Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 06:10 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
False. Conservatives tend to acknowledge #2, while using #1 to explain/justify it. Where as liberals focus exclusively on #2 while ignoring crime statistics that support #1.

As a conservative, I'll passively listen to both sides present their case, knowing the truth is usually somewhere in the middle with most issues. My main concern is just avoiding becoming another statistic.
I don't think duffy KNOWS any conservatives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 06:15 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Part of the problem is that if you call that subhuman an "animal" (or even a subhuman), liberals will call you a racist. It's a way of protecting the wrongs committed by a black against a white.

I guarantee you that this particular subhuman has been arrested before, has even served time, and is back on the street due to liberal bail requirements or early release or whatever.
" liberals will call you a racist"

As we have seen over and over " liberals will call you a racist" if you DARE say ANYTHING negative about blacks. PERIOD!!

Kinda like the kid who cried wolf too often.

And of course, the REVERSE is NEVER done!

Old 08-10-2021, 06:28 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Take black crime out of the picture and I’ll bet the US crime rate starts looking like a European country’s. Just sayin’.
What do you propose we do, since that is what you are saying?

Old 08-10-2021, 06:32 AM

Some people are saying that if Black populations in cities drop, the crime will drop. Lately, cities all over the west coast (Seattle included) have seen their own Black populations precipitously decline over the last decade. Based on the reports over the last year, the opposite is happening.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:38 AM

30,382 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some people are saying that if Black populations in cities drop, the crime will drop. Lately, cities all over the west coast (Seattle included) have seen their own Black populations precipitously decline over the last decade. Based on the reports over the last year, the opposite is happening.
Great point, if you defund your police and encourage racial violence and refuse to enforce the law, you will get much higher crime rates as Seattle has done.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:56 AM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Well he is white. His white privilege allowed his ass to get kicked!!!

Old 08-10-2021, 09:12 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are missing the whole point.

Yes, some whites do these things, but the statistics show the VAST MAJORITY is done by young black guys, I won't use "men", who live in and around government housing, where the father is no where to be fund, most drop out of school, most are involved with gangs and illegal drugs.

I saw a panel show hosted by a black women with 6 to 8 black men who had fathered around 60 some children with a few on the way. NONE were married to the mother.

Most have rap sheets, you DO know what that is, I hope, as long as your arm.

MOST are run by their fellow blacks who are the mayors, police commissioners ,city councilmen, teachers, school principles, etc. but it is the WHITE MAN'S fault!

"51 shot, 6 fatally, in weekend gun violence in Chicago
The previous weekend, at least 73 people had been shot, 11 fatally.
By Sun-Times Wire Jul 31, 2021"

With all this, what do you think the problem is and how can whites stop it?
Agree. And to top it off, they don’t know how to properly behave or conduct themselves in public. The way they dress with their pants sagging, their speech (Ebonics), some hairstyles, being loud, etc. It is a turnoff to the rest of society and perpetuates negative stereotypes. That is where the lack of formative parenting becomes obvious.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:14 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But who (which demographic) is committing the crime in these cities, even with the drop in black population?

Old 08-10-2021, 09:36 AM

1,153 posts, read 631,712 times
I'm a young Black man(See my profile pic). A lot of young Black men under the age of 35 are trash, although some like myself are great people. Young Hispanic men aren't much better either.

I have no problem admitting that either. It's easier to acknowledge an uncomfortable truth than live in an illusion. Most "anti-Blackness" is driven by bad experiences with the negative elements of the Black community.

Most people don't have a problem with Blacks and Hispanics that are productive, law abiding citizens. Just the ones who contribute to negative scenarios and impacts like the guy in the video. I'm doing my part running a tutoring business on the side with another non-stereotypical Black man from New York to ensure that more Black kids don't grow up to be degenerate trash like so many.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
But who (which demographic) is committing the crime in these cities, even with the drop in black population?
I think we all know the answer. It's been discussed ad nauseam, for decades. There are reams of research, dating back to 1900. However, this is the point I was making. If the Black population in these cities has taken a drop, but crime among some Black criminals is on the rise, then perhaps it's about WHO within the Black population is leaving and who is staying, and why. And does gentrification really work as well as some people think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies