Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 07:58 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
me, too.

...and me.

This was all completely avoidable.

Never cared for the poorly thought out Twitter posts, but I sure miss Trump right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 07:59 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh my God. We desperately needed to get these people out. They trusted us and we've let them down.

There are no words.
As a nation, we will not be trusted again for decades. We deserve that.

China can now do whatever they wish to, in any nation. No one will join us in trying to stop them.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
...and me.

Never cared for the poorly thought out Twitter posts, but I sure miss Trump right now.
Do you honestly think the Taliban would have done things differently with Trump, the Afghan army?

Why would you think that.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:01 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,455,203 times
Didn't this lady call 9/11 a hoax and blame the California wildfires on Jewish space lasers? And yall are looking up to her as a voice of affirmation?

Jewish space lasers.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...d-execute.html

She has more than once shared Q anon conspiracies. This is your voice of the people huh? At this point yall will agree with Xi and Un too I'm sure.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:02 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
...and me.

Oh come on. You can't compare a devastating blood bath of an international retreat, open borders, aggressive inflation, racial brainwashing in education, mass censorship, medical tyranny, sky high violent urban crime and the collapse of small businesses to.....mean tweets.

Mean tweets are much worse.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:02 PM

2,519 posts, read 1,302,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My personal favorites include what about women’s rights and gay people?

Saw a clip from NBC, this morning where a woman and 27 members of her extended family were boarding a flight and being resettled in the US and she was depressed about leaving her country.
She will certainly enjoy women's rights when she will return home on a bus late night wearing a revealing dress. I heard Muslim countries have women-only subway cars.

She will also enjoy the right to work by cleaning toilets instead of living the life of a Muslim wife who never has to work.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
They belonged to the Afghan forces. We provided them as a security assistance weapons package/deal.
And was it Biden who gave them to the Afghan forces or was it a previous President?

605 posts, read 1,260,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He should have removed everyone before removing the troops. Everyone knew what was going to happen but him?
Biden has to go down in history as the dumbest president we have ever had!! So many people voted for Joe not because they loved him, but because they hated Trump! H Joe knows nothing of foreign policies except to line his and son Hunters pockets! What a disaster he is! The weakest of all presidents- he’s the laughing stock of the world!

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Question, would Trump have done this better?
Yes. For one thing he would have left the troops, airbases, weapons UNTIL all were out safely. Second, he would have left enough nearby poised and willing to make the Taliban sand if they simply breathed incorrectly.

Third, he would have left Afghan fighters ALL the tools our troops used. Not told them to use their fists to fight The Taliban.

It takes the guts to be ready to decimate the other side if needed, w/o flinching.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Dude - one thing has nothing to do with the other...

Trump did not coordinate this debacle. It amazes me how Biden, and people like you, still want to make every screwup Trump's fault. Biden has been president since January
This chaos in Afghanistan was not created in the last 8 months. This is years and years of the USA meddling in a country that doesn't play by the same rules.

Nobody would have predicted that the Afghan Army/President would abandon their posts so quickly....NOBODY.

Not one of you expressed concern when Trump announced the May 1 deadline. Because nobody predicted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies