Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 09:27 PM

4,910 posts, read 2,060,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, someone with such a mental illness probably should not be in a customer service position like this.

Customers are rude, they do try to bait you, this has been going on since forever it seems, but at least since I moved to the US 30 years ago and among my first jobs was working customer service.

I do not have a mental illness, but understood quickly customer service is not for me.

Well, at least that young man tried working and making a living since businesses today can’t find enough people to work those at or slightly above minimum wage jobs. It’s not a shock, but people make more on unemployment these days... So, why work in their minds. I’m sure customer service isn’t a good fit for this young man, but businesses have use that they have. Plus, it looks like he was working the Grave Shift because of his condition.

Being half Black, I find this act very sad and very demeaning to another human being. The @zzhole with the camera is a sorry excuse for a man and “I” hope that the next time trouble catches up with him, the only assistance given to him is somebody videoing him being a victim of a violent crime...And post the video of him getting his @zz whipped on the internet so we can laugh at him!!

Karma is a “beech” and he needs a double dose of it for what he did to this person.

What decent human would purposely “trigger” a mentally challenged person and video it?

If Holiday Inn pays this “beech” a penny, I’ll NEVER step foot into one of their businesses again!!

I know it’s not right, but I’m truly hoping this waste of a human life gets a taste of the pain he has caused this person and soon.

Sorry, being a racist and/or picking on the handicap makes you lower than pig’s “sheet” and this is something the Nazis did AND yes, Blacks can be racist and this “Richard” proves this.

Last edited by bergun; 04-28-2021 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 09:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The black guy saved himself alot of trouble by filming. that's all that needs to be said. because like i said, without video, people like you would believe the black dude beat this guy up and destroyed property with no questions asked. But since there's video, yall start reaching for ridiculous stuff like the "mental knockout game".
It's a hotel and there are no doubt cameras in the lobby, at the very least.

So what it's really about is the hotel employee is the wrong color for compassion from the "big tent" crew. Obviously mocking and stalking someone having a nervous breakdown is the proper and just thing to do. The guy can go home tonight patting himself on the back for exposing White Supremacy.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:58 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
He destroyed his own life with his lack of professionalism. Recorded or not, this guy should not keep his job. He’s a danger to the customers and to himself

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-29-2021 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 04-29-2021, 07:38 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
He destroyed his own life with his lack of professionalism. Recorded or not, this guy should not keep his job. He’s a danger to the customers and to himself
Holiday Inn has told Caleb that he's welcome back as an employee if he wants to return.

His GoFundMe is now up to 120K, and he's getting a LOT of public support.

He's made the decision he doesn't want to work in a position where he has to deal with the public in the future.

The harasser was removed from the hotel for this incident and other behaviors.

Doesn't look like Caleb has destroyed his life after all, does it?

Old 04-29-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Holiday Inn has told Caleb that he's welcome back as an employee if he wants to return.

His GoFundMe is now up to 120K, and he's getting a LOT of public support.

He's made the decision he doesn't want to work in a position where he has to deal with the public in the future.

The harasser was removed from the hotel for this incident and other behaviors.

Doesn't look like Caleb has destroyed his life after all, does it?
Holiday Inn is virtual signaling. This has all been done for optics. Holiday Inn would have eventually fired him once this story blew over and left the public eye.

And the customer should not have been removed. He booked a hotel and they mad a mistake. As someone who travels a bit, it is very frustrating when hotels mess up reservations. Especially after you get off long flights, and are ready to relax. Who knows if this guy would have had to search for other hotels in the area, that may have been more expensive. All because Holiday Inn made a mistake.

Anyway, his actions were objectively terrible. Much more terrible than the customer recording the video. And he should never have a job at a service desk again. And he an awful representative of his company. 5 years ago when we go back to this video, not weighted against political pressure. We won't look fondly at this clerk

Old 04-29-2021, 08:08 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, dealing with morons is part of customer service. If someone has a mental illness that will cause them to do this due to a stupid customer, then they probably should not be in the customer service industry. That is the reality of the situation. This guy perhaps should be in a position not dealing with customers, like cleaning.

Is this a joke? He was provoking the clerk. I'm sure that clerk was doing his job just fine up until this jerk showed up. He's also known to be a race baiter. When he found out about the GoFundMe page, he Tweeted that he "never knew so many white supremacists would defend someone with a mental illness."

Last edited by DK736; 04-29-2021 at 08:43 AM..

Old 04-29-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Is this a joke? He was provoking the clerk. I'm sure that clerk was doing his job just fine up until this jerk showed up. He's also known to be a race baiter. When you found out about the GoFundMe page, he Tweeted that he "never knew so many white supremacists would defend someone with a mental illness."
So you believe someone facing the public who is punching monitors and hitting himself in the head is a good response to an irate customer? Yes there are irate customers. You're suppose to keep your cool. If you can't, you need to be fired. Period.

I was a cashier at a grocery store when I was 16. I knew immediately that it wasn't for me. I have never dealt with any public facing job since. This guy clearly should not be doing this job.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:15 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
That black guy maybe 'provoking' him, but that kid has no business working there. I saw this thread yesterday, skipped it. I imagined something much worse. I watched the video, and it was fairly "no big deal" until the kid beginning hitting himself and the computer. And he gets 120k for that? F, I'll go work for a Holiday Inn, have Tariq come and scold me, and I'll do a far worse monkey show for 120k!

Old 04-29-2021, 08:30 AM

6,354 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Holiday Inn is virtual signaling. This has all been done for optics. Holiday Inn would have eventually fired him once this story blew over and left the public eye.

And the customer should not have been removed. He booked a hotel and they mad a mistake. As someone who travels a bit, it is very frustrating when hotels mess up reservations. Especially after you get off long flights, and are ready to relax. Who knows if this guy would have had to search for other hotels in the area, that may have been more expensive. All because Holiday Inn made a mistake.

Anyway, his actions were objectively terrible. Much more terrible than the customer recording the video. And he should never have a job at a service desk again. And he an awful representative of his company. 5 years ago when we go back to this video, not weighted against political pressure. We won't look fondly at this clerk
The ADA requires Holiday In to attempt to find a reasonable accommodation for him. Bipolar is a disability. The customer is a jerk. Being a jerk is not a recognized disability.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's a hotel and there are no doubt cameras in the lobby, at the very least.

So what it's really about is the hotel employee is the wrong color for compassion from the "big tent" crew. Obviously mocking and stalking someone having a nervous breakdown is the proper and just thing to do. The guy can go home tonight patting himself on the back for exposing White Supremacy.
You basically said nothing.

The camera guy saved himself alot of potential legal trouble. If you are black and a white person started acting weird like this, start filming and put it up on social media as fast as possible.

Also lost in all this is this all started because the camera guy received poor customer service. People acting like the customer should have happily been treated like crap. He got poor service and the person on the other end of that service starts flipping out..."the customer is wrong guys".

amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies