Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 02:43 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
People need to keep in mind that alcohol poisoning is a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma_Duce View Post
Playing the Drinking game what word should I choose “ Trump”or “not my fault”
lol! I did see a Truly vehicle while sitting in traffice for 45 minutes trying to pick the kids up. I'm taking it as a sign!
As for alcohol poisoning....I've trained for this! I have drank green berets under the table lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbard View Post
My Fellow Americans,
The ice cream cones are glamourous,
I wiped my butt,
It was Donald's fault,
That um girl over there, she has um er nice braids,
Hunter put down that crack pipe.
I'm looking for his squirrel moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Boy, Am I going to have a big hangover.
That's when you figure out what will not hurt you the next day lol!

Cheers!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 02:44 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Those who like Biden still like him. Those who dislike or hate him still dislike or hate him. But he gave a good speech and took responsibility for his actions, which is more than I can say for the last guy.

I’m sure that will be a great comfort to our allies.

16,760 posts, read 8,208,674 times
Trump's plan was to be out by May not to take time to get out.

The Afghan Govt and heads of military ran out of their own country.

We could do no more.

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
This thread makes me lose hope. Because if there is anybody out there who is inspired by this inept, bumbling dementia patient, we are in serious trouble as a country.

He made a huge mistake, and he is being universally condemned for it.
Don't discount the possibility that these are paid posters.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:45 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, nothing's stopping these so called allies from sending their own troops to stop this. So until they have any kind of money or skin in this, then they need to shut the hell up!
There is plenty of mineral wealth to attract invaders too. Quite frankly China can never be a superpower unless it flexes its muscles. Only making and building economic relationships is not becoming of a superpower.

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I didnt' vote Biden.

But I liked his speech here.

Basically,..screw ya'll, you obviously don't care to fight for your own Country.

If Trump said that, which I think he would,..he'd get reemed. Of course he wouldn't say it so 'nice', which is mostly what the problem is.

But I am ok with this speech. Let's see if it's just hot air.
Agree - good speech. Trump could have made it and likely would have.

We've been there far too long and spent far too much blood and treasure. Totally unrealistic for anyone to think this could have ended with everything hunky-dory and smileys in every direction.

Now....we have to be smart and close our borders at every port of entry - not the least of which is our airports. Should have been the first thing we did post-911....instead we humiliated grannies from Sioux City with intimate searches to show how PC we were.

Tragically, we know that closing our borders is the last thing we'd ever expect from this President.

4,848 posts, read 2,667,243 times
anyone who helped us (Afghan citizens) during this forever war should have been given the opportunity at least a year ago to make plans and leave country with their family..everyone knew we were leaving..what happened?..why werem't the translators and others already gone?..

6,963 posts, read 2,697,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Yeah, I noticed that as well.

And Kamela wasn't standing in the background. I believe they'd said she would be.
Kamala is still being hidden due to her mismanagement of the illegal alien crisis on the southern border. She can't afford being tainted with this mess.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:46 PM

40 posts, read 14,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
LMFAOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! Man, I don't even know where to begin with this joke of a post. First of all, anyone can give a great speech. Words mean NOTHING unless they're put to action. Obama gave fantastic speeches and yet he gave us 8 years of nothing. Biden shouldn't even have had to made this speech had he done it the right way. The bottom line is Trump had a better plan in place. To start SLOWLY removing troops in May of this year and slowly dwindle down the amount of troops needed. We also weren't going to be so chatty about final dates.

Then along comes Biden, who like with everything else, had to scrap a solid plan because he hates the color orange, and needed to do it his way. So he pushes the date back yet announces it to the entire world giving the Taliban MONTHS to prepare for this. Then both Biden and our wonderful Generals like that clown Milley, just allowed our troops to leave all sorts of military equipment behind in multiple cities, allowing the Taliban to strengthen their army. Then comes the icing on the cake: Biden reassuring all of us that a takeover wouldn't happen.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it did!!!! Now a Taliban leader is Afghanistan's president, innocent people are being slaughtered, and 20 years of war and restoration was all for nothing. Gone, in a matter of days. This should've never happened, and your "wonderful President" allowed it to happen.

Sorry, but Biden is failure, and this moment definitely solidified that even more.
"he bottom line is Trump had a better plan in place." LOL Trump plan: Peace Deal in feb 2020->release 5000 taliban prisoners-> Talbian attack kundaz in march 2020. Ya buddy good plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:46 PM

323 posts, read 129,712 times
Default The Biden Afghanistan debacle the gift that keeps on giving

Interesting…. The Biden Afghanistan debacle the gift that keeps on giving

TALIBAN THREAT General Milley warns of terror threats to US homeland after Afghanistan falls to Taliban & US ambassador flees Kabul

JOINT Chiefs of Staff chair Mark Milley warned of an increased threat of terror attacks on US soil after Afghanistan fell to the Taliban on Sunday, according to a new report.

Milley told a bipartisan group of Senators on a call earlier today that the Islamist outfit captured the country far quicker than President Joe Biden and other top military leaders had anticipated, Axios reported.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3478882...istan-taliban/

Last edited by Ma_Duce; 08-16-2021 at 03:40 PM..
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies