Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2021, 09:16 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
I don't care what was in his system. You don't kneel on someone's neck for 9 minutes.
I agree that doing so was wrong, but what was in his system was what killed him, not the knee....or at least not the knee directly. If Floyd doesn't take an overdose of Fentanyl while on meth, he's alive today.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:36 PM

13,755 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's what the science says happened.

He had 11 ng/ml worth of Fentanyl in his system, an amount typically found in postmortem autopsies of those who die of overdose AND he had meth in his system too.

When you combine a fatal amount of Fentanyl with a strong stimulant drug in a big guy who has an artery in his heart 90% blocked already you are just begging for a heart attack.

The physical exertion didn't help anything.

Again, I'm not saying the cop was right, I do think there's some kind of charge that he should face and be convicted of....it's just not murder. George Floyd essentially committed suicide by swallowing an overdose of drugs so that the cops wouldn't find them....it's not even the first time he's done it, but it was the last.

I agree. I searched to see what those who worked with Chauvin thought about him. He's a guy known to go 0-60 in short order. The complaints filed by the public against him suggests he was too aggressive. However, he's earned accommodations as a police officer as well.

After seeing a few video clips of the crowd it doesn't appear the officers were in any danger. True, Chauvin wasn't required to listen to the crowd but Floyd was handcuffed and on the ground.

And yes, maybe Floyd was already a goner. However, Chauvins actions were way out of line - gross negligence but he didn't murder Floyd.

Sorry but Floyd's behavior is what put the events that evening in motion. And Chauvin.... who had 19 years on the job didn't give a rats ass what Floyd or the crowd had to say.

So, Floyd is dead and Chauvin is likely going to prison. 10-15 max. He'll serve half or less.

Last edited by john3232; 04-06-2021 at 09:53 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 09:39 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
I agree that doing so was wrong, but what was in his system was what killed him, not the knee....or at least not the knee directly. If Floyd doesn't take an overdose of Fentanyl while on meth, he's alive today.
Then why was it wrong?

Old 04-06-2021, 09:41 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
I don't care what was in his system. You don't kneel on someone's neck for 9 minutes.
The police chief said it is unauthorized lethal force.

So you have a potentially lethal amount of drugs and use of lethal force at the same time, and 2 MEs who agree it was homicide despite the drugs.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:54 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So you are saying .... Floyd just happened to die of an overdose of fentanyl at the exact moment someone had him pinned to the ground with their knee on his neck for 7 minutes.
Do you even realize just how out of touch with reality that sounds?
Your silly scenario is what sounds "out of touch".

No, didn't "just happen" to die of an overdose.

I guess you didn't catch the witness saying that Floyd appeared to have something white in his mouth as the cops approached his car in front of Cup Foods, and that he didn't have it there late as they slipped the cuffs on.

Many have speculated it was some drugs he didn't want the cops to find, and eventually swallowed them to prevent the cops from getting them. Might have been many doses' worth, resulting in a sudden OD as the cops walked him over to the building in cuffs, made him sit down, and later walked him to the cop car.

By then the drugs may have been spreading through his system, and surprise surprise (at least to cop-hating liberals), he started going crazy for no discernable reason as the cops tried to put him in the cop car. Exhibiting superhuman strength (a symptom of a drug OD, as one of the police witnesses said today, as the suspect's pain sensors shut down) and fighting off THREE strong cops even with his hands cuffed behind his back. Kicking at them, writhing his way all the way through the back of the cop car and out the other side, where the cops realized it would take all three of them to sit on him and hold him down.

But that didn't occur to you?

Yes, "out of touch" describes what you said pretty well... since you asked.

Or were you just trying to pretend that a plausible explanation wasn't obvious?

Last edited by Roboteer; 04-06-2021 at 10:19 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Then why was it wrong?
I believe it was excessive force and a potentially dangerous method of restraining someone. The fact that he did those things alone should lead to charges, but Floyd died as a result of a drug overdose, so murder charges are not appropriate.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:22 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I guess you didn't catch the witness saying that Floyd appeared to have something white in his mouth as the cops approached his car in front of Cup Foods, and that he didn't have it there late as they slipped the cuffs on.

Many have speculated it was some drugs he didn't want the cops to find, and eventually swallowed them to prevent the cops from getting them. Might have been many doses' worth, resulting in a sudden OD as the cops walked him over to the building in cuffs, made him sit down, and later walked him to the cop car.

By then the drugs may have been spreading through his system, and surprise surprise (at least to cop-hating liberals), he started going crazy for no discernable reason as the cops tried to put him in the cop car. Exhibiting superhuman strength (a symptom of a drug OD as the suspect's pain sensors shut down) and fighting off THREE strong cops even with his hands cuffed behind his back. Kicking at them, writhing his way all the way through the back of the cop car and out the other side, where the cops realized it would take all three of them to sit on him and hold him down.
Except that in the time frame we're looking at, any drugs he ingested orally would not have had time to enter his system in time for his death. He was dead 16 minutes after the police showed up, so if he had not yet swallowed it until after police arrived, he would have had less than 16 minutes to absorb the drug into his system.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:35 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,718 times
Quote:
I believe it was excessive force and a potentially dangerous method of restraining someone. The fact that he did those things alone should lead to charges, but Floyd died as a result of a drug overdose, so murder charges are not appropriate.
In which autopsy report did the examiner write “the cause of death was an overdose of fentanyl and methamphetamine”? The list of co-existing conditions from the actual ME’s report also included COVID. Maybe you should round out your wild speculation with the cause of death as COVID-19. It will be just as believable as a fatal overdose theory.

In the meantime, the world sees a deranged PO kneeling on the back and neck of a victim who cried out for help, kneeled on him until he died.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Except that in the time frame we're looking at, any drugs he ingested orally would not have had time to enter his system in time for his death. He was dead 16 minutes after the police showed up, so if he had not yet swallowed it until after police arrived, he would have had less than 16 minutes to absorb the drug into his system.
That's approximately how much time it would take, plus we're not just talking about him only taking Fentanyl here, he took that while high on meth. Strong stimulants and strong depressants put a real toll on the heart....in his case, he had a heart that had a 90% blockage in an artery.....and he died of cardiopulmonary arrest.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
In which autopsy report did the examiner write “the cause of death was an overdose of fentanyl and methamphetamine”? The list of co-existing conditions from the actual ME’s report also included COVID. Maybe you should round out your wild speculation with the cause of death as COVID-19. It will be just as believable as a fatal overdose theory.

In the meantime, the world sees a deranged PO kneeling on the back and neck of a victim who cried out for help, kneeled on him until he died.
I'm not concerned with what was written as an opinion, I'm concerned with the facts.

The facts show that Floyd had a likely lethal dose of Fentanyl in his system....and it wasn't his first overdose while being arrested.

They could write down COVID-19 as the cause of death and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me. 11ng/ml of Fentanyl in your system is something that cannot be overlooked....and typically would outright be ruled the sole cause of death. There's quite a bit of politics involved in this case, and anyone involved with it has to be concerned about their lives and the lives of their families, so I fully understand why things have happened as they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies