Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 09:52 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Apart from the fact that we have similar situations with American labs - what exactly is the point? Whether the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab, or whether it originated from a pangolin in a wet market, while it would be nice to know, what difference would it make politically? Even if it's from the lab, it was still an accident, and even if it weren't, it's not as if we're going to ban all Chinese products to retaliate.
We need to know precisely how it came to be. I would prefer human spread to lab, and worst would be deliberate act to sabotage the world. No matter what, unmasking the truth is the only sane m.o. This was absurdly screamed at as racist in 2020, due to politics at woke (sar) publications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 09:53 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But if it was intentional what was the purpose. This is why this scenario makes no sense to me.
Just look back at the Anthrax scares post 9/11.

IF intentional, most likely someone in the lab with a grudge.

VERY unlikely to have been a state directed bio-weapon.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:59 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
One word.

ACCOUNTABILITY

If the virus came from where we believe it did, I guarantee the Chinese already know about it. They have lied to the world and because of those lies this virus spread like wildfire across the globe. They must be held accountable for that.

If I go out to work tomorrow and accidentally hit a pedestrian or side-swipe a car, will I be allowed to just go about my day without consequence? I mean, it was an accident after all. Why should I face any sort of consequences for that accident? I'll tell you why. Because I caused injury either to a person or property and regardless of weather or not it was an accident, I am still at fault and must take responsibility for what happened. China should be made to do the same.
That pretty much echoes my feeling on the matter.

Old 06-03-2021, 10:05 PM

2,367 posts, read 910,329 times
We can fire Fauci and sever diplomatic relations with China and end all trade with China. Also sanction any country that trades with China. Recall our ambassador to China and close their embassies in the US. All Chinese students booted out and no more visas issued to Chinese nationals.

If we plan to go to war, those are the first steps. But we can sever relations without going to war. Don't forget we didn't have relations with China until Nixon, and weren't we fine before that?

If we go to war, it will be a nuclear war. That is what China is preparing for now. We should allow time to prepare fallout shelters and give people time to take care of their personal affairs, write their wills etc. I don't think it'll be as bad as people think. Besides you have to do what you have to do.

Old 06-03-2021, 10:08 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
We can fire Fauci and sever diplomatic relations with China and end all trade with China. Also sanction any country that trades with China. Recall our ambassador to China and close their embassies in the US. All Chinese students booted out and no more visas issued to Chinese nationals.

If we plan to go to war, those are the first steps. But we can sever relations without going to war. Don't forget we didn't have relations with China until Nixon, and weren't we fine before that?

If we go to war, it will be a nuclear war. That is what China is preparing for now. We should allow time to prepare fallout shelters and give people time to take care of their personal affairs, write their wills etc. I don't think it'll be as bad as people think. Besides you have to do what you have to do.
Exposing this as a lab leak would hurt China's standing around the world. They did a lot of vaccine diplomacy as well as PPE diplomacy. All that goes down the toilet if the countries know China bore responsibility for the pandemic.

Old 06-03-2021, 10:08 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
From the effort to cover it up by China and by the China owned media, I think we already know it came from the lab. It was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention to anything other than the MSM propaganda a year ago that a lab leak was far and away the most likely source.

Old 06-03-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But if it was intentional what was the purpose. This is why this scenario makes no sense to me.
I don't know, it sure sold a lot of vaccines. I hate to insinuate $$$ was the motive, but something doesn't smell right. Why did so many of our scientists play dumb and run cover for that lab? I can entertain they were worried that they'd be implicated since they had connections to the Wuhan virology lab, but perhaps it goes further than that. They tried hard to bury that story.

Old 06-03-2021, 10:15 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,066,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
From the effort to cover it up by China and by the China owned media, I think we already know it came from the lab. It was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention to anything other than the MSM propaganda a year ago that a lab leak was far and away the most likely source.
And yet we had "experts" like Michael Osterholm declaring again & again that it was zoonosis...

Old 06-03-2021, 10:19 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,066,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Why did so many of our scientists play dumb and run cover for that lab?
A form of self-preservation.
Once it's verified (if ever) that it was a lab leak, 2 things will happen, which will make life very difficult for virologists:
1. funds for Gain Of Function research will be alot harder to come by
2. safety protocols will be harshly enforced
(both of these are good things)

Old 06-03-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
A form of self-preservation.
Once it's verified (if ever) that it was a lab leak, 2 things will happen, which will make life very difficult for virologists:
1. funds for Gain Of Function research will be alot harder to come by
2. safety protocols will be harshly enforced
(both of these are good things)
I think it goes further than that. Regardless if this was a leak or not, gain of function is dead. No one is gonna entertain another leak, even if this was not one.

These scientists are acting like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies