Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 04:28 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Why is it the responsibility of the US government to evacuate these Americans? They are mostly Afghan-American living over there with relatives, tourists, people working for various religious groups etc. In other words, civilians. They could have purchased a ticket and left anytime they wanted. Obviously, Biden is not the only one who did not think the Afghan govt would wave the white flag and run.
I've been wondering about these people and the 4,000 or so that died in Afghanistan over the past 20 years. I think most Americans born and raised in this country would have an exit plan if they were living in a place like Afghanistan. If I was one of them, I would not be sitting around expecting to get a seat on the last flight out of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 04:32 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
You are the mayor of the wrongville.
Nope, and you commets below prove it. So lets talk about your commetns below....shall we?

Quote:
sensitive technologies on the HW side (night vision goggles, blackhawk helicopter ... ) was gone already, and I highly doubt that, in terms of the SW side, the Afh gov't employees would bother to follow the protocols when they ran away.
NVGs can be bought on ebay, and blackhawk helicopters can be bought from the GSA. Oh you say I'm wrong, well here....

https://www.federaltimes.com/acquisi...-from-the-gsa/

And I'll go farther, Columbia Helicopter bough several CH47s via the GSA.

https://verticalmag.com/press-releas...fthelicopters/

Quote:
So, Taliban have all the sensitive technologies. You can say that the level of "sensitivity" may not be high (too lazy to check the CCL). However, I can tell you that some of the technologies will help China and Russian.
Again you are wrong. I know what the sensativity is, but tell us what CCL means? I'll wait.

China and russia have everything already.

I'll tell you a little story about russia from the book of Skunk Works (do you own research), russia learned the shape of the SR71, by the heat signature left on the ground and then being moved into the hanger.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:35 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Fingers View Post
Before 9/11 there was never a successful attack on our soil. However, they’re very patient. That’s how they work and why they always defeat their enemies. Maybe you’re confused about your history.
You should read up on your history...

Old 08-20-2021, 04:40 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
CNN reporting right now of threat of US weaponry in enemy hands. No whitewash, here.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:40 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Biden himself today said that they would not expand the perimeter beyond the airport in Kabul, but now the Pentagon said that helicopters are picking up Americans outside of the airport. 3 US helicopters picked up 169 Americans outside of the airport and brought them to the airport.

Is the military acting on their own, because they know Biden is inept?

Or is Biden simply out of the loop? (25th Amendment time)

Old 08-20-2021, 04:41 PM

1,959 posts, read 702,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
No, not really "on his side." This view was a one-off by one commentator which I heard yesterday and thought it a pathetic, heartless, callous, and feeble effort at political spin to deflect from the debacle playing out before our eyes - which won't play in Iowa or anywhere else in this country. If CNN starts to run this crap regularly, more shame to them.

Based on what I've seen this past week and today, CNN coverage has been ruthless on this disaster. The reporting of Clarissa Ward - who today is now on a plane out of there - was absolutely terrific. Tracks exactly what you're seeing on FOX.
If I were Clarissa Ward, I would have bad mouth Biden for the rest of myself. She and her producer were almost got beat by Taliban fighters on the street.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Everything makes sense but then I get to this. Why is this a given? What would happen if we left them alone?
They will reconstitute - and will do w/in two years per what I'm hearing on CNN right now. Remember, it was Al Quaeda which brought down the Twin Towers.

Generals are right on this one no matter how much our elected politicians resent military-industrial complex.

In my view, part of Biden's blunder on this evac was a direct result of his resentment of the DOD and all it entails. They told him to keep troop presence there, they told him to delay the evac. He wouldn't listen to them and rushed into an operation which needed careful logistical planning.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
If I were Clarissa Ward, I would have bad mouth Biden for the rest of myself. She and her producer were almost got beat by Taliban fighters on the street.
Yeah, she's pretty disgusted. She couldn't believe that press conference. Tapper gave her a well-earned shout-out for all her great work.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:49 PM

1,959 posts, read 702,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Biden himself today said that they would not expand the perimeter beyond the airport in Kabul, but now the Pentagon said that helicopters are picking up Americans outside of the airport.

Maybe it was the Brit. Brit and Fr. are going out to get theirs now. I knew Brit picked up few Canadians already.

Need FC
https://twitter.com/RespectIsVital/s...71423100866566

Old 08-20-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Biden himself today said that they would not expand the perimeter beyond the airport in Kabul, but now the Pentagon said that helicopters are picking up Americans outside of the airport. 3 US helicopters picked up 169 Americans outside of the airport and brought them to the airport.

Or is Biden simply out of the loop? (25th Amendment time)
Ha, guess the Brits put them to shame. "Gee, why didn't we think of that??" Imo, Biden is out of the loop in nitty gritty of how the job get done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies