Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 08:24 AM

8,608 posts, read 10,137,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
One should feel bad for the Hotel Worker, but in reality - he needs to seek mental help.

Can you imagine, if a child was standing there and saw that person - whacking himself like that?

I hope the money in the Gomefund, gets The Hotel Worker help. He needs it and the Person recording it, F Off for posting the Video, What a scumbag.
In reality, many individuals on the spectrum or with mental illnesses do seek help and still are able to function in society - compare that to lazy losers who choose not to make something better of themselves. In a better world, people would learn to treat others with respect and not push buttons that could result in what happened to this young man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 08:24 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
One should feel bad for the Hotel Worker, but in reality - he needs to seek mental help.

Can you imagine, if a child was standing there and saw that person - whacking himself like that?

I hope the money in the Gomefund, gets The Hotel Worker help. He needs it and the Person recording it, F Off for posting the Video, What a scumbag.
The clerk has said he has BPD so he is probably under treatment. From the little I know, that is a tricky illness to treat fully.

One thing I wonder, was no one else working at the hotel at the time? I wonder if it was during the overnight shift.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:27 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
In reality, many individuals on the spectrum or with mental illnesses do seek help and still are able to function in society. In a better world, people would learn to treat others with respect and not push buttons that could result in what happened to this young man.
Agree 1000%.

We need more compassion.

The guy who posted this video framed it as the white clerk couldn’t handle the scolding from the black customer.

It is the white clerk who is disadvantaged.

Not everything is about skin color.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:29 AM

19,799 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Yes, race baiters are NOT nice people.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:35 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
He does need to find another line of work. Now that he has $35,000, he should take the opportunity to learn a skill for an industry that doesn't involve working with the public. That's enough money to get by and go to school, depending on where he lives.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:59 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Yes, I am blaming the victim. he has a mental illness, his illness causes such reactions when confronted with such stupidity. Customer service is full of such stupidity. He is in an industry that exposes himself to episodes of his mental illness.

He needs to leave the customer service industry.

That is reality.

You all think this is like some unique event or something? This stuff happens every day, for decades. My short time in customer service, I had blacks that would come in and say about every degrading thing to me they possibly could, and you just have to stand there and take it or be fired. It is part of customer service.

I hate it, I left the industry because I just hate customers, they are morons.

Just imagine someone that had mental issues being a cop, and first reaction is to beat the hell or shoot someone they were apprehending; should that person be a cop? Of course not. That is not victim blaming, that is reality.
With their disability there are not always tons of job options to choose from.

The guy in question was not just a rude customer, they're intentionally as awful as possible...just dismissing this as *normal* is sad.

If you don't mind sharing, were you phone customer service or were you working something like fast food in a crappy part of town etc?

Old 04-28-2021, 09:06 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Looks like harassment and hate crime to me. There are tons of these idiots on the internet who film themselves being horrible to retail clerks thinking people will side with them and they can then "call corporate" and get something for free. In reality, they just make themselves look like the jerks they are.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 04-28-2021, 09:10 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
In that clerks position, I would have simply given the jerk the middle finger and walked off saying, "I'm not being paid enough to deal with a douchebag like you."

Old 04-28-2021, 09:19 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
You need to be strong to deal with the public. I do at my second job.

If you start even half nice with a halfway reasonable request I will do all I can to frame your request to get the approvals you desire.
If you start nice but are out of your mind with your request, I will simply get a manager to tell you no.
If you are a &*%^! I will frame your request in the worst possible light and always seek out managers who always say no.

And I will have the same demeanor in all 3.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:28 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Interesting guy.

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I will let him speak for himself.

Edit: How do I see the replies on Twitter? Not a regular user.

Last edited by ottomobeale; 04-28-2021 at 09:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies