Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 11:08 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times

Advertisements

“Murderous Poles Attack Peaceful Germans”!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 11:17 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
It kind of depends on where you live tbh. I find that, in places like Brooklyn, Queens, the DMV, and many parts of the South, you're more likely to encounter all types of Blacks due to there being strong middle class Black communities in these areas on top of the poor/working class.

In places like Chicago, many parts of New England, Missouri, etc. the Black populations are mostly concentrated in poor and segregated dilapidated neighborhoods and you don't really encounter the full spectrum of Black people as much as the aforementioned areas I mentioned.

In New England, the Black population out here is more "low income" concentrated compared to NYC. In NYC, I run into a lot of Blacks that are yuppies, professionals, and educated with ease depending on the neighborhood. You run into them here as well but not in the form of a large community. The worst element is more visible than the better off ones. I was at the mall after work yesterday and I sat in a seat texting my girlfriend. A Black family was standing near me. All of a sudden, two Black girls who were very loud and vulgar stood next to us and started making more noise and commotion than all of us combined. The Black family and I walked away and shook our heads, knowing that these 2 Black girls were hurting our image.
The Midwest in general is a very poorer and underclass region of the US than many people think. And Chicago never had a great reputation as a city in general even before blacks and Latinos, (of course the groups who have the reputation of causing the most crime) set there in very large numbers.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:21 AM

1,153 posts, read 631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm 35 years old. I think there are many young Black men who are complete trash. I also understand that the majority of young Black men are NOT trash. The thing is, the criminal underclass elements scream the loudest and have no shame about doing bad stuff.

This is the thing with me. I know that there are many young Black men who are trash. I don't find it easy to talk about it. Black people are already the most looked down on group in America. We've been looked down on from day one. When you're already looked down, well, it segues into this.

Why would I want to talk about any of this with someone who has anti-Black attitudes. Said persons have already made their choice to be hateful and anti-Black. I don't care why said persons are anti-Black. You might say it could come from experience. My own experiences have involved running into some anti-Black individuals who were from places were very few Blacks lived. Some of it could come from experience. Some of it is just plain old bigotry.

I had the displeasure of dealing with someone who felt the need to vent their own anti-Black attitudes at me. Said person talking about how he was "sick of Black people" and "majority of Black people are ghetto" and blamed it on then-President Obama. Now, I'm far from ghetto. I've been described as nerdy. This guy felt the need to lash out to me. Let's just say I never spoke to him again. Anyone coming at me with anti-Black animus, I don't think said person should be part of the conversation. All said person brings to the table is rage, arrogance, and hate.

I know there are plenty of people who don't hate Black people. When it comes to this discussion about crime in the Black people, the loudest voices are the ones with the most anger and disdain towards Blacks. When those are the loudest voices, more time will be spent trying to shout them down. More time will be spent trying to prove to hateful individuals how wrong they are. Less time is spent on actually talking about solutions. More time is spent dealing with racial tensions and animus.

I'm doing what I can to be a productive member of society. Sadly, people remember thugs and hood rats more. People like us get lost in this.
I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Who's more likely to harm normal, law adiding Black men like us: "Racists" venting about Black people online or Black people like the guy in the video? The answer is the latter.

People are allowed to feel how they want about difference races and we all have the right to distance ourselves from them if we disagree with their views. I met an anti-Semitic White guy in college who tried to be my friend. When I discovered his anti-Semitic views, I told him he was wrong for that and, when he doubled down on it, I chose to distance myself from him. But I do believe he's entitled to his views, as long as he's not actively trying to harm others.

The Black community as a whole should care more about the negative elements of our own community than racism because the former are harming and killing us all the time while the latter is not only subjective but far more harmless. I don't have an iota of respect for David Duke but David Duke isn't harming Black people any more than ourselves.

It's all a matter or perspective and priorities. I don't support racism in any forms towards any group whether it be Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, Jews, Chinese, Arabs, etc. But I also understand that the negative elements of the Black community seemingly being downplayed and coddled by our own civilians, community leaders, and politicians makes us look bad as a collective.

So, I see it both ways. We can only stick our heads in the sand for so long.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:28 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I keep seeing this happen in the big cities, like Atlanta, NYC and San Fransisco. Am I imagining a trend, or is it just normal, but there is more video now? I just want to. know if it is a trend as I want to protect myself.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brutal-se...deo-police-say
Protect yourself regardless, and don't only expect attacks to come from blacks, as criminals and nuts of every stripe can harm you.

As to black racism and potential violence being directed at whites, I sadly believe it is getting worse, mainly since Obama stirred the racial animus up in this country.

The media did (and still does) the best they can to make it sound like racial attacks were just crimes of a economic nature (i.e. poor blacks needing to eat, thus attacking more well to do whites). Heck, even when the so called "knockout game" showed blacks sucker punching whites for no reason (i.e. they were not robbed afterward) the media rarely mentioned the race of the attacker or victim.
It is still going on today, with Rick Moranis being a victim;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02HxDuBKNw

However you can bet your bottom dollar that if you had a bunch of white thugs sucker punching black people, including old grandmothers, it wouldn't be called a game. Rather it would be labeled as racism.
So rest assured bigotry, prejudice, and racism comes in all stipes, and currently black racism seems to be getting worse than I ever remember.

`

Old 08-10-2021, 11:31 AM

34,093 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Protect yourself regardless, and don't only expect attacks to come from blacks, as criminals and nuts of every stripe can harm you.

As to black racism and potential violence being directed at whites, I sadly believe it is getting worse, mainly since Obama stirred the racial animus up in this country.

The media did (and still does) the best they can to make it sound like racial attacks were just crimes of a economic nature (i.e. poor blacks needing to eat, thus attacking more well to do whites). Heck, even when the so called "knockout game" showed blacks sucker punching whites for no reason (i.e. they were not robbed afterward) the media rarely mentioned the race of the attacker or victim.
It is still going on today, with Rick Moranis being a victim;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02HxDuBKNw

However you can bet your bottom dollar that if you had a bunch of white thugs sucker punching black people, including old grandmothers, it wouldn't be called a game. Rather it would be labeled as racism.
So rest assured bigotry, prejudice, and racism comes in all stipes, and currently black racism seems to be getting worse than I ever remember.

`
Compared to when? Tell us,when was it ever truly Kumbaya? Nobody ever truly "got along" IMO.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-10-2021, 11:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
I'll take being called a racist by moving to the other side of the street over this, sorry good people of a certain demographic, and I know there are many of you. There is too much going on for me to trust a certain demographic, and It is has been emboldened as the white liberals whistle past the graveyard with their woke commercials.

Although the dude taking a beating really had no idea how to defend himself in any aspect of what happened. Don't let someone get that close to you, and then when you are down never let them get past your legs, roll the heck out of there and run. Just sitting there with your hands up pleading for mercy from a damn animal?

Old 08-10-2021, 11:47 AM

947 posts, read 297,480 times
I can't figure out what happened, based on the tape. At the beginning, the white guy walked up to the black guy and it looked like they had a brief conversation of some sort, and then....the black kicked the white until he was unconscious. Did the black try to trap the white by engaging him?

If I am walking alone on the street and a guy, black or white, tries to engage me in a conversation - even to ask directions - I will ignore him and keep my distance. There are complete savages out there masquerading as humans.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:51 AM

13,753 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'll take being called a racist by moving to the other side of the street over this, sorry good people of a certain demographic, and I know there are many of you. There is too much going on for me to trust a certain demographic, and It is has been emboldened as the white liberals whistle past the graveyard with their woke commercials.

Although the dude taking a beating really had no idea how to defend himself in any aspect of what happened. Don't let someone get that close to you, and then when you are down never let them get past your legs, roll the heck out of there and run. Just sitting there with your hands up pleading for mercy from a damn animal?
Exactly. I lived in Dallas for a few years and didn't have a car. The sidewalks can be very long and whenever I was alone and saw a group of Black teens coming my way I crossed over to other side. If they did the same I looked for a store to duck into. The same with exiting a bus and getting the feeling of being followed. I was new to Dallas and didn't know my way around. It was mainly Black bus drivers who warned me about certain areas. I remember taking the bus to see the movie "New Jack City" and being explicitly told to find another theater

Old 08-10-2021, 11:59 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Default Another Democrat Becomes a Republican

Brutal Seattle beating caught on surveillance video, police say
https://www.foxnews.com/us/brutal-se...deo-police-say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHtYGXs8iYU

Old 08-10-2021, 12:10 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Exactly. I lived in Dallas for a few years and didn't have a car. The sidewalks can be very long and whenever I was alone and saw a group of Black teens coming my way I crossed over to other side. If they did the same I looked for a store to duck into. The same with exiting a bus and getting the feeling of being followed. I was new to Dallas and didn't know my way around. It was mainly Black bus drivers who warned me about certain areas. I remember taking the bus to see the movie "New Jack City" and being explicitly told to find another theater
I do the same thing and I'm not racist because my parents are Black and I love them. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies