Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 03:55 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
please stop reaching.

this man sat up there and beat himself up and bashed his head against monitors. If the clerk said the black dude did it, people on this very forum would just believe it, no questions asked. The fact the black dude filmed it has you reaching for a "mental knockout game".

Like i said, if you're black you should film any weird interactions like this to save yourself any possible trouble AND put it up on social media ASAP.
And you are reaching to claim that this mentally ill kid would have called the police and accused the black guy of anything.

You also accuse basically all white people of having it out for blacks. Stop yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 04:01 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So that is how he framed his motivations behind his posting of the video?
YES.

again, if the clerk merely said "the black dude beat me up and damaged the monitors" people here would believe the black dude did it with no questions asked if there was no video. Like i said, if you are black and things start getting weird with a white person in a public setting, start filming and save yourself alot of trouble. Dont get violent or waste time arguing, just film.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
And you are reaching to claim that this mentally ill kid would have called the police and accused the black guy of anything.

You also accuse basically all white people of having it out for blacks. Stop yourself.
The black guy saved himself alot of trouble by filming. that's all that needs to be said. because like i said, without video, people like you would believe the black dude beat this guy up and destroyed property with no questions asked. But since there's video, yall start reaching for ridiculous stuff like the "mental knockout game".

Old 04-28-2021, 04:07 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
The black guy saved himself alot of trouble by filming. that's all that needs to be said. because like i said, without video, people like you would believe the black dude beat this guy up and destroyed property with no questions asked. But since there's video, yall start reaching for ridiculous stuff like the "mental knockout game".
Please explain why 1) the guy filming needed to put it on the internet and 2) why Tariq the race baiter needed
to put in on Twitter and frame it as a white clerk not being able to deal with a black customer.

There is no need for either of those things.

Furthermore, you clearly know nothing about people who self harm, what their mental state is when that happens, why they do it, and so forth. There is no way that clerk would have called the police.

Nor do you know anything about me so stop with the “people like you” comments.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:18 PM

1,480 posts, read 480,944 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Please explain why 1) the guy filming needed to put it on the internet and 2) why Tariq the race baiter needed
to put in on Twitter and frame it as a white clerk not being able to deal with a black customer.

There is no need for either of those things.

Furthermore, you clearly know nothing about people who self harm, what their mental state is when that happens, why they do it, and so forth. There is no way that clerk would have called the police.

Nor do you know anything about me so stop with the “people like you” comments.
8won6 is trying to claim victim status for the black guy. While ignoring the motive that is fairly obvious.

And assigning a nefarious motive for the clerk, as the potential aggressor.

Old 04-28-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
8won6 is trying to claim victim status for the black guy. While ignoring the motive that is fairly obvious.

And assigning a nefarious motive for the clerk, as the potential aggressor.
I'm not claiming "victim status". I'm actually using this situation to spread a message that black people can take away. If you are black and things get weird like this with a white person, START FILMING AND SAVE YOURSELF FROM POSSIBLE LEGAL TROUBLE.

Don't get violent.
Don't get emotional.
Don't get aggressive and loud.
Don't waste time going back and forth.
Film.

Old 04-28-2021, 05:42 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
If you're black and have a weird interaction with a white person like in this video, you put it up online as fast as possible. No telling what that clerk tells the police since he has no issue beating himself to a pulp. I would film too. And make sure everybody saw that i didnt "knockout game" him. This video most likely saved the black man a lot of trouble.
That is reasonable motivation for making the tape to begin with I agree. He could have saved it should the clerk try to say the filmer hit him. He could have showed it to the police then. I couldnt, in good conscience, post something like online. Its hard for me to see how someone else couldn't see this would be hurtful and do it anyway. Then to accuse the guy of freaking out simply because of race put that guy in danger and well as humiliated him.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:01 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
It the guy can’t keep us cool. He shouldn’t be working as a hotel clerk. What a horrible way to represent his company

Old 04-28-2021, 06:35 PM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times
When we focus on identify politics and assign labels to people based on visible or general characteristics, we lose the ability to see the person. All we see are labels.

White clerk
Non-white customer

All the subtleties and nuances are lost when this is all we see. We no longer see people. We see labels and color.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:02 PM

926 posts, read 417,854 times
To say that this was painful to watch would be an understatement.

Nasheek, who is black, insisted it was a race issue. What would have happened if the races were reversed?

I wonder how long this crazy, unsustainable and undue black privilege will continue to go on until the now unavoidable pendulum swing kicks in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies