Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 11:36 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Is there a real point to investigating whether covid came from the Wuhan lab?

what difference would it make politically?
Why am I not surprised that the OP is concerned only with the politics of the situation (i.e. how it looks to people who aren't paying attention)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 11:39 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Is there a real point to investigating whether covid came from the Wuhan lab?

Every time I think I've seen positively the stupidest posts the Internet could possibly provide, somebody shows up and proves me wrong.

Is there any real point in investigating whether the killing of more than half a million Americans (plus millions more in the rest of the world) was simply a purely natural act like Mt. Vesuvius or the Black Death.... or was it criminal carelessness and/or deliberate malice by a foreign government who is already on record for killing millions of its own people long before this little adventure came up?

Old 06-04-2021, 12:10 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Apart from the fact that we have similar situations with American labs - what exactly is the point? Whether the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab, or whether it originated from a pangolin in a wet market, while it would be nice to know, what difference would it make politically? Even if it's from the lab, it was still an accident, and even if it weren't, it's not as if we're going to ban all Chinese products to retaliate.
Is this a joke?? Will this be the line the Dems are going to run with? Nothing to see here, let's just mind our own business...look over there.

Whether intentional or recklessly, they have killed millions of people and decimated economies. They need to be held to account by the world. What form that takes will be interesting.

It will also bleed into the unscrupulous dealings of the US media, democrats and swamp creature Fauxci and how they fooled a population and impacted an election.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:21 AM

2,367 posts, read 910,329 times
I think there is one thing everyone can agree on: however the pandemic happened, it will happen the same way again.

If it was a bioweapon, there will be another one released as soon as international travel resumes at the previous volume, because the US has not been destroyed.

If it occurred naturally, another bat coronavirus will happen. sars1 sars2 sars3...

So we'd better figure it out and we'd better be right. If we're wrong, and we focus on one and ignore the other, we'll be blindsided.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:30 AM

4,183 posts, read 5,067,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I think there is one thing everyone can agree on...
No one agrees with you.
No one.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think it was intentionally engineered as a bioweapon. One engineered to be less aggressive in attacking those of Asian descent. Given the ability to map the human genome and engineer viruses for specific traits, IMO it's not as far-fetched as it sounds. Otherwise how do we explain the low infection rates of most Asian countries, in spite of the fact that they didn't "lock down" or destroy their own economies.
Actually no need. I watched an interview of a prominent Chinese pandemics expert in February last year. He predicted a lot of deaths if the virus arrives in the US. He said "Americans can never do what we did in Wuhan (lock down) because Americans value freedom."

According to this guy, any epidemic will hit Americans harder because of who we are. I saw there were anti-lockdown protestors carrying the sign "give me freedom or give me death". Americans would rather die than lock down, so no special virus engineering needed.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:37 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think it was intentionally engineered as a bioweapon. One engineered to be less aggressive in attacking those of Asian descent. Given the ability to map the human genome and engineer viruses for specific traits, IMO it's not as far-fetched as it sounds. Otherwise how do we explain the low infection rates of most Asian countries, in spite of the fact that they didn't "lock down" or destroy their own economies.

Perhaps a trial run for what is to follow.

Who needs a nuclear war when you can simply infect your enemies with a deadly virus?

Today, I'm leaning towards an accidental release of an engineered pathogen, but that's just a hunch.

It may have also been deliberate.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
No one agrees with you.
No one.
China made this virus and purposely infected the world. They need to pay!!

Agree??

I can go along. Doesn't affect me personally.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:04 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Why would you, OP, fear the truth?

Outcomes, goals and objectives are far, far more important to the left than the truth. If the truth should threaten any of those, you better believe they are going to do everything in their power to cancel it, much like they work to cancel everything else they do not like or agree with.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:43 AM

1,436 posts, read 668,771 times
This question. What difference politically? What if no difference politically at all?
Would an investigation be ok to you if only to save human kind from pain and sufferring and death maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies