Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 11:49 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump laid the trap and Joe Biden walked right into this disaster!
try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
In the very near future, 5 days or 10 days it doesn't matter, but everyone that "we" care about will be out of Afghanistan. If the Taliban and Isis is smart they would hope there will no retribution owed them by us.
And the ones WE care about will be dead thanks to YOUR president.

Old 08-25-2021, 11:55 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Of course. The Leftist elitists and Biden don't care about what Americans want anyways, so what makes you think Biden needed to ask Americans for their approval on this topic? Furthermore, Biden has taken Trump's America First and shot steroids into it with the way he has disregarded our allies and partners.
The majority of Americans wanted out.....period. Biden would have had to expend political capitol for a surge in Afghanistan.....something he could not afford given the closely divided congress and his agenda. I am not arguing that he botched it....he did. But this is what the situation looked like. There were some warnings but nobody thought the Afghan Govt would collapse in 11 days. They were wrong, and that includes Biden.

Most Americans say the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were not worth fighting
The public is more concerned about the threat caused by domestic extremist groups than those from outside the country.

https://apnorc.org/projects/most-ame...orth-fighting/

Old 08-25-2021, 12:04 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
And the ones WE care about will be dead thanks to YOUR president.
I remember when Trump was inaugurated people said how terrible he was going to be. His supporters ask them to wait and see how he does and give him a chance. Perhaps some of that indulgence can be used to give our president till the 30th of August. I have a feeling that the fun will over for quite a few on here. The rest of us Americans will take a drink to the end of a war. The two politicians who traveled to Afghanistan to pile on might wind up political cassualties. I would ask them how many people did they bring back?

Old 08-25-2021, 12:05 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Alot of the Trump people are disavowing there own plan....they all screwed this up including Biden

Trump officials back away from 2020 Taliban peace deal after withdrawal chaos
Nonsense!! Sure there will be no shortage of Leftist Propaganda rags desperately trying to spin this thing. And sure, the Military Industrial Complex wanted to stay forever. A lot of generals aligned with the Military Industrial Complex wanted to stay forever. War hawks throughout the US government were relentlessly pushing back on Trump trying to keep us in Afghanistan forever. They even lied to the Commander and Chief of our military on several occasions so they could keep troops where Trump wanted to get out of. But the American people wanted out forever ago and we're all sick of having our troops in Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires. Trump did what the American people asked and setup the withdrawal. Biden FUBAR'd it.

Logical progression:
  1. Tell the Taliban, "We're leaving. If you f-ck with us while we're leaving, we'll come for you with everything we've got."
  2. Get US citizens out.
  3. Get Afghani allies out.
  4. Gradually pull back military, bombing the crap out of anything the Taliban might find useful.
  5. Once everything else is out, pull out air support and military last.

Biden did that in reverse order while completely skipping item 1. Trump gets credit for getting the ball rolling. Once he announced we were leaving, it would have been a huge electoral poison pill for Biden to stay indefinitely. Biden gets all credit and blame for how the withdrawal went.

PS: I'm not a "Trump person" but I'm also not blinded by partisan stupidity. It would have gone a lot better under Trump because the Taliban knew better than to f-ck with that guy.

Old 08-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I remember when Trump was inaugurated people said how terrible he was going to be. His supporters ask them to wait and see how he does and give him a chance. Perhaps some of that indulgence can be used to give our president till the 30th of August. I have a feeling that the fun will over for quite a few on here. The rest of us Americans will take a drink to the end of a war. The two politicians who traveled to Afghanistan to pile on might wind up political cassualties. I would ask how many people did they bring back?
A sweet sentiment. The action on the ground will tell a far different tale and the slaying of civilians good people true to the USA will leave a crater in which flowers may never bloom again.

That is Biden.

Old 08-25-2021, 12:09 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
A sweet sentiment. The action on the ground will tell a far different tale and the slaying of civilians good people true to the USA will leave a crater in which flowers may never bloom again.

That is Biden.
Perhaps I will get a chance to "quote and gloat" after this thing is over.

Old 08-25-2021, 12:10 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Question:

Is ISIS or ISIL in Afghanistan?
Are they working with the Taliban?

17,431 posts, read 14,657,652 times
From a Jake Tapper tweet:

Quote:
In a briefing to congressional staff, the State Department said that 4100 American citizens are still actively seeking to get out of Afghanistan, a Senate aide tells me. Not all the Americans are located in/around Kabul. The US has evacuated approx. 4,400 Americans already.
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...185147395?s=20

ETA: Welp. The State Department is retracting that number. Who the hell knows what's going on in the Biden Administration anyway?

Quote:
Perhaps I will get a chance to "quote and gloat" after this thing is over.
I pray I'm wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies