Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 05:22 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

I watched as much of the video as I could stomach.

Chauvin's hands in his pockets while Floyd died is an image not easy to forget.

Old 04-07-2021, 05:28 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Went too far in restraining the guy?

I should say so.

Went all the way to murdering him in cold blood, in front of cops.
The testimony of the use of force experts yesterday revealed evidence regarding the actions, (& the failures to act) of Derek Chauvin & the 3 officers on May 25, 2020.

The offense of third-degree murder in Minnesota applies to those who cause death without intent “by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life.”

The legal question for the jury to decide:

Did Derek Michael Chauvin cause the death of George Floyd, without intent, by perpetrating an act dangerous to George Floyd, & without regard for human life?

Last edited by ChiGeekGuest; 04-07-2021 at 05:38 AM..

Old 04-07-2021, 05:29 AM

587 posts, read 563,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I watched as much of the video as I could stomach.

Chauvin's hands in his pockets while Floyd died is an image not easy to forget.
That is misinformation that has already been brought up in trial evidence, it just looks like he has his hands in his pockets because the color of the gloves matches his pants.

Old 04-07-2021, 05:44 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
That is misinformation that has already been brought up in trial evidence, it just looks like he has his hands in his pockets because the color of the gloves matches his pants.
Thanks for the information.

Old 04-07-2021, 06:10 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
While we're correcting misinformation, it's worth noting people who are having trouble breathing can speak, albeit only in short sentences, or words. For example, people who are choking struggle to breathe & sometimes can only point to their throat area while struggling to express to the people around them that they can't breathe. Very often the people around them understand because of the context of the situation. The person choking is eating, in a restaurant, & so on. People around them don't expect them to say, 'I can't breathe because I'm choking on the sandwich that I ate a few minutes ago. It was a peanut butter & jelly sandwich.'

Old 04-07-2021, 06:32 AM

513 posts, read 471,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
As I was reading the comments in this forum, including yours, I looked at the video. You mentioned pictures. Have you seen the video? The officer has his knee on the neck. Did he move his need during the time, yes he did. But, I saw his knee on the guy for a good while. People around were exhorting the officer to take the knee off his back. So, may have some validity, however, the officer did have his knee on the neck.

Previously, I only had seen excerpts of the incident from the news media only. I made sure to go and see part of the incident when the officer was on him.

What was truly upsetting was that the officer did not show ANY type of concern for the guy, zero. The people were telling him that the guy was not fighting it. Granted, he may have resisted in the initial state, but he was clearly subdued, and show no sign of scuffling to get free.

For a good while, the guy stopped talking and look unconscious. The people were asking the officer to check him out, and the officer show no care whatsoever.

At this point my empirical conclusion without many other specifics, I think he dies due to a combination of things, drugs and the officer's action may have aggravated the situation. He could have avoided the death of the guy by checking on him. He never did at all.

Now that I saw the scene without being edited, I believe we went too far in restraining the guy.

Keep this in mind, pictured captured an instant, the video captured minutes. The prosecution could have shown the instances when the officer moved his knee. However, to me, he kept his knee on the neck for a long time, even after the guy lost consciousness.
You have a great day.
elamigo
The defense showed pictures, the cop`s knee was on his shoulder blade, not on his neck

What I understand is the police camera showed the cop`s knee was on his shoulder blade, not on his neck, it was just another view of the witnesses different angle was on his neck .

Last edited by docyabut; 04-07-2021 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: add

Old 04-07-2021, 07:20 AM

6,564 posts, read 7,145,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This is very important. People who are not properly breathing can still express distress. Floyd pleaded for help, expressing medical distress. The officers’ initial response was to restrain him. After Floyd became unresponsive, and reported to be pulseless by PO Lane, Chauvin continued to kneel on the victim, refusing aid, refusing to even reposition the restrained, unconscious victim per MPD policy.

People who deny the fact that Chauvin played a very big hand in Floyd’s death need to look in the mirror and reassess their life.
Let this sink in, Floyd is the only reason everything happened.

Old 04-07-2021, 07:28 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
This trial is a sham...

All the fake weeping/sobbing...over a man not one of these people (if they were decent) would have let babysit their babies.

Quote:
This trial is a total sham, but the entire power of the state, the media, the left-wing shock troops and the country's finest legal talent is being deployed against Derek Chauvin.

In addition to Minnesota's top prosecutor, the state has hired Neal Katyal, former solicitor general of the United States -- an unheard-of maneuver in a case that doesn't involve some highly technical specialty, like antitrust. A slew of lawyers are working pro bono for the prosecutor -- also unheard of. The state has unlimited resources to pursue Chauvin.

Against this, Chauvin has one lone defense attorney, Eric "Atticus Finch" Nelson. The Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association's legal defense fund will put up to $1 million toward his defense, and Nelson can talk to the other rotating attorneys whom the fund employs. But unless they're working pro bono, too, $1 million runs out pretty fast.

Old 04-07-2021, 07:29 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
But the 11 nanograms per milliliter of fentanyl is rather important, inasmuch as the chief medical examiner called this "a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances," saying, "deaths have been certified with levels of 3."

Three. But George Floyd went up to 11.

Naturally, Baker was quick to add, "I am not saying this killed him." Please don't throw me to the woke gods! Leave me to my test tubes! (And you thought lawyers were craven.)
Derek Chauvin, Human Sacrifice

Old 04-07-2021, 07:35 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
The autopsy results found no bruising around the neck of Floyd, that would have caused his death.His death was not a homicide, but a overdose of the metabolites , fentanyl, drugs that he hid in his mouth.
If so, why was he alive and moving around fine until a cop started crushing his neck? You actually expect people to believe the cop had nothing to do with his death? Do you sell bridges over the Hudson to people as a profession?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies