Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2021, 08:51 PM

1,958 posts, read 702,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So now I'm interested. Please list all the things that Biden has done better than Trump.
Ability to **** things up
I am not Trump's fan, but Biden's Afgh plan is so fxxk up that it is almost a textbook case of 'fxxk things up'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 08:52 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
Ability to **** things up
I am not Trump's fan, but Biden's Afgh plan is so fxxk up that it is almost a textbook case of 'fxxk things up'
Yeah, I can't wait to see thriftylefty's list!

Old 08-22-2021, 09:09 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,569 times
Biden will torpedo the rest of Obama’s legacy. He will always be tied to Obama (not that Obama was a good president).

Old 08-22-2021, 09:37 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,787,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I didn't realize I have an idol. Who are you talking about? I know it's not Trump because I've posted previously I was a Democrat until 2020.

Let me repeat since you're not getting it - you don't remove all troops BEFORE evacuating civilians.

You don't remove all troops BEFORE evacuating civilians.

It's a simple common sense idea, I don't know why you don't understand it.
You realize that evacuating civilians first would have been a vote of no confidence in the Afghan military and government? That could’ve destabilized the entire country way more quickly.

There are zero “common sense” withdrawals when you lose a war. It was always going to be messy and there is nothing we could have done about it.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:44 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
His poll numbers did drop. The magnitude of this under taking goes over the heads of Trump supporters who are arm chair diplomats. There should be a collective sigh of relief that this 20 year war is comming to an end. The ends justify the means.
Biden just assured war on our soil. China, Al Queda terrorism are coming here soon.
With the Southern border open, the blank visas sent to Afghanistan to be filled out by those we bring here, giving them billions in weapon and intel, we will soon be at war/under terrorist attack. And you biden voters own it.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:46 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Let me repeat - the writing was on the wall. The only way to avoid it, would be to stay in. Any meaningful change in Afghanistan needs to come from within.
Everyone agrees the writing was on the wall. It was in massive bold letters. Everyone knew, heck the Australians closed their embassy in May due to security concerns with the withdrawal.

The fact that the writing was on the wall is the problem for Joe. He wants to pretend it wasn't and that this chaos was not forseeable.

The writing was so clear, everyone knew you should evacuate your people first. This is perhaps the least complicated or controversial operational decision a commander in chief has ever been faced with. Yet the big guy screwed it up.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:47 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
You realize that evacuating civilians first would have been a vote of no confidence in the Afghan military and government? That could’ve destabilized the entire country way more quickly.
Way more quickly than the couple of hours it took?

Old 08-22-2021, 09:53 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
No, it would just be common sense to do so. Optics < valuable than lives.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:56 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,787,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Way more quickly than the couple of hours it took?
Yes, probably.

Also, most of the Afghan civilians we are evacuating were employed by the Afghan government. You really the Afghan government would have just allowed us to airlift 90% of their people out of the country? Doesn't even make sense.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:57 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
The biggest coward of them all, first to flee (with OUR tax dollars). Hopefully karma will catch up to him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV2i5O9c0E4

And here is the definition of bravery, a man's man with a warrior's soul, the TRUE worthy leader of Afghanistan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvAvnlKVmCY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies