Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 12:42 PM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times

Advertisements

I hate when Mexicans who come to our country (many illegal) refused to speak English and refuses to obey our laws and fly their big Mexican flag on their trucks. They do the same when they come to protest our government on our capitols. You see like 25 Mexican flags to 1 American ratio and the American flag is smaller, LOL

I want to see an American enter Mexico illegal and refuses to speak Spanish in Mexico City and pulls a Kenny Powers with the American flag on the steps of their capitol to protest their government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmh6jzy3TmQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 12:45 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
I can't see how they can deny him a diploma. It's not like the grad ceremony is a required part of the education system; it's only a celebration. What if you don't attend it? Does that mean you don't get your diploma?

I suspect they will mail it to him. However, it would be nice to get a link to see what you are talking about.

Old 06-06-2021, 12:57 PM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I can't see how they can deny him a diploma. It's not like the grad ceremony is a required part of the education system; it's only a celebration. What if you don't attend it? Does that mean you don't get your diploma?

I suspect they will mail it to him. However, it would be nice to get a link to see what you are talking about.

you can't deny him a diploma. I didn't go to my graduation in 1989 and I just picked one up 2 weeks before going to boot camp in the Navy at the school during summer. Some will even ship it by mail.

They can deny him to participate on the ceremony and picking the diploma in the ceremony if he violates dress code. it's like a student picking her diploma butt naked and just her robe or wearing flashing neon light sneakers or some outrages fashion. The school has every right to force any student to obey the rules or they don't walk with the rest of the graduating class. Fair to me.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:06 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
I’m sure he’ll receive his diploma in the mail.

American high schools are generally firm on graduation day decorum. It’s a day to represent your school and your achievement. We wear gowns and mortar boards in school colors for that reason.

It’s not activism day down on Main St. Save that crap for any other day.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:10 PM

4,910 posts, read 2,060,853 times
Being mixed African American and German, I’m proud of both my heritages... BUT!! Being a retired Soldier and a retired Law Enforcement Officer, the only flag “I” rally under is the flag of the United States since I am and will always be American first.

It’s not surprising that this kid most likely feels that America is a racist country since our media, big tech AND our schools teaches this all day long. Are we perfect? No, but after being on every continent, I can tell you that we’re not as racist or following tribalism as the rest of the planet.

Prior to 2008, we were making pretty progress on all racial issues, but that’s basically stopped and now we’re slipping back on all the advances that we’ve slowly made over the decades.

On a side note, you can tell that this kid is very misguided and basically clueless since what the Mexican GOVERNMENT has done AND continue to do to the Trique people is a modern day shame. Also, if you watch any of the TV Latino/Hispanic channels, watch how they portray Black people... Worse than the old American/European “Black Face” BS.

But hey, if the media, big tech and our communists leaning educators tells you day in and day out that the US is the cause of ALL the evil on the planet, they must be right... The funny thing about this is that if it wasn’t for the United States, we’d be writing this in either German or Russian AND a lot of people of Color on this forum, to include myself, probably wouldn’t be here or be enslaved in some forced labor camp, for the sins of being Colored.

And for the “survivors” of this new order, you could forget about having any free thoughts of your own if the United States, the greatest country on this planet, failed to fight and destroy both Fascism and Communism to the end.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:13 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
There’s already a thread on this...

Old 06-06-2021, 01:14 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Being mixed African American and German, I’m proud of both my heritages... BUT!! Being a retired Soldier and a retired Law Enforcement Officer, the only flag “I” rally under is the flag of the United States since I am and will always be American first.

It’s not surprising that this kid most likely feels that America is a racist country since our media, big tech AND our schools teaches this all day long. Are we perfect? No, but after being on every continent, I can tell you that we’re not as racist or following tribalism as the rest of the planet.

Prior to 2008, we were making pretty progress on all racial issues, but that’s basically stopped and now we’re slipping back on all the advances that we’ve slowly made over the decades.

On a side note, you can tell that this kid is very misguided and basically clueless since what the Mexican GOVERNMENT has done AND continue to do to the Trique people is a modern day shame. Also, if you watch any of the TV Latino/Hispanic channels, watch how they portray Black people... Worse than the old American/European “Black Face” BS.

But hey, if the media, big tech and our communists leaning educators tells you day in and day out that the US is the cause of ALL the evil on the planet, they must be right... The funny thing about this is that if it wasn’t for the United States, we’d be writing this in either German or Russian AND a lot of people of Color, to include myself, probably wouldn’t be here or be enslaved in some forced labor camp, for the sins of being Colored.
How do you know what the kid thinks? Maybe he’s proud that someone from where he is from has been able to make it here.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
I agree that he didn't obey the dress code. Same should have happened if he wore the Stars and Stripes

Old 06-06-2021, 01:18 PM

1,706 posts, read 637,353 times
If Mexico was such a great place, he would live there instead of here. That clown needs to be deported.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:25 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
I'm wondering why he's here. If he feels an allegiance to Mexico so strongly that he needs to advertise it during a graduation ceremony, then Mexico must mean a lot to him. Why not go there?

I'm not overly offended when seeing a foreign flag or sticker or whatever on a vehicle or in a yard. But at graduation? I don't get it. I have had a Norwegian flag sticker on my car, but I'm not going to carry a Norwegian flag into some important event like that. Seems silly and completely unrelated to the event. It's like advertising that your hobby is pickleball at graduation. Who cares? And what does it have to do with graduation?

I can see, however, that a lot of people would see this as a bigger deal and a slap in the face of America. You graduate from a school in the US that bothered to educate you and you are wearing a Mexican flag? Really inappropriate. Let Mexico educate you if you are so patriotic towards Mexico that you have to wear its flag at graduation. I would say the same thing if he were wearing a French flag. Or a Romanian flag. It's just tacky and insulting from that perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies