Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 09:23 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Apart from the fact that we have similar situations with American labs - what exactly is the point? Whether the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab, or whether it originated from a pangolin in a wet market, while it would be nice to know, what difference would it make politically? Even if it's from the lab, it was still an accident, and even if it weren't, it's not as if we're going to ban all Chinese products to retaliate.
One word.

ACCOUNTABILITY

If the virus came from where we believe it did, I guarantee the Chinese already know about it. They have lied to the world and because of those lies this virus spread like wildfire across the globe. They must be held accountable for that.

If I go out to work tomorrow and accidentally hit a pedestrian or side-swipe a car, will I be allowed to just go about my day without consequence? I mean, it was an accident after all. Why should I face any sort of consequences for that accident? I'll tell you why. Because I caused injury either to a person or property and regardless of weather or not it was an accident, I am still at fault and must take responsibility for what happened. China should be made to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 09:25 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
When it comes to holding China accountable, pretty much nothing. We cannot do anything to China, however it probably p*ss off a lot of countries to know that this virus was caused by a lab in China. Geopolitics is there.

But, I don't care about China. We had our scientists lie and run cover for China and that lab -like Fauci. We need to get to the bottom of that, perhaps there is some of our guys who need to be held down and injected with Sars-Cov-2.
This, exactly.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:27 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Of course we need to know - we'll never find out the truth though. Maybe our grandkids will.

And if it did leak from the lab (because, of course it did) we need to know how so we can stop it from happening again.

Which, we won't do, but the politicians will make a lot of noise about doing something ... and then in another couple of years we'll have an even bigger, deadlier leak.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:32 PM

727 posts, read 304,968 times
Even Hollywood Star John Cena had to apologize to China about a Taiwan remark so I doubt we will ever have the opportunity to find out if a bio weapon was intentionally released.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Apart from the fact that we have similar situations with American labs - what exactly is the point? Whether the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab, or whether it originated from a pangolin in a wet market, while it would be nice to know, what difference would it make politically? Even if it's from the lab, it was still an accident, and even if it weren't, it's not as if we're going to ban all Chinese products to retaliate.
Is there a difference between suicide and murder? You would be in control if you decided to commit suicide. If you're murdered you don't really have much control over that.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:36 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Because there’s a reasonable chance that China created and released the virus intentionally and the truth needs to come out.
I don't think it was released intentionally. If anything is was a leak and they lied about it for months. It was in our country well before we detected it.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:42 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't think it was released intentionally. If anything is was a leak and they lied about it for months. It was in our country well before we detected it.
Based on how some of our scientists behaved [cough cough Fauci] I wouldn't rule out intentional. Just I'm not sure it was some Chinese official making that call.

A lot of international scientists were connected to that lab. Including Baric who was not only working on gain-of-function research but also ways to engineer viruses that were difficult to detect using normal techniques.

Now gain-of-function, you can say has some research purposes. But why study how to engineer viruses so man could not detect they were engineered? Sounds more like use for military purposes than medical research or research in the interest of science/knowledge.

All I know is Fauci was telling the American public back in January 2020 that this virus posed no threat, and keep going on your daily lives, meanwhile having secret briefings on pandemic response, and in the background Moderna and Pfizer already had a recipe for their mRNA vaccines.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:45 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Based on how some of our scientists behaved [cough cough Fauci] I wouldn't rule out intentional. Just I'm not sure it was some Chinese official making that call.

A lot of international scientists were connected to that lab. Including Baric who was not only working on gain-of-function research but also ways to engineer viruses that were difficult to detect using normal techniques.

Now gain-of-function, you can say has some research purposes. But why study how to engineer viruses so man could not detect they were engineered? Sounds more like use for military purposes than medical research or research in the interest of science/knowledge.

All I know is Fauci was telling the American public back in January 2020 that this virus posed no threat, and keep going on your daily lives, meanwhile having secret briefings on pandemic response, and in the background Moderna and Pfizer already had a recipe for their mRNA vaccines.
But if it was intentional what was the purpose. This is why this scenario makes no sense to me.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
One word.

ACCOUNTABILITY

If the virus came from where we believe it did, I guarantee the Chinese already know about it. They have lied to the world and because of those lies this virus spread like wildfire across the globe. They must be held accountable for that.

If I go out to work tomorrow and accidentally hit a pedestrian or side-swipe a car, will I be allowed to just go about my day without consequence? I mean, it was an accident after all. Why should I face any sort of consequences for that accident? I'll tell you why. Because I caused injury either to a person or property and regardless of weather or not it was an accident, I am still at fault and must take responsibility for what happened. China should be made to do the same.
For the second time...

Old 06-03-2021, 09:50 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:

I'm hoping what will come out of all these email revelations, is just how the discussing, thinking, planning and recommendations about the Pandemic occurred in real time.

In Jan of 2020, no doctor I knew or conversed with was ready to declare a broad public health emergency in the USA.

The RNA sequence of the viral spike, along with its intimate association with the lungs ACE2 receptors, was known to the world's medical communities in Jan. So the mRNA technology waiting in the wings was ready to go. It only takes a few weeks to create a new vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies