Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 11:31 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It's a preposterous statement. Liberals feel guilt over everything. Even things that took place centuries ago that they had nothing to do with.
Yup. They feel guilty because some people not even related to them enslaved other people hundreds of years ago. As just one example.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:31 AM

17,641 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
My wife is very liberal. I tend to skew more conservative. We both tip well - 20-25% even for mediocre service, sometimes higher. Why? Because we both know that service jobs are hard and they don't pay well. Your whole rant is ridiculous.
It's not ridiculous because it has been studied and demonstrated that conservatives are more generous than liberals, statistically speaking.

That does not mean your wife isn't generous. It just means that most liberals are less generous than most conservatives.

Having spent a good amount of time working as a bartender and waiter, I can tell you that the studies line up with reality.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:36 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's not ridiculous because it has been studied and demonstrated that conservatives are more generous than liberals, statistically speaking.

That does not mean your wife isn't generous. It just means that most liberals are less generous than most conservatives.

Having spent a good amount of time working as a bartender and waiter, I can tell you that the studies line up with reality.
True. Republicans give more to charity than Democrats, and not just among the wealthy. Republicans give more across ALL income levels.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...gy_103479.html

Old 02-19-2021, 11:37 AM

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
And Hitler was pro-Animal rights.
Hitler found a dog in the trenches of WWI where he was a corporal.

He beat the dog regularly.

Can liberals NEVER find true statements to make?

Old 02-19-2021, 11:47 AM

579 posts, read 522,399 times
Wow conservatives really do have sticks firmly placed up their asses.

It's called a joke. A one liner. Badupump!

In reality as a liberal I am very careful who I give charity to in the sense of what organizations. Too many are set up to support the staff rather than the cause. If the percentage of funds is off they are not getting my money. I'm suspicious of professional non-profits. TRUMP FOUNDATION is a perfect example.

Actually St Jude is a good one. I can understand why Rush would be loathe to admit he gave money to a CATHOLIC charity. He didn't want to offend his FUNDIE fans. I love that money made from his so called Christian fans was used to fund a CATHOLIC charity. That's the Art of War stuff.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:50 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Doesn't absolve him of anything.
Rush Limbaugh has nothing that needs absolving, he was an exceptional individual and a pioneer

Old 02-19-2021, 11:50 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yeah, and do you also think that Cuomo is a vile human being? He didn’t merely “cause pain,” but caused DEATH - thousands of them - and then tried to cover it up. Or do you reserve your venom for conservatives? (Don’t answer....I already know.)

Liberals pick and choose who they forgive based on the letter, D or R, associated with them.
I don't believe I have ever commented on Cuomo. You must be confusing me with someone else. I don't live in NY. But of course you "already know".....everything.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:57 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
No it’s not. I’m giving an example of how liberals are hypocrites. It backs up the studies that show they give less to charity (time and money) than conservatives.
My union supporting liberal husband tips 20% and then rounds up to the next increment of 5 bucks for all.

If the service is especially good or difficult, it's more.

The person you had lunch with is not all the liberals.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:01 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRosencranz View Post
Wow conservatives really do have sticks firmly placed up their asses.

It's called a joke. A one liner. Badupump!
I love jokes. The thing that makes jokes funny, is that they ring true.

Now, sarcasm is the opposite. The thing that makes sarcasm funny, is that the content is false.

If you are saying that your statement was said in sarcasm, then yes, it is funny, and I just missed it.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:02 PM

768 posts, read 300,116 times
Quote:
No it’s not. I’m giving an example of how liberals are hypocrites. It backs up the studies that show they give less to charity (time and money) than conservatives.
You sure you want to throw around that word hypocrite? You seem to care a lot about charities which is certainly nice to hear and a good thing, but the guy you just voted for a few months ago had his charity shutdown because he used it as a slush fund. I just know that if I voted for Trump the last thing I would want to do is criticize another person for their charitable contributions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.