Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 08:16 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,561,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Its a very common tactic - play dead to buy some freedom. The officer may have seen that tactic many times.....and ignored it this time, unaware that Floyd was really dead. I probably would have done the same, if I'd been fooled by the act before....
No pulse is a BIG CLUE.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:17 AM

728 posts, read 304,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Good points. The question is, did they know he was an "alligator?" Based on your logic, everybody that is detained should have his or her neck against the ground because of the possible "alligator" threat.

The prior history of the guy, from what I can see was not known to the officers. The took him, he did some initial resisting, BUT once he was on the ground, his body language and tone of voice did not reflect aggressiveness. Yet, he was kept in this position for too long in my opinion. The officer did not show any intent to at least check on this guy. The rookie cop had more common sense when he suggested to move him to his side.
You have a great day.
elamigo

An alligator is an animal that is fearsome if you are caught in a situation physically wrestling with it. Have you ever been in a place like Cup Foods or McDonalds standing next to a big guy whose stare alone can wilt you? I am a coward, and this why I avoid eye contact with fearsome animals let alone have its neck on the ground with my knee on its neck.

Cowards should not question how fearsome animals are taken down by those who deal with them to keep the world safe for cowards so they can have a great day every day.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times
Quote:
One thing is for sure there was no intent to kill, because why would a police officer intend to kill someone when he's surrounded by witnesses? Also, when a dishonest man says he can't breathe, is there reason to believe him? Both of these logical explanations should at least create tremendous doubt.....if the jury is being intellectually honest.
In that case, Chauvin should be charged for being dumber than the law allows.

I think that Chauvin has an ego problem that makes him do things that reasonable people would not do. There is a reason Chauvin's wife took two days after Chauvin was in jail and it was safe for her to do so.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:22 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,941,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I agree. It was ironic that the prosecution was encouraging the jury not to use the evidence and to rely on the viral video to make their decision. I doubt they would say this if the evidence was in their favor.
If that was a correct assessment of the prosecution's case, why did they bother providing the jury with the testimony of witnesses, & supporting evidence?

Quote:
What if Floyd was pretending? Very reasonable assumption for the officer to make. Playing dead is a very common tactic.
Then we are all in for it from police!

Is that a precedent you want set for police in the US? "Police can kill the alleged suspect because they cannot tell if the alleged offender is still alive or not."

Does that make sense to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
When I am precepting anesthesia residents in a clinical environment, I must quickly identify when a resident does not understand what is going on with the patient during surgery or does not know how to correctly perform a procedure. Otherwise, it can quickly become a safety issue.

Good luck with your studies.

After watching the testimonies of medical experts in this trial, I have had my fill of these bozos. They can be as crooked as any lowlife you find in the underbelly of America.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Its a very common tactic - play dead to buy some freedom. The officer may have seen that tactic many times.....and ignored it this time, unaware that Floyd was really dead. I probably would have done the same, if I'd been fooled by the act before....
Chauvin could have handled it differently.

1) call his supervisor for advice and assist

2) get a larger vehicle to transport Floyd to the precinct.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:29 AM

8,961 posts, read 2,568,936 times
Quote:
Chauvin could have handled it differently.

1) call his supervisor for advice and assist

2) get a larger vehicle to transport Floyd to the precinct.
And in either situation, Floyd is just as dead because none of that takes the drugs that killed him out of his system.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Then we are all in for it from police!

Is that a precedent you want set for police in the US? "Police can kill the alleged suspect because they cannot tell if the alleged offender is still alive or not."

Does that make sense to you?

What make sense to me is to give the benefit of the doubt to the police than to drug-addicted felons released from jail for armed robbery and driving around in a Mercedes.

Nothing makes sense to you if you are stuffed with feel good ideologies and don't have street smarts.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:31 AM

8,961 posts, read 2,568,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
What make sense to me is to give the benefit of the doubt to the police than to drug-addicted felons released from jail for armed robbery and driving around in a Mercedes.

Nothing makes sense to you if you don't have street smarts.
I mean, you ARE talking to the brilliant person who suggested that Floyd couldn't have had a heart attack because the Fentanyl in his system would have protected his heart....

So I'm not sure if that person has ANY kind of "smarts"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies