Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 12:34 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times

Advertisements

obama is why I stopped being a democrat. President Trump then turned me into a Republican
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 01:03 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I never quite got caught up in the “blacks are the most hated group” kind of thing.

Jews are considered a well to do and entrepreneurial and they're quite hated as a group.

Arab Muslims also don’t have the best reputation in America either.

But one thing I can say is, yes, these people who have the most anti black attitudes usually don’t live around blacks (a good share don’t, or have don’t daily interactions with black people) they just take a negative interactions with blacks unfortunately judge an entire group by those.
Jewish people definitely get ridiculed. That has been going on for years. Relative to other groups, Black people get complained about in very high amounts. Look at the threads we see here on CD.

I've ran into many individuals who had anti-Black attitudes. Very few of them actually spent much time around Black people. I went to a high school that was about 90% White when I started as a freshman. Let's just say I got called the N word on several occasions. Many of them weren't around many Black kids. As I got older I ran into some people who would judge Black people by the very worst persons within the Black population.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'll take being called a racist by moving to the other side of the street over this, sorry good people of a certain demographic, and I know there are many of you. There is too much going on for me to trust a certain demographic, and It is has been emboldened as the white liberals whistle past the graveyard with their woke commercials.

Although the dude taking a beating really had no idea how to defend himself in any aspect of what happened. Don't let someone get that close to you, and then when you are down never let them get past your legs, roll the heck out of there and run. Just sitting there with your hands up pleading for mercy from a damn animal?
Well, anyone who decides that because I'm Black, I'm not worth trusting because of the very worst persons within the Black population, I wouldn't those kinds of people in my life anyway. Name one reason why I should be understanding about this. What do I get out of it?

Old 08-10-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
I do the same thing and I'm not racist because my parents are Black and I love them. Lol
I don't. I've never crossed the street on someone just because there were Black people walking by. And I've been a victim of Black on Black violence. I don't think "oh, there are Black youths there, avoid them". I watch people's mannerisms and how they carry themselves. If I seem someone being aggressive, I avoid that persons regardless of race.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:11 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,626,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
I can't figure out what happened, based on the tape. At the beginning, the white guy walked up to the black guy and it looked like they had a brief conversation of some sort, and then....the black kicked the white until he was unconscious. Did the black try to trap the white by engaging him?

If I am walking alone on the street and a guy, black or white, tries to engage me in a conversation - even to ask directions - I will ignore him and keep my distance. There are complete savages out there masquerading as humans.
The scumbag assailant entered the personal space of the victim by pretending he just wanted to shake hands. They do this because we, as a society, overall see it as rude to not engage people who are approaching us benevolently. Once he got a grip on him he didn't let go, the victim tried to escape and created the angle that the attacker needed to sweep his foot to get him on the ground and stomp him.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:36 PM

539 posts, read 241,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
obama is why I stopped being a democrat. President Trump then turned me into a Republican

Me three .

Old 08-10-2021, 01:39 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Well that was unfortunate. We have our share of heinous crime just like every other city. My sympathies for the victim. Hopefully he will recover okay.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:43 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, anyone who decides that because I'm Black, I'm not worth trusting because of the very worst persons within the Black population, I wouldn't those kinds of people in my life anyway. Name one reason why I should be understanding about this. What do I get out of it?
I don't have an answer for you. Is it fair to you as a law abiding decent human being? No it isn't. Am I going to subject myself or my family to the risk knowing what I know? No I won't.

Would it have any effect on our interactions in a store, on a plane, at work? Nope. On the lonely street, especially when I'm outnumbered or with my kids? Yes, it would.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:47 PM

13,750 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't. I've never crossed the street on someone just because there were Black people walking by. And I've been a victim of Black on Black violence. I don't think "oh, there are Black youths there, avoid them". I watch people's mannerisms and how they carry themselves. If I seem someone being aggressive, I avoid that persons regardless of race.
For me it depends on the city and/or area. Regarding Dallas I wasn't going to wait until a group of black teenage boys/young men got too close to find out if they might be trouble. I crossed the street... and if they followed I went into a store. I don't know what Dallas is like today. However, in the early 90's it could be dangerous esp. if you had to walk or ride the bus everywhere.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:48 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,902,655 times
There are more of us each and every day.

Looking back, I was slowly headed away from the Democrats as early as 2015.

But it all snowballed for me with the lock downs and the riots. It wasn't just the Orwellian COVID mandates and the violence - it was also the way the mainstream media covered these. They were telling us about the Emperor's new clothes, when we could clearly see the Emperor was stark naked. ("Mostly peaceful" the reporter cried, in front of a burning building.) I never had Trump derangement syndrome, and the Dems had kinda already lost me - but the crescendo of last year's utter madness drove me straight into the arms of the MAGA GOP. (The Party's transformation under Trump allowed it. Could never have joined if the Cheney neocons were still in charge.)

I truly expect this trend to continue, and probably build even more momentum over the next several years.

The only Democrats left will be the crazies, and the people who are just not paying attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies