Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 04:01 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Whether from black, white or other neighborhoods, police don't need to respond to reports of fights. Let them settle their disputes on their own.

Fights often escalate to clubs, knives, and guns. Fights are a police matter.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:08 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalens View Post
Cops prefer high income areas because the crime rate is lower, which makes the job easier. I doubt black cops care about being in an Asian or white neighborhood specifically. I think they mainly care about the income level of the neighborhood they serve.
former deputy with LASD here.

You do realize special teams (gang or narc task force/suppression/unit/bureau) within LAPD or LASD or any police agency is actually a PROMOTION and cops have to COMPETE to get in, right? Those guys often spend most of their time in low-income gang-infested area to do their thing. If cops "prefer" low crime area to make their job easier, then why are they rushing in and competing for special teams like that?

But please do tell us about your vast LE experience

Old 04-22-2021, 04:10 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
It doesn't even matter what the race of the cop is who is involved in using "excessive force" in a situation where the perp is resisting arrest or not following orders... the media will spin the narrative to be anti-cop no matter what and hide the race of the cop if he's black, implying that they are not.

I wouldn't be a cop for what they make per hour, which is less than what I make. $20/hour is hardly a living wage these days with asset inflation driving up the cost of everything. Eventually people are going to figure this out and demand raises or quit. Thanks Federal Reserve.

I think if people could spend a day in a cop's shoes they'd realize why cops often lose it after a few years on the job, with the treatment they receive from the general public combined with in what my opinion is substandard pay.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:15 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Urban areas don't even need to be policed. Everyone knows that it is just propaganda that these places are any more dangerous than a typical suburb. This is where the reimagine policing originates from. Social workers mental health experts are really what is needed. But then the paradoxes who's going to enforce all the regulations that the legislature constantly turns out? That is why I think we need a separate police force. Enforce regulations and the other to say come on let's talk this out on the couch.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:18 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
White cops should refuse to patrol predominately black areas
That way no white cop will have to do his duty and shoot a black criminal. The problem is solved.
Clearly this is in response to the recent Chauvin trial where a police officer was held accountable for killing a citizen during an arrest for a non-violent misdemeanor alleged offense.

So what you learned from this American tragedy is a police officer's duty is to shoot black people when arresting them for a non-violent crime? Your white superiority and total ignorance of policing is showing. And it is totally out of line with the thinking and sworn duty of the thousands and thousands of hard working, dedicated and law abiding police who do protect and serve the American people.

“The officers knew what was happening — one intentionally caused it, and the others failed to prevent it,” Chief Arradondo said during his trial testimony. This Minneapolis police chief also reminded the courtroom, and everyone watching the world over, that police officers have a duty to care even when arresting someone.

If officers, including the chief of police, are saying that what Chauvin did was wrong — swearing under oath that it was wrong — it only adds to what civil rights activists and justice movements have been saying all along: Holding bad officers accountable is the only way that we begin to reform policing.

We must, in these United States, beyond the case of Floyd, start examining accountability, criminal justice and much needed police reform. We can't keep finding ourselves here, fighting for justice in the death of another unarmed citizen who never should have died at the hands of an institution sworn to protect and serve.

And dumb threads, such as this one, clearly are meant to increase racial tensions & problems rather than be a part of any solution & meaningful much needed criminal justice and policing reform, that will benefit all Americans regardless of their skin color or political affiliation.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-22-2021 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 04-22-2021, 04:18 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Whether from black, white or other neighborhoods, police don't need to respond to reports of fights. Let them settle their disputes on their own.
So people can get beaten to death or a weapon gets introduced to the fight.

Guess that’s not a police matter.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:19 AM

364 posts, read 121,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Bus man did, when he asked me how well I would do if I was in their shoes. The insinuation is that cops screw up because they are being recorded by angry mobs.
40 million plus police interactions in any given year and less than 20 unarmed black people shot by police. In almost every case, as a result of not complying, having another weapon or reaching for something, yet, here we are, demonizing the entire policing system.
It's time to stand up to this nonsense. Don't be afraid to speak the truth.
This isn't a disclaimer, because I believe cops do a great job as a whole, but where there needs to be additional training, I'm all for it. But, don't tell me a dog is a cat and expect me to believe it.
Stop trying to destroy the greatest country in the world's existence. Instead, just leave.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:51 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
And if they'd done so here, we'd have at least one person stabbed to death. Lot to be said for letting the violent neighborhoods kill each other off. Helps the gene pool, right?

Old 04-22-2021, 05:00 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Clearly this is in response to the recent Chauvin trial where a police officer was held accountable for killing a citizen during an arrest for a non-violent misdemeanor alleged offense.

So what you learned from this American tragedy is a police officer's duty is to shoot black people when arresting them for a non-violent crime? Your white superiority and total ignorance of policing is showing. And it is totally out of line with the thinking and sworn duty of the thousands and thousands of hard working, dedicated and law abiding police who do protect and serve the American people.

“The officers knew what was happening — one intentionally caused it, and the others failed to prevent it,” Chief Arradondo said during his trial testimony. This Minneapolis police chief also reminded the courtroom, and everyone watching the world over, that police officers have a duty to care even when arresting someone.

If officers, including the chief of police, are saying that what Chauvin did was wrong — swearing under oath that it was wrong — it only adds to what civil rights activists and justice movements have been saying all along: Holding bad officers accountable is the only way that we begin to reform policing.

We must, in these United States, beyond the case of Floyd, start examining accountability, criminal justice and much needed police reform. We can't keep finding ourselves here, fighting for justice in the death of another unarmed citizen who never should have died at the hands of an institution sworn to protect and serve.

And dumb threads, such as this one, clearly are meant to increase racial tensions & problems rather than be a part of any solution & meaningful much needed criminal justice and policing reform, that will benefit all Americans regardless of their skin color or political affiliation.
I took it to be a comment on the shooting of the black girl attempting to murder another black girl before the white officer stopped the murder.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:02 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
But lots of white couples get into violent disputes and don't appreciate intervention from the police.
And???

I think any white women about to have a knife plunged into her neck would be happy to have the police intervene. Don't you.

If the dead criminal didn't want the Cops to come, perhaps she shouldn't have asked them to swing by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies