Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 08:11 AM

2,082 posts, read 924,121 times

Advertisements

Interesting.....take notice Rush brashers

Rush Limbaugh Made a Whopping Charity Donation That Was Kept Completely Secret Until Now

Social media is full of horrid things said about the late conservative talk show giant Rush Limbaugh, but behind all the ugly claims and ignorant descriptions was a kind and charitable man who kept his charity secret. Now, after his passing, one of the stories of a massive donation he once gave has surfaced.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2...il-now-n328868

Old 02-19-2021, 08:15 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,862 times
And Hitler was pro-Animal rights.

Doesn't absolve him of anything.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:19 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
And I’ll bet it was anonymous in his list of tax deductions. Can you say estate planning?

Old 02-19-2021, 08:20 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,554,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting.....take notice Rush brashers

Rush Limbaugh Made a Whopping Charity Donation That Was Kept Completely Secret Until Now

Social media is full of horrid things said about the late conservative talk show giant Rush Limbaugh, but behind all the ugly claims and ignorant descriptions was a kind and charitable man who kept his charity secret. Now, after his passing, one of the stories of a massive donation he once gave has surfaced.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2...il-now-n328868
St Jude's is a great cause.

I donate more percentage wise of my income to them than Rush did. Where's my headline?!

Old 02-19-2021, 08:22 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,499,560 times
Republicans are more generous with their money (and their time). Democrats are generous with OPM.

I once went out to dinner with a leftist, and she insisted on sitting in the area that wasn’t open. She raised a ruckus, and they relented. That meant the waiter had to go out of his way to serve us. The entire meal, she was railing against how Republicans don’t want to help the working poor (knowing I’m Republican....these leftists can’t help themselves), and that we need to provide more for them - increase minimum wage, increase food stamps, raise the cap under which working poor qualify for subsidized housing, etc.)

Then the bill came. We had the same thing, and the tip (which I calculate on 20%) came to $4.40, and I said that I was going to round it up to $5 since he had to do extra to serve us. She said, rather haughtily, “why should I do that? He gets 15%.” She then whipped out a calculation card (a lawyer, so smart...earning well into the six figures, twice my earnings at the time) and said that 15% is $3.30. And that’s what she gave. She couldn’t even round up 70 lousy cents to make it $4.

Liberals are such hypocrites.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
And I’ll bet it was anonymous in his list of tax deductions. Can you say estate planning?
Cant give anyone credit, can you? (Anyone who is an R, that is.) Robert Reich, a liberal who served as Labor Secretary under a D (I’m thinking probably Clinton), and always railing about providing more for the less fortunate, made $2 million one year in speaking fees. That same year, he donated his son’s drum set, and claimed a $700 deduction.

Again, libs are such hypocrites.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:26 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,574,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Republicans are more generous with their money (and their time). Democrats are generous with OPM.

I once went out to dinner with a leftist, and she insisted on sitting in the area that wasn’t open. She raised a ruckus, and they relented. That meant the waiter had to go out of his way to serve us. The entire meal, she was railing against how Republicans don’t want to help the working poor (knowing I’m Republican....these leftists can’t help themselves), and that we need to provide more for them - increase minimum wage, increase food stamps, raise the cap under which working poor qualify for subsidized housing, etc.)

Then the bill came. We had the same thing, and the tip (which I calculate on 20%) came to $4.40, and I said that I was going to round it up to $5 since he had to do extra to serve us. She said, rather haughtily, “why should I do that? He gets 15%.” She then whipped out a calculation card (a lawyer, so smart) and said that 15% is $3.30. And that’s why she gave.

Liberals are such hypocrites.
My wife is very liberal. I tend to skew more conservative. We both tip well - 20-25% even for mediocre service, sometimes higher. Why? Because we both know that service jobs are hard and they don't pay well. Your whole rant is ridiculous.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:27 AM

24,473 posts, read 17,211,031 times
Rush meant a lot of millions of people and he was a charitable guy so we should leave it at that but of course the Left cannot.

The guy was on the air for 30+ years and in that time of course there would have been controversial statements and cringe worthy moments that when put under the Social Justice PC politics scrutiny microscope of 2020 are exploded to ridiculous levels of outrage.

I wonder how many people on this forum would be proud of things they did or said even a few months ago never mind over 30 years.

Rush was controversial but so is Howard Stern.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
My wife is very liberal. I tend to skew more conservative. We both tip well - 20-25% even for mediocre service, sometimes higher. Why? Because we both know that service jobs are hard and they don't pay well. Your whole rant is ridiculous.
No it’s not. I’m giving an example of how liberals are hypocrites. It backs up the studies that show they give less to charity (time and money) than conservatives.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:31 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Cant give anyone credit, can you? (Anyone who is an R, that is.) Robert Reich, a liberal who served as Labor Secretary under a D (I’m thinking probably Clinton), and always railing about providing more for the less fortunate, made $2 million one year in speaking fees. That same year, he donated his son’s drum set, and claimed a $700 deduction.

Again, libs are such hypocrites.
I think rush was a vile human being who caused pain and shame to many of my friends and family who had loved ones die of aids. Given the amount of tears that I shed with them, I give no credit to that horrible horrible person. 100k does no make up for it.
Reich has never caused anyone I know personally to feel so bad. It is personal with me.
And I have not seen the history of reich’s tax returns and don’t know the extent of his generosity. Maybe you can provide detail As you seem to know so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies