Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2021, 10:44 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Really?

You are essentially admitting Eric is too stupid to remember details.
Good chance Eric will be charged also. He ran/runs Trump org on a daily basis. He was wise to take the 5th.
He has his own lawyers advising him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2021, 10:47 AM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^
Which still doesn’t make him any less impeached .
President Trump is the swamp's #1 enemy.
He'll be impeached regularly in his 2nd term too.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:49 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Yup.
scarred us with your encyclopedic knowledge of constitutional law. Moot court slayer all day every day.
So, I said very little, yet you're not wanting or willing to tell me why I was wrong, you just said I was wrong.

Quote:
The grand jury will meet three days a week for six months and consider evidence not just in the Trump investigation but also in other matters, according to The Post.
https://www.businessinsider.com/manh...-report-2021-5

Quote:
The Post said the grand jury will sit three days a week for six months.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-grand-jury-new-york/

But, you are more than welcome to give me the cliffs note version since you and what's her name seem to be the constitutional scholars on what a grand jury does/is.....

So, if you are that good, prove me wrong with what I said. Provide links to which you say, just don't say "i'm wrong" because I'm that good......

Remember cliff notes....don't need a diatribe of useless drivel.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:51 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
No. It’s justice. Plain and simple. It’s going after crooks who defraud the banks, the insurance companies and don’t pay their fair share of taxes.
Ultimately it’s justice for the people of the state of ny.

^^^ This is a state investigation into Financial crimes from what I can tell. Trump was not properly vetted before he became president, because nobody thought he would become president. So the true vetting process literally began just before he was elected president....investigations were launched....people associated with Trump went to jail....and we learned Trump was up to his eyeballs in Russians whose president Putin...launched operation "Hack and Leak" targeting the 2016 election and somehow a Russian Intelligence operative became Trump's campaign manager (collusion, no collusion....how does that happen??) Trump was shielded by the powerful office of the presidency and lucky for him he found an AG who believes the president has and is entitled to enormous (monarchal) powers, most importantly he believed a sitting president cannot be indicted....which would have ended up in the Supreme court if that came to fruition. So for the 4+ years and nothing crowd there was quite a bit there, Trump was never exonerated....and he was shielded by his presidential powers.

Trump still impacts our body politic and owns the GOP, not so much individual GOP politicians but through his cult of personality base. It's a Primary culture. In this situation no politician convened a special Grand Jury concerning a criminal probe of the Trump Org, the District Attorney of New York did that. This is an extraordinarily high profile case that is in process at a state level. Trump no longer has the immense powers of the presidency or Bill Bar. He's an ordinary citizen looking down the barrel of the criminal justice system...that's all we know. It may result in indictments it may not. If the prosecution doesn't have an iron clad case...I highly doubt they bring it to trial. it looks like the train is moving down the track though.....time will tell the tale.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
meekawal was using your CD account to post the statement that his/her "tax dollars wouldn’t be going towards anything being discussed in this thread"? Or was that your own statement?

Yes, it's on you to prove what you claimed.
On review, you’re right.

meekawal introduced the ‘not wanting task dollars wasted’ bud didn’t delineate between taxing authorities.

I introduced the hypothetical (moving out of New York to avoid that), so the burden is on me, and I can’t prove that.

I’ll amend my point to state that there would be less of a burden if she moved out of New York (as the agencies discussed in this thread are obviously funded by New York tax dollars), but only those on the inside would know it the total would be zero (less than a penny).

Quote:
I already answered that.
See post #410

Quote:
Why should we when the left and their media had created phony things to "get Trump", then lied about them and used fake anonymous sources to push the lies?
Because each issue should be evaluated and considered individually.

Everything isn’t ‘Us vs. Them’.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:02 AM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Well if they don't have an iron clad case, President Trump will become more powerful than ever before, and constantly remind voters (in 2024) how innocent he is, and how corrupt and treasonous his opponents are for investigating Your Favorite President.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So it's all political theater.
No one should have voted for either of the major candidates in 2020, and I’m not a D, nor an R, and I didn’t.

It’s pathetic that we had two such craptastic candidates in Biden and Trump, and it would be even more pathetic if 2024 became Biden vs. Trump again.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I love this "nobody is above the law" crap....

There was a former first lady who admittedly deleted thousands of emails AFTER the subpoena was issued for those emails.

Yea yea yea....hillary, amazing that if you agree with what happened, the law seems not to matter.
I dislike Hillary probably as much as you do, but the bolded is an irrelevant deflection.

Plenty of people critical of Trump aren’t Hillary supporters, nor Democrats.

Everything isn’t ‘Us vs. Them’.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
You Trumpies accuse me of being a leftist. Now you say I'm a Qnutter. You seem to have trouble keeping your story straight. But that's no surprise.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
^^^ This is a state investigation into Financial crimes from what I can tell. Trump was not properly vetted before he became president, because nobody thought he would become president. So the true vetting process literally began just before he was elected president....investigations were launched....people associated with Trump went to jail....and we learned Trump was up to his eyeballs in Russians whose president Putin...launched operation "Hack and Leak" targeting the 2016 election and somehow a Russian Intelligence operative became Trump's campaign manager (collusion, no collusion....how does that happen??) Trump was shielded by the powerful office of the presidency and lucky for him he found an AG who believes the president has and is entitled to enormous (monarchal) powers, most importantly he believed a sitting president cannot be indicted....which would have ended up in the Supreme court if that came to fruition. So for the 4+ years and nothing crowd there was quite a bit there, Trump was never exonerated....and he was shielded by his presidential powers.

Trump still impacts our body politic and owns the GOP, not so much individual GOP politicians but through his cult of personality base. It's a Primary culture. In this situation no politician convened a special Grand Jury concerning a criminal probe of the Trump Org, the District Attorney of New York did that. This is an extraordinarily high profile case that is in process at a state level. Trump no longer has the immense powers of the presidency or Bill Bar. He's an ordinary citizen looking down the barrel of the criminal justice system...that's all we know. It may result in indictments it may not. If the prosecution doesn't have an iron clad case...I highly doubt they bring it to trial. it looks like the train is moving down the track though.....time will tell the tale.
Likely including Trump himself.

There’s a picture of him in his campaign HQ on election night, once he realized he had won, and he has a ‘deer in headlights’ look on his face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies