People start crying if black people saying something about supporting black businesses. Calling it reverse-racism. LOL

nice try. Again, why aren't* you boycotting these other groups openly being "ethnic" and "excluding" others? I know the answer i'm just waiting to hear you say it.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-ceremony.html
Well, blacks fought long and hard for integration then turn around and do their own thing without including whites. I think most whites are waiting for blacks to make the real decision to actually integrate. You want all the goodies white society has to offer then you want your own things, not including whitey. Make your minds up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies