Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2021, 12:17 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Worth noting, folks. The Manhattan DA just got their hands on Trump's tax returns that Obese Donald tried to hide and keep secret since he took office.

And now, just 5 months after the DA got his tax returns, we have a Grand Jury.

Pop some popcorn, folks.
And if there was anything there worth anything dont you think obama would have used it to keep him out of office while obama was president and controled everything? Come on grow up and move on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 03:13 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy64 View Post
grand jury is convening 3 days a week for 6 months, there must be a massive amount of evidence in order to go in this direction
That's good.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:20 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Are there links about him being in NY? Or attorneys for him being there?
It makes sense that his lawyers would be in NY because that's where the grand jury is convened.

He's had a hard time attracting legitimate legal talent from day 1 (understandably), & more dumped him amid his false claims of a stolen election and the January 6 Capitol riot.

Uncertain if Alan Futerfas & Marc Mukasey are still with him? This from a March 18, 2021 piece:

Quote:
Futerfas and Mukasey first began working together for Trump in 2019 on another James case, negotiating a $3.8 million settlement of allegations that a 2016 Trump Foundation fundraiser was used as a campaign event in violation of charity laws.
Trump Faces N.Y. Probes With Mob Lawyer and Giuliani Protege

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/polit...uliani-protege
Copyright © BloombergQuint

Old 05-30-2021, 08:53 AM

23,494 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Trump must be convinced there's enough evidence to be charged.

He is not in Bedminster now.
He back up in his office in Trump Tower, meeting with his lawyers as they frantically go through a stack of potential charges' records, trying to comb out which are the ones that were brought before the Grand Jury.

He's living in his penthouse suite again,
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
p

So you don't trust the facts. I posted what I remembered I read, and If I remember any more I'll post them, because you're either to ignorant or too lazy to find them yourself.

Buddy, it just ain't that hard to find recent articles on the internet. All I had to do was type "Trump leaves Bedminster" and the one I posted Popped up on top of the stack.

All you asked for was a link that told of Trump being in NY, and I found your answer in 30 seconds.

Don't try selling me your fluffy excuses. I won't bite again. Get real or stay trivial. Your choice.

The Yahoo article you linked only mentioned that he was "spotted" in NYC. Nothing about him saying why he was there. IF he was there to speak to his lawyers, as you claim, then so what? Why do you feel that he should not be able meet with them face to face every once in awhile? There is nothing nefarious about someone talking to their lawyer, especially when they're the subject of a witch hunt.

You have concocted a complete and imagined story out of the simple comment "He was spotted getting out of a car outside his New York City address".

Old 05-30-2021, 03:00 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,325,289 times
Trump's longtime ally Roger Stone has warned that the former president must prepare to be indicted for fraud in the coming weeks
  • Roger Stone has predicted that former President Donald Trump will be indicted, he said in an InfoWars interview.
  • The indictment would be on the grounds of "bank fraud or tax fraud," Stone said.
  • Stone accused Manhattan prosecutors of "combing for a crime" in their wide-ranging criminal probe.

Roger Stone, a longtime friend, and erstwhile adviser to Donald Trump believes the former president will face an indictment imminently, Salon reported.

"I would be shocked if they did not come forward with a fabricated indictment for bank fraud or tax fraud against the former president [Donald Trump] by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr.," Stone said during an appearance on the far-right InfoWars website.

"If they want to go after the president on fabricated charges, then we will establish that this is a partisan witch hunt," the GOP strategist, who was pardoned by Trump in 2020, told InfoWars host Alex Jones.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eVc?li=BBnbfcL

Old 05-30-2021, 03:09 PM

23,494 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump's longtime ally Roger Stone has warned that the former president must prepare to be indicted for fraud in the coming weeks
  • Roger Stone has predicted that former President Donald Trump will be indicted, he said in an InfoWars interview.
  • The indictment would be on the grounds of "bank fraud or tax fraud," Stone said.
  • Stone accused Manhattan prosecutors of "combing for a crime" in their wide-ranging criminal probe.

Roger Stone, a longtime friend, and erstwhile adviser to Donald Trump believes the former president will face an indictment imminently, Salon reported.

"I would be shocked if they did not come forward with a fabricated indictment for bank fraud or tax fraud against the former president [Donald Trump] by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr.," Stone said during an appearance on the far-right InfoWars website.

"If they want to go after the president on fabricated charges, then we will establish that this is a partisan witch hunt," the GOP strategist, who was pardoned by Trump in 2020, told InfoWars host Alex Jones.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eVc?li=BBnbfcL
Did you post this because you agree with him on the fabricated charges?

Old 05-30-2021, 03:10 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Did you post this because you agree with him on the fabricated charges?
They don’t care about charges being fabricated, as long as he’s indicted

Old 05-31-2021, 07:07 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
And if there was anything there worth anything dont you think obama would have used it to keep him out of office while obama was president and controled everything? Come on grow up and move on!
Presidents are independent of the DOJ until Trump came along, seems they have enough evidence to present to a grand jury.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:09 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
The 5 year gotcha .. getting old..and these people are sick!!

Old 05-31-2021, 07:12 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Presidents are independent of the DOJ until Trump came along, seems they have enough evidence to present to a grand jury.
If Trump ran as a democrat this would never happen.. never.. it is all political..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies