Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 03:18 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Looking at the big picture, I agree... what difference does it make? But I ask the question here because the title of the post says Biden left them there. No, Biden didn't leave them there... the Afghans who refused to stand up to the Taliban left them there.
OK, now close your eyes and pretend Trump failed to anticipate the Afghan military folding up shop and our equipment becoming war booty for the Taliban...imagine Trump had no contingency plans for the Afghan military's defeat such as destroying any equipment that could be used/sold by the enemy...still no biggie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 03:18 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,603 times
What a DUMB thread a few thousand taliban vs over 216.6 million pakistanis!!

Old 08-20-2021, 03:24 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
I may be either overly optimistic regarding outcome or overestimating the strategic intelligence of the Taliban, but I think in the short term this is an extremely remote risk. The Taliban have all they can deal with now in trying to get their arms around governing (however you define that) Afghanistan. trying to unite their own various factions and so on. Truly, I don't see them trying to spread themselves more thinly at this point.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:26 PM

930 posts, read 334,032 times
President Biden needs to send the Taliban a "strongly worded letter" regarding this murder.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:29 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/m...19/id/1032994/ Great job! Joe Biden is a complete disaster. Kamala is even worse than he is. Two bumbling idiots!
This alone should get him impeached, along with everyone running the pentagon. This is ludicrous... No, that word is not even strong enough... Wow.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:31 PM

23,632 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As a person who has witnesed ACFT FMS, you are wrong. We may sell them equipment that has the ability to be sensitive, but not until the FMS customer puts their own sensative technology in.

Gotta love the the expert arm chair q'backs that have ZERO clue on what is actually going on but just think they do.
The "most" comment was made by Retired U.S. Army General Joseph Votel. I merely questioned the use of the word "most".

Quote:
Retired U.S. Army General Joseph Votel, who oversaw U.S. military operations in Afghanistan as head of U.S. Central Command from 2016 to 2019, said most of the high-end hardware captured by the Taliban, including the aircraft, was not equipped with sensitive U.S. technology.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Joe Biden* is a puppet. He is a figurehead. He is not the one instigating and orchestrating all of this. He is barely even hanging on at this point.

This is being done by others in his inner circle. And it is not an accident.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:34 PM

161 posts, read 128,350 times
I give Biden less than a month. He will soon be history. You know things are bad when your media allies are dissing you.
This country is going south fast. Not one ally is happy with Biden. Oh wait. The Chinese. They are thrilled.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:37 PM

161 posts, read 128,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
They sure hang on to the Jan 6th event. That's all they got to compare anything to. Lame. These crazy left people love terrorists so they think the Taliban is on their side and wonderful people. In fact they are keeping our southern border open hoping even more terrorists find their way in. I'm sure they have people already in plotting their next attack. You go Biden and your groupies....ruin and destroy the country. You're doing good for the short time you've been cheated in. Biden, your people love you and your approval for all terrorist. Don't let them down.
Biden has blood on his hands

Old 08-20-2021, 03:37 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The blood of every person hurt or killed is on the hands of Joe Biden, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts he doesn't even realize it. He's too busy hanging out in his basement watching I Love Lucy reruns.
The blood of every person hurt or killed because of the Taliban takeover in Afghanistan is the direct result of the failure of the Afghan army to fight. They were babysat for almost 20 years. At some point the US military was going to leave. It didn't matter if it was 2010 or 2025. The only difference was how many American and other allied lives would be lost, and how much money would be wasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I am so embarrassed that I voted for Biden.
Just think how embarrassed you would be if you voted for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies