Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 01:36 PM

513 posts, read 471,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
If that was the case then let's examine:
Average time to absorbtion from stomach of a substance averages 30-45 min. Then is starts to have an effect but minor with an estimated time to peak at 1.5 hours.

You theory would only work if the altercation took more than an hour from the time the police arrived to when he was dead. in addition there would be enough pill matter or peices to see on autopsy as check stomach contents when drugs is su
supected is standard protocol.

Again post mortem results are not accurate so you need more than that to say is was OD related. It's the prosecution job to explain so we will see what they do but the science does not back using post mortem levels alone.

By all accounts there was not enough time for what you propose to have actually happened.

Floyd took those drugs he put in his mouth ,a moment when he saw the police coming to his car. His airway was not blocked,

I was trying to say Floyd took the drugs that killed him and his airway was not blocked by the police, he was still breathing when the ambulance came.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
Floyd took those drugs he put in his mouth ,a moment when he saw the police coming to his car. His airway was not blocked,

I was trying to say Floyd took the drugs that killed him and his airway was not blocked by the police, he was still breathing when the ambulance came.
Floyd was NOT breathing when the ambulance arrived.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:40 PM

587 posts, read 563,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Looks like he’s pleading the 5th and won’t testify.

https://www.fox9.com/news/passenger-...HLKMm0EVZfxRUQ

Edited to add: CourtTV just indicated that it is Shawanda Hill that will be testifying to the fact that Floyd was falling asleep.

Crime Watch Minneapolis is reporting that Morries Hall has been in the Hennepin County Jail since March 16 on charges of Violate No Contact Order, Domestic Assault by Strangulation and another felony warrant. They posted a public record on Twitter... their Twitter handle is @CrimeWatchMpls

Old 04-02-2021, 01:44 PM

728 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Of course I get it. I'd rather concentrate on the real life trial though, and hope that the jury makes the right decision.

The jury's decision is already written on the wall. We are a nation of cowards. Hanging one man to appease the crowds is due process.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:45 PM

587 posts, read 563,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post

The paramedic Derek Smith testified yesterday that Floyd was not breathing upon his arrival. His quote, if I remember correctly...“in layman’s term, he was dead”.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:51 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Let's put it this way. The individuals were most normal in an abnormal situation. How many times have normal cops put a handcuffed person in a cop car and could not stop him from wriggling out like a five-year old struggling with his mom?
No idea how that has anything to do with the comment you quoted... The comment was to a poster who thinks he some Jack Reacher and medical doctor that can take on 4 armed police officers to save Floyd's life and wondering why no one else did the same.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:52 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
The jury's decision is already written on the wall. We are a nation of cowards. Hanging one man to appease the crowds is due process.
I choose to think of it as justice being served.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
We all are the jury here as far as this conversation is concerned. If we all here put it to a vote among ourselves, just one vote against you is enough to free Chauvin. Get it?
There are people on here that think the world is flat. When you expand the "jury" to 100s if not 1000s of individual its a no brainer you will always get at least 1 person that votes otherwise. It doesn't really carry much weight. And that poster is right. We are not among the Jury of the Chauvin trial.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:57 PM

728 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I choose to think of it as justice being served.

That's conventional notion of justice. This is why everybody bear arms and nations have nuclear weapons.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If the standard for convicting Chauvin was 'could' the action he took kill someone, the trial would be over in 10 minutes. Guilty. The question is did his action kill Floyd, beyond a reasonable doubt.
I believe the bolded part is not required for 2nd degree Manslaughter which is among the charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies