Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 12:54 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Trying to hide leakers from spreading false information to their liberal media friends.
If he has done nothing wrong, what would there be to leak?

Old 08-03-2021, 12:55 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Meh trumps tax records are the least we should be worried over. Sure there will be more mud they will drag him through but meh.

Old 08-03-2021, 01:08 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,046,309 times
(Yawnn...)

Yepppeee... we have the Tax-Returns of Trump... now we can comb over them to find discrepancies that the BIG 4 accounting firms missed...~!!!

???

YES,...the Big 4 accounting firms process and complete Trump's tax-returns...

YES that big 4, than handle Billion dollar corps from all around the world.

The Big 4 with Major Contacts in Washington DC and who fund lobbyist to protect their clients interests....

Yes those 4~

Old 08-03-2021, 01:26 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
(Yawnn...)

Yepppeee... we have the Tax-Returns of Trump... now we can comb over them to find discrepancies that the BIG 4 accounting firms missed...~!!!

???

YES,...the Big 4 accounting firms process and complete Trump's tax-returns...

YES that big 4, than handle Billion dollar corps from all around the world.

The Big 4 with Major Contacts in Washington DC and who fund lobbyist to protect their clients interests....

Yes those 4~

Why is Trump working so very hard to keep them secret, do you think?

Old 08-03-2021, 03:55 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,326,738 times
My understanding SCOTUS rejected Trump's argument that NY state could not get his tax returns because he was the President.

Separate litigation, the Democratic-led U.S. House of Representatives is seeking similar Trump records from Mazars and Deutsche Bank. I thought they ruled had to wait until Trump left office to get the returns which now they can.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2AM1MN

Old 08-03-2021, 04:00 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Why is Trump working so very hard to keep them secret, do you think?
He broke campaign promises to show them, then he broke the law by refusing to allow congress access.

No one else I know would have had the nerve to break that law. It had to be pretty important yo him ... important enough to try to steal the next election.

This is all about self preservation for Trump, it has nothing to do with a principle or an ideal. If congress had wanted Biden's tax returns Trump would not have demanded Mnuchin refuse to hand it over. This is entirely about Trump's self preservation and his personal abuse of power.

Mnuchin should be charged.

Old 08-04-2021, 03:44 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
I think it is a dangerous thing when one administration on a knee jerk basis "investigates", i.e. persecutes the previous administration and political party. This is the U.S., not Paraguay.

Old 08-04-2021, 03:48 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mila123 View Post
Also, not surprised at all. DOJ corrupt. They are working overtime to make sure he doesn't/can't run again in 2024.
Too bad they don't do this with all congress members, and in a transparent fashion. Imagine how many are getting kick backs from China?

Old 08-04-2021, 03:51 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think it is a dangerous thing when one administration on a knee jerk basis "investigates", i.e. persecutes the previous administration and political party. This is the U.S., not Paraguay.
In the past, they would just have had him and his whole family killed. This is just to send a message to any other rich person who thinks they can dare challenge the deep state establishment. Like I have been saying, it's going to take a war to stop this. Either civil war or China invading. TO be honest, I think even China would put a stop to it. You think they are going to keep the people who betrayed their own country around once they got control of the USA????? Hell no.

Old 08-04-2021, 04:18 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump to object to release of tax returns - lawyer

(Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump will challenge a recent U.S. Justice Department order that his tax returns should be turned over to a House of Representatives committee, one of his personal lawyers signaled on Monday.

"There is no evidence of any wrongdoing here and I object to the release of the returns not only on behalf of my client but on behalf of all future holders of the Office of the President of the United States," said Trump lawyer Ronald Fischetti in a statement.

"This politicization and harassment of Mr. Trump is uncalled for and outrageous," Fischetti said, adding that he had "never seen anything like this" in his career as a lawyer.

The Justice Department on Friday ordered the Internal Revenue Service to hand over Trump's tax returns to a House committee, saying the panel has offered "sufficient reasons" for requesting the material.

House Democrats have said they need Trump's tax returns to see if the IRS is properly auditing presidential tax returns in general and to assess whether new legislation is needed.

https://www.aol.com/finance/trump-ob...135720733.html
"House Democrats have said they need Trump's tax returns to see if the IRS is properly auditing presidential tax returns in general...."

I'd bet the house democrats don't do their OWN taxes and hire experts to do them, yet they make this claim!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies