Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2021, 07:15 AM

12,958 posts, read 13,673,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"
Chicago sees 51 homicides in January — highest in 4 years

The tally is a sharp increase from the 35 killings in the same month last year, according to Chicago Police Department statistics released Monday."

"Meanwhile, January also saw an increase in shooting incidents compared to the same month last year, police said. Chicago recorded 201 shootings through the end of the month, while January 2020 saw 137 shootings.
Over 240 people were shot in Chicago in January, while 158 shooting victims were reported during the same month last year, police said."

"The department also noted that nearly 900 guns were recovered in January, a 19% increase from January 2020, and 10 officers have been shot at since the start of the year, compared to four officers during the same month in 2020."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/2/1/22261431/chicago-murders-51-homicides-january-highest-four-years"

Where is BLM?

Where is the media?

Where is the outrage from the black community?
Why does the police and the court system keep releasing these animals back on the street in the black community? That's why black people can't rat them out because they wind up back on the street too soon. The data and the studies have been done in Chicago to show how many victims and perpetrators are repeat offenders. They know the solution but I guess its too inconvenient to treat these young black men as if they shot a white person in the white part of town.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 02-27-2021 at 07:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 08:17 AM

477 posts, read 336,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Sorry, but statistics or you suspicions do not justify assuming all black folks are criminals and treating them as such. We are all to be treated as individuals. Why is that so hard for some folks to understand?
If this is addressed to me, then I will repeat myself.
Neither I nor the statistics suggest that all black folks are criminals. Statistics just give us numbers.
If you don’t like this statistics you can call it whatever you like: bad statistics, wrong statistics, racist statistic...
Statistics are emotionless.

We are should be treated as individuals. I agree. Unfortunately, this is not always possible in the real world.
ALL young people are potentially considered group of risk (dangerous drivers) and pay high price for car insurance.

Why? Because of statistics, data, numbers.

Last edited by UAman; 02-27-2021 at 08:27 AM..

Old 02-27-2021, 03:40 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why does the police and the court system keep releasing these animals back on the street in the black community? That's why black people can't rat them out because they wind up back on the street too soon. The data and the studies have been done in Chicago to show how many victims and perpetrators are repeat offenders. They know the solution but I guess its too inconvenient to treat these young black men as if they shot a white person in the white part of town.

The hate in your post is so strong, I am literally weeping as I write this. Animals? I pray for your soul.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:28 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
"Why does the police and the court system keep releasing these animals back on the street in the black community?"

To be clear, the police do NOT release them.

Black mayors, black D.A's black city councilmen, etc, yet it is whiteys fault!

Old 02-28-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The hate in your post is so strong, I am literally weeping as I write this. Animals? I pray for your soul.
I grew up around young murderers. 13 or 14 at least by 17 they killed somebody. They really didn't care. One youthful murderer of about 13 or 14 killed his mother with an ice pick wrapped her body in trash bags and a sheet and dump her near the railroad track. He seemed like a nice kid in middle school though.

Just for the fun of it I searched the inmate records for a 12 year old kid who tried to kill me when I was 11. Yep he is 64 years old and in state custody for one reason or another. If you grew up having to fight for your life at 11 you would understand.

People who weep for me are always trying to help these poor young misguided angry black men. But those of us who grew up under the same circumstances but managed to avoid the pitfalls are of no interest to you. We are still angry but we got back by intellectualism, in·tel·lec·tu·al·ism :the exercise of the intellect at the expense of the emotions.

The answers to this perpetual social disgrace in black America called black on black crime is not in second chances and pretend rehabilitation of criminals' who know how to stroke your types. Those of us who are still angry but non violent have the answers but its not sexy to spend time with angry black men who are not violent criminals. Even the police like it. They get a rush from thinking they stuck their head in the mouth of a lion and lived to tell about it.

Old 02-28-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why does the police and the court system keep releasing these animals back on the street in the black community?"

To be clear, the police do NOT release them.

Black mayors, black D.A's black city councilmen, etc, yet it is whiteys fault!
Change gun laws and its all over for youthful murderers. I had a relative murdered with a stolen gun by someone who was just released that day. This was in a mostly white judicial system. I'm sure they thought he paid his dues to society and was ready for a second chance.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:29 AM
bu2

24,094 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
There were only 13 shooting deaths of unarmed blacks, according to the WaPo database. That 27 figure is for deaths "by all means", and it comes from Mapping Police Violence, a group that is high critical of police.
So the odds of an unarmed person being shot by police is basically the same as being struck by lightning.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:37 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
I grew up around young murderers. 13 or 14 at least by 17 they killed somebody. They really didn't care. One youthful murderer of about 13 or 14 killed his mother with an ice pick wrapped her body in trash bags and a sheet and dump her near the railroad track. He seemed like a nice kid in middle school though.

Just for the fun of it I searched the inmate records for a 12 year old kid who tried to kill me when I was 11. Yep he is 64 years old and in state custody for one reason or another. If you grew up having to fight for your life at 11 you would understand.

People who weep for me are always trying to help these poor young misguided angry black men. But those of us who grew up under the same circumstances but managed to avoid the pitfalls are of no interest to you. We are still angry but we got back by intellectualism, in·tel·lec·tu·al·ism :the exercise of the intellect at the expense of the emotions.

The answers to this perpetual social disgrace in black America called black on black crime is not in second chances and pretend rehabilitation of criminals' who know how to stroke your types. Those of us who are still angry but non violent have the answers but its not sexy to spend time with angry black men who are not violent criminals. Even the police like it. They get a rush from thinking they stuck their head in the mouth of a lion and lived to tell about it.

I admit that I didn't grow up in circumstances that were anything like yours and I can see why you have the perspective you have. I also realize that there are some truly evil people out there that simply can't be rehabilitated. I don't know you, but your previous posts belie what seems to be an underlying fear/hatred of Black men. As we all know, its very easy to miss nuance on internet message forums, so its possible I've judged you too harshly.

You say "those of us who grew up under the same circumstances but managed to avoid the pitfalls are of no interest to you." Not true. I have a friend who grew up in west Baltimore, near where the Freddie Gray situation took place. Through hard work and good parenting (by his mother - his father was not a part of his life) he has become very successful. Other than some anger towards his father, he doesn't seem angry about the young men he grew up with who ended up in jail or worse. While he acknowledges that he could have easily gone down the same path as many of them, he doesn't see them as victims, but simply as people who made bad choices. The fact that they grew up in circumstances where the right choices were difficult to make is not lost on him - he just doesn't accept that as an excuse. He also acknowledges police bias, but again, as a simple observation of fact, not something to get emotional about.

I was an LEO many years ago and always found that people of all colors generally would treat me with the same respect I afforded them. This applied to all races. I occasionally encountered people who were just angry, but not inherently bad. Others were just plain evil and there was nothing I could say or do to change that. Fast forward to today, and I am concerned that it appears that young people are being taught to be fearful of police and are routinely being fed misinformation (the so-called "slaughter" of Black men at the hands of police) that simply fuels this anger. This campaign of vilification against law enforcement is propagated via the mainstream media and "woke" liberal white people. Yes, there are things the Black community can do to help end Black-on-Black violence. However, with the media and liberal whites relentlessly stirring up anger, the Black community is fighting this battle on 2 fronts.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:39 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I agree that violent people that murder others are no better than animals and yes they need to be caged.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I agree that violent people that murder others are no better than animals and yes they need to be caged.
WHY are so many killing each other though?

I doubt these are just random acts of violence, just waking up one day, picking up a gun and planning to go out and kill someone...point is, there is some reason why they kill, what are those reasons?

In this case, I would say gang/drug dealing are probably the reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies