Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 09:59 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So if Trumps plan was for May 1st why exactly do you expect a different outcome.
You think he planned to do it the same why as Joe??? Why would that even enter your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 10:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You think he planned to do it the same why as Joe??? Why would that even enter your mind?
because it actually happened and we all seem to agree they clearly werent ready even after a 2 month delay

Old 08-18-2021, 10:04 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
It would be the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, currently Patrick Leahy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._of_succession
How far down the line of succession do we have to go to get someone who won't totally screw up our country?

Old 08-18-2021, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you are saying Trump would have prolonged the war ?
I'm saying they would have stuck to the plan which was in force and resulted in no US deaths for 18 months. His plan was to withdraw safely, contingent on certain conditions. It's not complicated.

Unfortunately Joe didn't stick to the plan, as is his right as the new Commander in Chief which resulted in the conditions we see today and prior to last week.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:07 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Why should he care? A pretty stupid stunt don’t you think? To think you’re going to hold onto a plane.
Of course it's stupid -- for anyone who has the slightest knowledge of how airplanes work. But I'm willing to bet that not one single one of those people who were clinging to the C-17 had ever been on a plane before. They may have never even seen one, other than from a distance.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
because it actually happened and we all seem to agree they clearly werent ready even after a 2 month delay
Well no it didn't. This must be the explanation for your feigned confusion. You think Joe executed on the previous plan with the same conditions.

How long do you want to play this game?

Old 08-18-2021, 10:11 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
How far down the line of succession do we have to go to get someone who won't totally screw up our country?
Far enough down that the names aren’t recognizable.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:14 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
As one who thought Trump made great tv, I think Kamala will make great tv too.

But for an entirely different reason.

So bring on President Kamala! If we are going to hell in a handbasket, I'd like it to be entertaining.

Also, how happy do you think Cuomo is right now about Afghanistan imploding? lmao

Old 08-18-2021, 10:19 PM

6,105 posts, read 3,344,280 times
Trump was wrong to start insisting we leave. I don’t think he would have in the end, but that’s beside the point.

Biden was wrong to follow on the path of a drawdown.

The American people were wrong to want to pull out of AFG.

I argued against this drawdown back when we left Kandahar, and I was really outraged when we left Bagram.

We now have an unmitigated disaster on our hands. The damage that has been done, on so many levels, will last for decades.

Why didn’t we just stay the course?

Old 08-18-2021, 10:21 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
As one who thought Trump made great tv, I think Kamala will make great tv too.

But for an entirely different reason.

So bring on President Kamala! If we are going to hell in a handbasket, I'd like it to be entertaining.

Also, how happy do you think Cuomo is right now about Afghanistan imploding? lmao
I’m kind of to the point of sitting back and watching the world burn myself. Judging by her recent vanishing act I’m not sure Harris would step up though.

And yeah, Cuomo is breathing a sigh of relief right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies