Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 08:43 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So you believe someone facing the public who is punching monitors and hitting himself in the head is a good response to an irate customer? Yes there are irate customers. You're suppose to keep your cool. If you can't, you need to be fired. Period.

I was a cashier at a grocery store when I was 16. I knew immediately that it wasn't for me. I have never dealt with any public facing job since. This guy clearly should not be doing this job.

I never said that. I'm sure he has dealt with a ton of irate customers. But there's a difference between an irate customer, and loud mouthed loser accusing you of stealing money who refuses to accept or believe you have said disability and that you're "covering the fact that you're racist." Did you forget that part? The guy filming didn't want to hear it. The clerk told him he has a disability and that he was triggering him and he responded by saying he didn't care, he'd say and do what he wants, and that the guy was using that as an excuse to hide the fact that he "stole some of his money."

Your grocery store job as a kid is irreverent here. The clerk obviously needs more treatment, yes. But that DOES NOT give another person the right to openly know that person has said mental disability, and then continue to do everything they can to push that person to the edge. Are you getting it now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
You basically said nothing.

The camera guy saved himself alot of potential legal trouble. If you are black and a white person started acting weird like this, start filming and put it up on social media as fast as possible.

Also lost in all this is this all started because the camera guy received poor customer service. People acting like the customer should have happily been treated like crap. He got poor service and the person on the other end of that service starts flipping out..."the customer is wrong guys".

amazing.

The camera guy continued to push the clerk after he told him about his mental illness. But sure, the customer is always right. Good ole Boomer logic!

Old 04-29-2021, 08:44 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Holiday Inn is virtual signaling. This has all been done for optics. Holiday Inn would have eventually fired him once this story blew over and left the public eye.

And the customer should not have been removed. He booked a hotel and they mad a mistake. As someone who travels a bit, it is very frustrating when hotels mess up reservations. Especially after you get off long flights, and are ready to relax. Who knows if this guy would have had to search for other hotels in the area, that may have been more expensive. All because Holiday Inn made a mistake.

Anyway, his actions were objectively terrible. Much more terrible than the customer recording the video. And he should never have a job at a service desk again. And he an awful representative of his company. 5 years ago when we go back to this video, not weighted against political pressure. We won't look fondly at this clerk
None of us know what happened before this video began, or what sort of employee Caleb had been prior to this awful incident. Maybe Caleb is the kind of employee who remembers people's requests, remembers their names, comes in when the weather is so awful it's hard to get to work, supports fellow employees, sees what needs to be done and does it. We don't know.

You also have no idea what else the provoker did while staying at Holiday Inn, other than purposely provoking an employee.

When i have a choice, i choose kindness.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:48 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Your grocery store job as a kid is irreverent here. The clerk obviously needs more treatment, yes. But that DOES NOT give another person the right to openly know that person has said mental disability, and then continue to do everything they can to push that person to the edge. Are you getting it now?
I'm so tired of this millennial crap: triggering. Be a man, do your job. He doesn't seem to be so off to me he cannot control his actions. To me, he looks like he has been babied his whole life. This kind of thing wasn't around 20-30 years ago, while you millennials were eating ice cream and jumping on trampolines. This is what happens when parents stop beating their kids.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:54 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I'm so tired of this millennial crap: triggering. Be a man, do your job. He doesn't seem to be so off to me he cannot control his actions. To me, he looks like he has been babied his whole life. This kind of thing wasn't around 20-30 years ago, while you millennials were eating ice cream and jumping on trampolines. This is what happens when parents stop beating their kids.
In the past, instead of hitting himself, someone who was beaten for anxiety might actually punch the CUSTOMER instead of himself. How would that be? The fact that he is restraining himself from assaulting the source of his distress says a great deal, considering how clearly upset he is.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:56 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
the kid missed the training class on how to deal with people like this, it's really very simple.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:

Millennial crap? Triggering? Relax Boomer, no kids to yell at to get off your lawn today? Again, I stated the kid needs more treatment for his mental illness. But the guy filming was trying to make this a racial issue, and continued to denounce the fact that he had a mental illness, AFTER THE CLERK INFORMED HIM OF IT!!!! The guy filming said he didn't care!! That is harassment!! The guy filming could've worked with the clerk in a civil manner. He literally came at him right off the bat and accused him of stealing his money.

This has nothing to do with millennials; that's just you projecting your inability to compose a coherent thought that adds any context or value. Instead you chose to go to the "old man yells at cloud" route. This "kind of thing" wasn't around 20-30 years ago because we as a nation had an ignorant mindset about mental health at the time and were finally realizing we need to research this area more so we can understand it better. You know, kind of like how after General Patton slapped that soldier the nation realized that PTSD is probably a real thing?

This is what happens when parents stop beating their kids? No, this is what happens when outdated, ignorant, uninformed fools like yourself open their mouths.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In the past, instead of hitting himself, someone who was beaten for anxiety might actually punch the CUSTOMER instead of himself. How would that be? The fact that he is restraining himself from assaulting the source of his distress says a great deal, considering how clearly upset he is.
I bet the kid wouldn't because he'd be scared of getting hit back.

Why is he so distressed anyway? Not everyone is gonna smile at you and say please, thank you, and you're an all star. Suck it up, be a man.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:02 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Have some compassion. The boy obviously has some emotional challenges. At least he’s trying to work and not sitting around on disability.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 04-29-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Millennial crap? Triggering? Relax Boomer, no kids to yell at to get off your lawn today? Again, I stated the kid needs more treatment for his mental illness. But the guy filming was trying to make this a racial issue, and continued to denounce the fact that he had a mental illness, AFTER THE CLERK INFORMED HIM OF IT!!!! The guy filming said he didn't care!! That is harassment!! The guy filming could've worked with the clerk in a civil manner. He literally came at him right off the bat and accused him of stealing his money.
Yeah, millennial crap. You say that around me, or people my age, we'd laugh in your face. Oh now, he shoulda stopped because the kid said he a mental issue? F, public schools really changed. A nation of victims. Black people are all discriminated against, trannies, and now every white kid is either bicurious, or has some mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies