Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 09:05 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I'm so tired of this millennial crap: triggering. Be a man, do your job. He doesn't seem to be so off to me he cannot control his actions. To me, he looks like he has been babied his whole life. This kind of thing wasn't around 20-30 years ago, while you millennials were eating ice cream and jumping on trampolines. This is what happens when parents stop beating their kids.
Mental illness has always been with us. It is not a result of parenting. It is not a lack of self control. It is not about being “a man”.

It is a brain based illness. It is the same as something like ALS. I mean, if people with ALS could just control themselves, right? Maybe if people with stage 4 cancer tried harder, they wouldn’t die.

You probably know people IRL who struggle with mental illness. They may self-harm, or self-medicate. They might have other addictions or ways they try to cope. Unfortunately, they live in shame and fear and despondency because of judgmental attitudes like yours and an overall lack of support and compassion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 09:09 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Mental illness has always been with us. It is not a result of parenting. It is not a lack of self control. It is not about being “a man”.

It is a brain based illness. It is the same as something like ALS. I mean, if people with ALS could just control themselves, right? Maybe if people with stage 4 cancer tried harder, they wouldn’t die.

You probably know people IRL who struggle with mental illness. They may self-harm, or self-medicate. They might have other addictions or ways they try to cope. Unfortunately, they live in shame and fear and despondency because of judgmental attitudes like yours and an overall lack of support and compassion.
I never knew anyone like that kid growing up. Now it seems everyone has a mental illness. It's trendy I guess. Hey, if I knew it'd give me a cool 120k, I'd have a mental illness too.

A lot of these things are due to parenting. When I was a kid, and I would throw a fit, my father would beat me until I never thought to do a fit again. And I don't mean spanking, I mean a proper beating.

I bet this kid was throwing fits like this and getting away with it. Well good for him I guess, he got 120k for it. Must be smarter than me.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:16 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
Quote:
I never knew anyone like that kid growing up. Now it seems everyone has a mental illness. It's trendy I guess. Hey, if I knew it'd give me a cool 120k, I'd have a mental illness too.

A lot of these things are due to parenting. When I was a kid, and I would throw a fit, my father would beat me until I never thought to do a fit again. And I don't mean spanking, I mean a proper beating.

I bet this kid was throwing fits like this and getting away with it. Well good for him I guess, he got 120k for it. Must be smarter than me.

lol - your words, not mine

Old 04-29-2021, 09:22 AM

654 posts, read 527,800 times
Now we know the pecking order of identity politics.

Able bodied black race baiters.
Disabled lgbt white males

Old 04-29-2021, 09:34 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
Quote:

I struggled with mental illness for years. So I know what it's like. And even with that being part of my past, I still don't think he conducted himself in the right way. We can't use people's mental disorder as an excuse. If his mental disorder is this bad, he should not be doing this job. Like I said earlier in this post. When I was 16 I worked as a cashier in a grocery store. Customers said insanely mean things to me. And I eventually couldn't hold it together. Results? I quickly realize that I needed to work non-customer service jobs. In over 25 years I have never worked a customer service job.

I'm not saying the guy should be working. But he's clearly in the wrong job

Old 04-29-2021, 09:41 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:

It’s not a fit.

It is self harm.

A fit would be hurting everything around him. He is hurting himself.

Sorry, I cannot advocate beating anyone.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:03 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:
Yeah, millennial crap. You say that around me, or people my age, we'd laugh in your face. Oh now, he shoulda stopped because the kid said he a mental issue? F, public schools really changed. A nation of victims. Black people are all discriminated against, trannies, and now every white kid is either bicurious, or has some mental illness.

And I'd laugh right back at you and your "friends." LOL you don't know me at all so don't lump me into your ridiculous category.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:04 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:

Wow...what a tough guy you are! My Dad used to whoop my ass too. The only difference is that I'm not walking around projecting my issues onto everything else like you are.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
It’s not a fit.

It is self harm.

A fit would be hurting everything around him. He is hurting himself.

Sorry, I cannot advocate beating anyone.
Let's not pretend, he didn't hit himself all that hard. No real pain. He wanted real pain, he could have hit that guy, and see what would happen to him. When people throw fits like that, it's a weird form of attention seeking. Like when a toddler cries.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
And I'd laugh right back at you and your "friends." LOL you don't know me at all so don't lump me into your ridiculous category.
I forgot all millennials were special snowflakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies