Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 06:10 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
From about 1850 to about 1920 we let in millions of uneducated, illiterate and unemployed people into the USA. And we turned out just fine.
It didn’t work out too well for the Native Americans however. That’s how it is now for us. People will always say the whole immigration thing worked out great but that isn’t exactly the case. It works out great for the people coming in. Not so much for those already there.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:10 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
30 million already in the US and millions more poised to enter the US.

The border is flooded with illegals due to Biden's idiotic open invitation. He has created a humanitarian crisis on the border.
Guess he doesn't care about poorer Blacks either because this will cause a huge jump in their unemployment as illegals take their jobs for less pay. But the "Moms" don't think about that nor any rational and obvious consequences.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:11 AM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
I tell you what James, let’s let them move in next to you. After all, you’ll be fine.
That poster hasn't a clue. Back then we needed manual laborers to build our nation, not so today. You can't compare our nation of a hundred or more years ago to the high tech nation we are today. Our population has grown immensely since then with high unemployment today and a scarcity of natural and social resources and high demands for welfare. Why can't they grasp that simple concept? Are they really that stupid?

At any rate, illegal immigration is unacceptable. Some legal immigration is ok just as long as they contribute and assimilate into our society and not taking jobs and resources from Americans. We should be very selective in who we allow into our country these days.

That poster needs to learn what ariable land space means and the carrying capacity of a nation is. It's not just about land space there are many other factors to consider to.

Last edited by Oldglory; 03-11-2021 at 06:19 AM..

Old 03-11-2021, 06:13 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That poster hasn't a clue. Back then we needed manual laborers to build our nation, not so today. You can't compare our nation of a hundred or more years ago to the high tech nation we are today. Our population has grown immensely since then with high unemployment today and a scarcity of natural and social resources and high demands for welfare. Why can't they grasp that simple concept? Are they really that stupid?
As I said above it also worked out very very badly for the people that were there before the immigrants came.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:16 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
It didn’t work out too well for the Native Americans however. That’s how it is now for us. People will always say the whole immigration thing worked out great but that isn’t exactly the case. It works out great for the people coming in. Not so much for those already there.
At least when the Native Americans realized they were getting screwed, they put up a fight.

We, on the other hand, are begging them to come and enticing them here with the promise of free (to them) health insurance.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:17 AM

29,510 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
From about 1850 to about 1920 we let in millions of uneducated, illiterate and unemployed people into the USA. And we turned out just fine.
Not exactly. They were first tested for any kinds of disease, then questioned on their skills and finances. And in some cases, many (up to 2%) were turned away for many other reasons. Criminals were also denied entry.

It seems like they were more selective of whom we were letting in, than we are now.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:18 AM

25,780 posts, read 12,849,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Especially Blacks, and those in the bottom 50%. They are being crushed by illegal immigration. Wages are being lowered, and Joe's Utopian minimum wage failed, so the bottom 50% will become slave labor under Democrat rule.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:27 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Only a fool thinks the current illegals are anything like the immigrants from 1900.

Educate yourself on the facts:

https://www.fairus.org/issue/legal-i...n-now-and-then

Old 03-11-2021, 06:32 AM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
In 2014, I rented a single wide in a mobile home park for a year before I bought my house.

I had a neighbor that I got to know. He was from El Salvador, on the temporary program ( I can't remember
what it was called). His English was not so good, but he tried. He was an amazing person. He mowed my lawn,
and he repaired the cheap lawnmower I gave him. He was as neat and clean as a pin. He washed and waxed
his car, he worked 40 hours a week for a lawn service and he cleaned the mobile home **** and span when he
was home. He was always quiet and polite. When the time came for me to move out, it was in the middle of
the blistering hot summer. He came over and he started helping me pack! He didn't ask me for a dime, he
just helped me and I was so grateful.

I invited his common law wife and he to visit when I moved. He installed all my new ceiling fans that I bought for the house.
He was an amazing electrician and he changed out all my light fixtures. He just impressed me with his work
ethic. This was now the late summer of 2015. He used to ask me why Trump hated Hispanics so much. I
felt so sorry when he said that, I could tell that he was dying to make a favorable impression on someone he
wanted to respect as president. He and his wife moved a few months later, out of state. His wife was a white
U.S. citizen, she told me that she went back to El Salvador to meet his family.

He told me that sometimes the guys at the lawn service would pass out and die from heat stroke in the summer.
He would have made an amazing citizen if he had the opportunity to do so. He was an incredible, capable person.
So in other words he was an illegal alien? Good work ethics does not excuse being in our country illegally. Most Americans have good work ethics to and not all "immigrants" do as you seem to be implying. We have immigration laws and they must be abided by. It's nonsense that there are jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. That's just and excuse to defend and support illegal aliens in our country. We have unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers to because it is not a career job for Americans and is only seasonal work. All other jobs Americans have always done and will continue to do but those are the jobs that illegals have taken by working for less. Educate yourself on this subject!

Old 03-11-2021, 06:44 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,311,555 times
Refugee cap is 125,000 per year and the cap is rarely met. Not sure why OP put the word "millions" in thread title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies