Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 11:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Black and Hispanic people think the police have committed even more violence against them during post George Floyd year one.

https://www.newsweek.com/68-black-am...-nears-1593921

I would bet that police have actually been more restrained in their encounters with "Black and Brown youths" in the past year but the media controls perceptions.
Bingo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 11:11 PM

727 posts, read 304,968 times
This guy should of been shot on the spot, incredible restraint LAPD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSpf8FRnTWU

Old 05-23-2021, 12:42 AM

2,400 posts, read 784,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Cool. So lets see. Where to start. So 2010 Census. % of us population that is black? 12.6%.

page 4:
https://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/...c2010br-02.pdf

And you are trotting out that 25% number like its something to be proud of? Really?

And 27 of them were 100% unarmed? And you're proud of this? Really?

I grant you the rare Greywar double DOHS!
Nothing like completely missing the point, almost certainly deliberately.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You obviously don't want the truth. You just want your biased beliefs rationalized.
it's not biased. It's what every single study says.

Quote:
I listed real studies with links them. These are not my numbers. Stanford University are not hacks. Data from 100 million traffic stops. You claim some NYC statistics without links, details of the data or anything or what time period they are from.
Again I already disproved your silly incomplete statements.

Quote:
You want a non biased opinion on the situation. You only need to look at reason.com. A libertarian point of view not tainted by the left wing and right wing rhetoric.

Racially Skewed Policing Is Not a Statistical Mirage

https://reason.com/2020/06/17/is-rac...stical-mirage/

One study after another has found that black drivers are much more likely than white drivers to be searched during routine traffic stops, and those searches are less likely to discover contraband. That suggests racial bias, conscious or not, plays a role in deciding who seems suspicious.
It's about consent and knowing the laws. Nothing to do with profiling and everything to do with blacks breaking the law at much higher rates than whites. Not that you care about the truth.

Blacks break laws at a much higher rate because lacks are not raised as well as other races. That is what happens when 70% of black children are raised in a single parent environment. Every single study known to mankind has proven this. But you go ahead and bring up a single data point like that's proof otherwise.

Quote:
In a 2016 speech, Tim Scott, the only black Republican in the Senate, explained what such disparities mean in practice, noting that he had been stopped by police seven times in a single year. "The vast majority of the time," he said, "I was pulled over for nothing more than driving a new car in the wrong neighborhood or some other reason just as trivial."
Your one data point is worthless.

You didn't respond to any point i made. Instead you deflected. So let me get this right, blacks break the law at much higher rates than whites but not when it comes to traffic offenses???? hahahahahaha

Old 05-24-2021, 04:06 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Nothing like completely missing the point, almost certainly deliberately.
The left purposefully lies about this topic to divide us.

Any simple understanding of statistics blows apart greywar's post.

Men commit more violent crime and resist arrest more than women. So a higher ratio of men are shot.

The same could be said about whites-Asians, blacks-Asians, young adults-old adults. The first mentioned I'm those groupings commit more violent crimes and resists arrest more, and shockingly only to someone with a low IQ gets therefore shot by police more.

Of all the groupings mentioned, the gap is smallest between blacks-whites. Are police racist in favor of Asians against whites?

Old 05-24-2021, 04:16 AM

4,910 posts, read 2,062,076 times
I know it’s not politically correct, but how many Law Enforcement Officers of all color were seriously assaulted and/or killed by Blacks in 2020, verse the number of Blacks that were shot by the police, of any color in the same year.

I’d venture to to say that Blacks assault and killed more cops than the cops shooting a Black person.

The Left hates the facts and if people simply comply with the orders of a LEO, less people, of all colors would not be shot by the police.

One of the main reasons why people are shot by the police is that many of them lack impulse control and often act in an impulsive manner... WITHOUT thinking about the possible impact of their actions.

Old 05-24-2021, 04:59 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Black and Hispanic people think the police have committed even more violence against them during post George Floyd year one.

https://www.newsweek.com/68-black-am...-nears-1593921

I would bet that police have actually been more restrained in their encounters with "Black and Brown youths" in the past year but the media controls perceptions.
Why isn't there a reliable national system to track killings & excessive use of force by law enforcement officials?

Quote:
"Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching," said the report by the U.N. Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent.

Most lynching victims died by hanging. A 2015 report by a non-profit organisation, the Equal Justice Initiative, said 3,959 black people were killed in "racial terror lynchings" in a dozen southern states between 1877 and 1950.

... Police killings go unpunished because initial investigations are usually conducted by the police department where the alleged perpetrator works, because prosecutors have wide discretion over presenting charges, and because the use of force is not subject to international standards, the experts' group said.
U.S. police killings reminiscent of lynching, U.N. group says

https://news.trust.org/item/20160923143028-6qzwp

Old 05-24-2021, 05:19 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Why isn't there a reliable national system to track killings & excessive use of force by law enforcement officials?

U.S. police killings reminiscent of lynching, U.N. group says

https://news.trust.org/item/20160923143028-6qzwp

How many black men have been killed by other black men?

Old 05-24-2021, 05:46 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
How many black men have been killed by other black men?
How many police departments are sharing this information? Why no reliable national system?

How many black people were lynched by other black people?

Old 05-24-2021, 05:54 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Given the incessant media hype, I guess it isn't surprising that Americans overestimate, by orders of magnitude, the number of unarmed black men killed by police.

22% of respondents calling themselves "very liberal" estimate the number at 10,000 or more.

The actual number is 27.

Also...

The actual figure is around 25%.

https://twitter.com/ZachG932/status/...d-black-men%2F
Liberals are the easiest to be manipulated by media. Fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies