Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 12:05 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
You sure you want to throw around that word hypocrite? You seem to care a lot about charities which is certainly nice to hear and a good thing, but the guy you just voted for a few months ago had his charity shutdown because he used it as a slush fund. I just know that if I voted for Trump the last thing I would want to do is criticize another person for their charitable contributions.
I didn’t vote for him based on his charitable giving. I voted for him to prevent the roll-out of the radical left policies that will weaken America, and to keep Harris from ascending to the presidency.

Choices aren’t all black and white.

(And you have no standing to criticize Trump considering the way China Joe has enriched his family)

Old 02-19-2021, 12:12 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,668 times
if one is looking for "saintly" humans i suggest looking elsewhere than the subcategory of politicians or talk shows host

Old 02-19-2021, 12:12 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Sorry. Limbaugh being generous to charity doesn't at all negate the impacts of his bullying mysogyny, bigotry, racism and coarsening of national discourse.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:18 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Sorry. Limbaugh being generous to charity doesn't at all negate the impacts of his bullying mysogyny, bigotry, racism and coarsening of national discourse.

up until 1987 we had an FCC rule that regulated equal time between opposing points of view the conservatives abolished the "fair play" part...

the rule only applied to airwaves and not cable however it was that ruling which has led to the meanness we see today...if not rush then another would be be blamed

Old 02-19-2021, 12:23 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
up until 1987 we had an FCC rule that regulated equal time between opposing points of view the conservatives abolished the "fair play" part...

the rule only applied to airwaves and not cable however it was that ruling which has led to the meanness we see today...if not rush then another would be be blamed
It isn't an accident that Rush's rise to fame came after the abolishment of the Fairness Doctrine.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:24 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Since the left has changed the meanings of all these words, they have no meaning anymore. They can be applied to anyone. Even on the left, many are finding themselves ensnared in the same ridiculous net that they, themselves, have cast. Most Americans, Rush included, are decent people. We all have flaws. We all say things sometimes that aren't politically correct. I wish we could go back to saving our venom for the truly despicable people of the world, like Klansmen and neo-nazis, and leave everyone else alone to be the flawed humans that we are. This whole "woke" phenomenon is what is "coarsening national discourse".

Old 02-19-2021, 12:41 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Lets see those "studies."
There are dozens. I linked to one of them elsewhere on this thread. It’s been known for years that conservatives, on average, give more to charity than liberals. You act like you never heard this before.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:49 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Cant give anyone credit, can you? (Anyone who is an R, that is.) Robert Reich, a liberal who served as Labor Secretary under a D (I’m thinking probably Clinton), and always railing about providing more for the less fortunate, made $2 million one year in speaking fees. That same year, he donated his son’s drum set, and claimed a $700 deduction.

Again, libs are such hypocrites.
At least he didn't donate his used underwear and take a tax deduction for them as Clinton did.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:51 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,479,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRosencranz View Post
Actually St Jude is a good one. I can understand why Rush would be loathe to admit he gave money to a CATHOLIC charity. He didn't want to offend his FUNDIE fans. I love that money made from his so called Christian fans was used to fund a CATHOLIC charity. That's the Art of War stuff.
So he kept his donations private in order to pander to the intolerance of his audience? Now that's jaded. Partisanship really does warp the mind and give one a jaundiced perspective. You've given me something to ponder over a glass of whiskey this evening. Perhaps it's time to shift more of my attention towards one of my other hobbies. This one is not healthy for the mind.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:08 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
And Hitler was pro-Animal rights.

Doesn't absolve him of anything.
So Rush is akin to Hitler? GTFOH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies