Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 02:34 PM

25,962 posts, read 18,956,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You know these aren't the values being discussed here.

"The church" for the purposes of this thread is primarily the Southern Baptist Church along with Pentecostal/Charismatic denominations, non-denominational evangelical, and some but not all Catholics.

And from there we simply assume that "Christians" are all members of the Southern Baptist Church and share the same ideology? That is quite a broad brush your are painting your masterpiece with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
... but laws controlling what people can do with/put into their bodies or what they can say in public will?
Those laws are enforced very loosely, if at all. If you want to string yourself out on heroin, you will likely not be stopped. There are lots and lots of junkies all over the country lying around in the gutters and they are rarely carted off to jail. Likewise, if you want to burn your brains out on acid trips, you will likely not be stopped from doing so. I'd doubt that even the typical Southern Baptist would stop you from shooting up or snorting or licking anything you like.

As far as "saying in public"... I think last summer proved that you can say pretty much whatever you like. Well, almost. A "racist" comment could get you stabbed or at least called a nazi. Or beaten to death.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:40 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,835,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And from there we simply assume that "Christians" are all members of the Southern Baptist Church and share the same ideology? That is quite a broad brush your are painting your masterpiece with.
Evangelical Christians, yes.

Conservative evangelicals are so quickly to try to claim mainline Protestants as their own when wanting to inflate their numbers and make a better case they are being persecuted, yet completely disavow that same group as apostate in most instances.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:49 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,351,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifttheveilnow View Post
Sums it up.
I'll say this. A few years ago I was a liberal and rarely thought about race. I'm now willing to die for mine.
This flavor of rhetoric is common in many extremist movements and literature.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:50 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,855,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's going to turn into a progressive cesspool until it collapses, mostly from the entitlement mentality that will have half the population sucking from the government instead of working, or we get invaded by a superior army, such as China, and then the cycle starts anew. A natural life cycle of empires as they go through periods of growth and decay if you study history. People think this time it's different because of our technology, we shall see. Most working middle class haven't really noticed just how many people around them are already section 8 government dependents, driving up real estate and rent prices while contributing little to society. This will only fuel the continued shortages of everything.

There is no military superior to ours. Our fighting men and women are the most fearsome military to ever storm a battlefield.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.php

Old 07-08-2021, 03:02 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,030,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Ah yes, white Christians are clearly what’s wrong with America.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/05/us/us...end/index.html
Truth. It is so deadly in our cities and it sure isn’t the white Christians. Just remember the good ol US is over 70% white. Get over it. You keep poking whites there will be a big shift. I think it is already going on. The Latinos see it and are shifting more white.

Time will tell but I know a ton of white moderates and they are moving right.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:05 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,849,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Ah yes, white Christians are clearly what’s wrong with America.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/05/us/us...end/index.html
It looks like you didn't read the OP. Nowhere in there did it say white Christians were what is wrong with the country. Shootings have nothing to do with the OP either.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:16 PM

39,315 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
The sooner White, Christian conservatives can accept this, the sooner our country can work together on issues that are truly important to the average American: the economy, healthcare, education debt, infrastructure, the pandemic.

Link to the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/polit...ter/index.html
well, I don't need a CNN article to tell me the reality, I have eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to feel.

I know many many MANY white Christians, many are my own family members. None has a problem with minorities or non-believers.

I don't know what is there for them to get over with.

With all due respect, it looks like it is YOU and YOUR KIND who have a problem with white Christians, not the other way around.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:18 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,313,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Truth. It is so deadly in our cities and it sure isn’t the white Christians. Just remember the good ol US is over 70% white. Get over it. You keep poking whites there will be a big shift. I think it is already going on. The Latinos see it and are shifting more white.

Self-identified moderates and the majority of Independents didn't vote for Trump in 2020 and their votes were not an indication of them “moving right”.

The non-Hispanic white population is about 60% and is disproportionately older.

And who’s “poking whites”? It’s the right-wing news media and Republican politicians who are trying to racially incite whites for political purposes, not the left. That tactic works to some degree with white non-college voters, but it alienates white college grads.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-08-2021 at 03:32 PM..

Old 07-08-2021, 03:22 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,351,411 times
Quote:
Ok? Wars tend to be extreme. Always have been. Millions of people in this country will not allow what the left is attempting to accomplish. There will be fighting. It will involve violence and destruction (already has on the left, I might add).
Call it whatever you want.
The violence you advocate/predict is utterly detached from what Americans experience. We are celebrating the reopening of our nation after a terrible pandemic. We are moving forward with a new administration and people are optimistic.

We realize conservative operatives are obsessed with CRT to manufacture a panic and drive voter turnout. It’s good to be aware, and analyze. But nowhere are we, Americans, fantasizing about war against our own. That level of extremism requires serious radicalization and is many standard deviations from the norm.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:26 PM

52,357 posts, read 52,828,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Quote:
Ok? Wars tend to be extreme. Always have been. Millions of people in this country will not allow what the left is attempting to accomplish. There will be fighting. It will involve violence and destruction (already has on the left, I might add).
Call it whatever you want.
This is the kind of talk that really needs to be more measured, I think the powers that be want this kind of division and we need to push back against it.

In real life most people get along fine. People tend to be polite and respectful and don't buy into this racial hysteria that is being pushed down on us by the media and the elites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies