Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 09:45 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Or maybe they can just quit instead, since by doing as you suggest they would be showing that they have no interest in doing their jobs properly.
But what if the system isn't allowing them to do their jobs properly or due to an unrealistic expectation it is putting their lives in danger needlessly?

I wouldn't even consider being a cop in places like NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, etc. You have to be a masochist to be a cop in a blue state, blue city.

Old 04-21-2021, 09:50 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
That must suck. Kind of like being suspected/blamed for crimes I didn’t commit, just because of the color of my skin.
“Suspected”?

The shooting was on videos

Old 04-21-2021, 09:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Bus man did, when he asked me how well I would do if I was in their shoes. The insinuation is that cops screw up because they are being recorded by angry mobs.
That’s a valid question by him.

So why not become a cop and change the game for the better?

Old 04-21-2021, 09:52 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
That must suck. Kind of like being suspected/blamed for crimes I didn’t commit, just because of the color of my skin.
Btw, since when a suspect of a crime also puts his family in great danger like what Lebron James did to that cop?

That cop SAVED A LIFE of someone he doesn’t even know and all he got for thank you is a big target on him and HIS FAMILY because of an overpaid moron athlete?

Old 04-21-2021, 09:55 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times
When I got hired by the NYPD I was assigned to the ghetto. Most of us were. There was no choice. It is what it is.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:00 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
That way no white cop will have to do his duty and shoot a black criminal. The problem is solved.

The problem is, black cops prefer to police white or Asian neighborhoods. All cops prefer policing nice, safe neighborhoods.

If black cops were stuck policing the 'hood, with no chance of ever being transferred to safe, cushy neighborhoods, they'd complain about job discrimination.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:03 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Btw, since when a suspect of a crime also puts his family in great danger like what Lebron James did to that cop?

That cop SAVED A LIFE of someone he doesn’t even know and all he got for thank you is a big target on him and HIS FAMILY because of an overpaid moron athlete?

He's lucky he didn't save a white girl. If he had shot a black girl to protect a white girl, we'd have full scale riots by now, with increased pressure to prosecute him.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:48 PM

296 posts, read 246,529 times
If policing is supposed to be community service, then cops should only police the community where they live. They shouldn't commute to other communities to do police work. To some extent, that's how it is in LA. If you're in a Latino area, the cops are usually Latino. White areas usually have white cops and black areas usually have black cops.

I noticed that some parts of the U.S. have a different police setup. I've seen places that are mostly black, but have an all white police force. These cops probably live in all white neighborhoods, and never interact with black people outside of police work. That's a recipe for disaster.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:50 PM

795 posts, read 408,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Better yet, let social workers handle the situation and the cops can come in after to write the report/s.
You think big bad gangbanger black dude with an arsenal of illegal weapons and a mountain of pot and coke to deal is going to just sit down and have a nice calm chat with a social worker over a cup of tea? Seriously? Think he is going to pause before blowing the brains out the back of his rivals head to have a comfy chat about his feelings? How the hell do you idiots honestly think social workers are going to even survive entering the building of a violent thug? I seriously don’t get it.

Old 04-22-2021, 12:03 AM

4,910 posts, read 2,060,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
The problem is, black cops prefer to police white or Asian neighborhoods. All cops prefer policing nice, safe neighborhoods.

If black cops were stuck policing the 'hood, with no chance of ever being transferred to safe, cushy neighborhoods, they'd complain about job discrimination.
So true!!

I can’t understand why the Left is tying to turn the clock back to the 1920s with all this BS about segregation of the races again.

The country is in some serious trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies