Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 08:49 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,381,719 times

Advertisements

The author of the OP link said it better than any of us could, I think. QUOTE, my italics:

"When you’re that big of a thorn in the left’s side, you can give all the money you want to sick children, it won’t matter. In fact, it’s likely good that Limbaugh donated that money under the term of anonymity because if he hadn’t, it’s likely the left would have come down on the hospital in some way over it."
[END QUOTE]

Of course, however, the above is opinion, and Limbaugh's generosity if just an example of one man -- but that being said, I do think the left is much more guilty of condemning someone because of their political affiliation than those on the right are. I see it every single day in which the "hate Republicans" outnumber the "hate Democrats" posts -- although, granted, it's close! I think conservatives come down on the liberal side of issue more than they do liberals in general, and I think the reverse is true for liberals, who tend to go more after their opponents personally, I think (with the notable exception of The Squad and Pelosi).

Last edited by katharsis; 02-19-2021 at 09:02 AM..

Old 02-19-2021, 08:50 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,580,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The difference is that studies have shown the Republicans are more generous than Democrats. I used an example to show how extremely cheap some of them can be.
If this makes you feel better about it, more power to you. Republicans tend to give more to religious organizations. If you want to count that as charitable, all you. Where that money goes....

Old 02-19-2021, 08:50 AM

2,082 posts, read 925,339 times
Whatever You May Think of Republicans, Don't Call Them 'Stingy'

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...gy_103479.html

Old 02-19-2021, 08:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If you google, the Repugs dish out more because of churches, tithing etc. But there are many Dems who go amongst the poor and give food and blankets, help at soup lines etc. because they are limited in resources themselves. Just as evil has not boundaries, love of the brethren is just as equal. My family and I are big tippers,,, we know the pain of making a dollar, especially now where many hours have been cut. A sole experience is not the majority -well\,except the wealthy hate everyone. So much for your friends.
Yeah, libs always bring up the church thing. “Yeah, they give more.... but it’s to CHURCH.”

What makes you think churches or other houses of worship don’t give to the poor? My synagogue has charity drives many times of year - some are geared to helping locally (like giving to food banks) and others are geared to National endeavors (like heart-saving operations for poor children throughout the world). The point is, Republicans on average give more than Democrats, on average, while it is the latter complaining that the former don’t care about those in need.

And Republicans donate their time also.

(What’s this “amongst” and “brethren” talk? Is there some subtle point in your use of this antiquated words?)

Old 02-19-2021, 08:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Republicans are more generous with their money (and their time). Democrats are generous with OPM.

I once went out to dinner with a leftist, and she insisted on sitting in the area that wasn’t open. She raised a ruckus, and they relented. That meant the waiter had to go out of his way to serve us. The entire meal, she was railing against how Republicans don’t want to help the working poor (knowing I’m Republican....these leftists can’t help themselves), and that we need to provide more for them - increase minimum wage, increase food stamps, raise the cap under which working poor qualify for subsidized housing, etc.)

Then the bill came. We had the same thing, and the tip (which I calculate on 20%) came to $4.40, and I said that I was going to round it up to $5 since he had to do extra to serve us. She said, rather haughtily, “why should I do that? He gets 15%.” She then whipped out a calculation card (a lawyer, so smart...earning well into the six figures, twice my earnings at the time) and said that 15% is $3.30. And that’s what she gave. She couldn’t even round up 70 lousy cents to make it $4.

Liberals are such hypocrites.
"You must spread around some reputation before giving some to Rachel976"

I think there are generous conservatives and generous liberals out there. I'm the former and you probably are as well. Then, as you say, there are plenty of liberals that are only generous with other people's money. And there are conservatives who won't help anyone.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
The difference is that studies have shown the Republicans are more generous than Democrats. I used an example to show how extremely cheap some of them can be.
Lets see those "studies."

Old 02-19-2021, 09:03 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Yeah, libs always bring up the church thing. “Yeah, they give more.... but it’s to CHURCH.”

What makes you think churches or other houses of worship don’t give to the poor? My synagogue has charity drives many times of year - some are geared to helping locally (like giving to food banks) and others are geared to National endeavors (like heart-saving operations for poor children throughout the world). The point is, Republicans on average give more than Democrats, on average, while it is the latter complaining that the former don’t care about those in need.

And Republicans donate their time also.

(What’s this “amongst” and “brethren” talk? Is there some subtle point in your use of this antiquated words?)
Why are you getting off point of how I word things? Yes, many churches give to others and have food banks etc. but many do not. What I said is the numbers are in favor because of tithing. Many give to the missions - or to foreign lands. As I stated, its 50/50 - some are givers, some are takers. I give a lot, my sister is cheapo.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:27 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
St Jude's is a great cause.

I donate more percentage wise of my income to them than Rush did. Where's my headline?!

You just gave yourself one.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:33 AM

628 posts, read 286,675 times
Quote:
No it’s not. I’m giving an example of how liberals are hypocrites. It backs up the studies that show they give less to charity (time and money) than conservatives.
Studies by whom? FOX News? Easy to throw around phrases like 'the studies show'. And you gave an example of how ONE liberal was a hypocrite - generalizations like this cheapen your argument, I'm betting there are many hypocritical conservatives as well.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:44 AM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Lets see those "studies."
There are none, just like I suspect there was no liberal lunchmate stiffing the waitstaff. Hallucinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies